E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Next BEST THING For Your E9x BMW! Exciting Times!

01-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #265
N54Society
Major Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335i M Sport

I bought the Viofo A119PRO 2.0. 1440p resolution 30fps with security camera alert. It has a capacitor inside, no batteries.

2010 E90 335i M-Sport AT: 5" Stepped FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP - MHD V7 E60 Tune running 100% E85 - VRSF DPs
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #266
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Anyone have an intergratedrear view with sd card like the op's?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #267
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
Anyone have an intergratedrear view with sd card like the op's?
I would love the integrated rear view addition? Where to get that at?
Thanks.

I'm the OP by the way.

lol

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 02:26 PM   #268
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire335i View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the camera overheating? How are you suppose to know
Had it for two years in my car and no issues with overheating or no issues with the cold weather.
I live in NYC and we've had some scorching hot 100+ F degree days in the summer and a few -4 F degrees mornings this winter.

I also was worried that the winter/spring driving where your windows tend to fog up
would create an issue with moisture getting to the camera but I've not had that issue at all.

Over all it has been a great addition to my car.

I will try to do a two year update video for people who are on the fence due to concerns with the quality of this awesome kit!

Last edited by delmarco; 02-28-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 09:29 PM   #269
Waldrept
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Delmarco,

I'm excited to see that you recently replied to this thread! Hopefully you will see this message. I ended up creating a forum profile just to see if I could reach you.

After watching multiple videos on vehicle crashes, I decided that having a camera would be a good addition to my car and, if all goes well, to my wife's car too. YouTube directed me to your channel and I ended up subscribing (before I knew that this thread existed). Like you, I am interested in having a camera to cover the rear of the vehicle as well. After reading through this thread, I recall that you mentioned possibly splicing into the camera power lead. Did you abandon this idea?

Since the power cables are mostly generic, I was hoping that there would be a spliced version of the power cable available online. Some internet searching, on my end, has proven that the chipset used in CYHY's camera (Novatek 96655) is capable of supporting dual camera integration:

Link: https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_...&lkid=10320717
YouTube (video starts at 1:00):
)

As you'll notice, the YouTube video indicates that the rear camera receives power through the A/V input port which is a 3.5mm auxiliary telephone cable. Within the comment section on the installer's video, one YouTuber brings up a concern regarding his experience and other's. Their comment suggested that similar products come with a separate power lead and an auxiliary A/V input cable. I don't think that the separate power lead is necessary as the video documents the rear camera functioning solely from the auxiliary line. If you take a look at the 10:30 mark of the installer video, the 3.5mm auxiliary cable terminates and allows him to attach the camera. The connection for that rear camera appears to mirror the 4-pin wire harness connection shown in your video at the 4:00 minute mark (
). I would like to know your opinion on this, if you think it's relevant, and if you think this setup could be supported with the camera that you have installed on your vehicle.

Either way, I have purchased the CYHY shroud and camera via amazon and will push onward with the install, to include the intelligent comfort harness. Please, let me know if I'm wrong but, I believe that you may have installed the intelligent comfort module as well? I watched a follow-up video of your post-install where you walked around the vehicle showcasing the folding mirrors/closing windows. I would love to have my mirrors fold/unfold automatically as sometimes I forget. Other posts in this forum suggest that the comfort module is responsible for that function. I know my car windows can be rolled down by holding the unlock button on the key fob but holding the lock button does not put them into the closed position. I thought that this was weird because my 1-series didn't do that either. I'll be thankful if the module can provide that function.

I really look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Very Respectfully,
Travis Waldrep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Had it for two years in my car and no issues with overheating or no issues with the cold weather.
I live in NYC and we've had some scorching hot 100+ F degree days in the summer and a few -4 F degrees mornings this winter.

I also was worried that the winter/spring driving where your windows tend to fog up
would create an issue with moisture getting to the camera but I've not had that issue at all.

Over all it has been a great addition to my car.

I will try to do a two year update video for people who are on the fence due to concerns with the quality of this awesome kit!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:40 AM   #270
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

things the module does can be easily coded to become native functions of the car.

I left it out. Cheap chinese electronics don't have any business on my can bus.

and has anyone made the app work on android 7, or found an alternative?
It flat out doesn't work on my phone since android update.
works on my android 6 tablet.

I've resigned to having n OTG adapter and card reader in the car if I need to access the video, but it would be nice to sheck it's settings and make sure it's working occasionally from my phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #271
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldrept View Post
Delmarco,

Either way, I have purchased the CYHY shroud and camera via amazon and will push onward with the install, to include the intelligent comfort harness. Please, let me know if I'm wrong but, I believe that you may have installed the intelligent comfort module as well? I watched a follow-up video of your post-install where you walked around the vehicle showcasing the folding mirrors/closing windows. I would love to have my mirrors fold/unfold automatically as sometimes I forget. Other posts in this forum suggest that the comfort module is responsible for that function. I know my car windows can be rolled down by holding the unlock button on the key fob but holding the lock button does not put them into the closed position. I thought that this was weird because my 1-series didn't do that either. I'll be thankful if the module can provide that function.

I really look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Very Respectfully,
Travis Waldrep
Travis!
How are you?
I did not install the extra module on my car. I already had those options coded to my key fob.

BMW factory sets it to put the windows down but you can code it to put windows up, open, tilt
and/or close sunroof and fold in and out the mirrors.

I also have the angel eyes and fog lamps coded to come on when I unlock the car.

BTW My CYHY dash cam caught this yesterday driving home from Church.

Last edited by delmarco; 03-18-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 01:42 AM   #272
Waldrept
Registered
United_States
Rep

Oof!
I'm glad that you avoided getting hit! That scenario reminds me of when I got t-boned. Insurance totaled my '08 1-Series, it was rather unfortunate since I purchased it in England and had the military ship it back. So much work just for it to be totaled 2 years later. Oh well, now I have a 328; I miss having a manual though.
I've been doing well. Staying busy with school. The weather has been absolute trash ever since the camera arrived, so it has remained in its box. Soon, I'll install it with its module. I'll report back with updates, especially if it bricks the car.
Did you have any success in locating a rear integrated camera or any options to add one? I reached out to CYHY since the chipset is capable of doing this but they came back and said they do not offer an additional camera assembly for the rear. Have you had any issues with car battery drain? I was curious if I should purchase and integrate a battery pack with the car to avoid this. Were you able to get the motion detection option to work as well? My camera didn't come with a harness to direct connect to the fuse panel... Again, my apologies for all the questions.
My next purchase will likely just be:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UZC6UH73&psc=1
I love the integrated look of the CYHY and it appears to have worked great for you but, for the sake of time, I'll install the camera from the link above in the the wife's X3. We're expecting, and I want to make sure that her safety and the baby's safety are continued. I don't think I'll have time to bother with all the extra things I want for my car plus doing the same for hers.

-Travis
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 04:20 PM   #273
Waldrept
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Travis!
How are you?
I did not install the extra module on my car. I already had those options coded to my key fob.

BMW factory sets it to put the windows down but you can code it to put windows up, open, tilt
and/or close sunroof and fold in and out the mirrors.

I also have the angel eyes and fog lamps coded to come on when I unlock the car.

BTW My CYHY dash cam caught this yesterday driving home from Church.

Delmarco,

I don't know if this is old or new information or not but, while I was travelling through the forums, I found this website. It provides detailed information, hyperlinked wiring diagrams (to get functional definitions and vehicle locations w/pictures for the items), troubleshooting procedures, and can be VIN specific if you wish. I just found it today and I've been going through it for the wife's install. I hope that this will help you and anyone else interested in learning more about their vehicle.
Link: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...nal-info/body/
The fuse panel and information is located under 'general vehicle electrical system.'
Here is the link for the 'All-round vision camera (Top Rear Side View Camera - TRSVC)' for reference:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...-camera/check/
If you have any questions, let me know.
-Travis
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 02:22 AM   #274
MTK24
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I X Drive

I'm thinking of hard wiring my v1 radar detector with my rear view mirror connections but am scared to hardwire it with the CYHY connections.

Any suggestions?
      12-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #275
Krissdean
Rep
Drives: E90

Finally got the android app working, had to sideload it via usb stick.
But it works great.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 08:00 PM   #276
orca4wd
Private
Rep
Drives: X1, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissdean View Post
Finally got the android app working, had to sideload it via usb stick.
But it works great.
Hi Krissdean. Unable to find an android app anywhere in Google Play. Where did you find this app to sideload? Please share.. Doe it work on android 8 OS?
Appreciate 0