E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Next BEST THING For Your E9x BMW! Exciting Times!

03-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #67
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
I live and drive in arguably one of the worst suburbs in US and Canada - in fact, I bet my locale has the highest auto insurance in both nations due to horrible drivers and rampant insurance fraud. I finally caved today and got myself a Blackvue 2CH set up.

If this seller shipped to Canada and this was 2 channel expandable, I'd probably have bought it instead.
Where, Brampton or Scarborough?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #68
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Quote:
I live and drive in arguably one of the worst suburbs in US and Canada - in fact, I bet my locale has the highest auto insurance in both nations due to horrible drivers and rampant insurance fraud. I finally caved today and got myself a Blackvue 2CH set up.

If this seller shipped to Canada and this was 2 channel expandable, I'd probably have bought it instead.
Where, Brampton or Scarborough?
Fucking Brampton can't wait to move.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #69
mantis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [5.50]
but this video was in another dash cam clip too good. ordering one of these asap btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=az_Vlgy5dbM
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #70
CrazyFlame
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4

This looks pretty stealthy.
      03-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #71
DustyLBottoms
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009/335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
but this video was in another dash cam clip too good. ordering one of these asap btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=az_Vlgy5dbM
I love it when the sunglasses bail.
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit/M3 upper & lower control arms/VRSF downpipes/Big Tom FMIC/Cobb AccessPort/BMS DCI/Oil catch can/M3 replica lip spoiler/Mtech rear w/ color matched diffuser/Turner Motorsports wheel studs/Front strut bar/15mm wheel spacers/BMW Performance Knob/335is Clutch
Appreciate 1
mantis276.00
      03-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #72
mantis
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 e90  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyLBottoms View Post
I love it when the sunglasses bail.
he was so kool up till that point, then tool
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #73
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw=trash

Quote:
Fucking Brampton can't wait to move.
Ugh, i worked up there for about a month, horrible place i wont even visit again.

But where can i get one of these cameras in canada? Help please.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #74
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase View Post
Ugh, i worked up there for about a month, horrible place i wont even visit again.

But where can i get one of these cameras in canada? Help please.
Amazon.ca

lol

What is wrong with Brampton!?

I liked it there

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #75
bsmoov
Captain
Rep
Drives: e91 6 speed touring

Did you get this to work yet delmarco?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #76
n55jb4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi 2007 Auto

It's finally good to see people realize why dashcams are a necessity and not a hobby lol. Smart folks in Russia realized that many years ago. Now we are catching up. The only downside is that soon people on youtube will say "these idiot americans can't drive shit" lol - same thing they are saying about Russian drivers. The truth is EVERY country has a LOT of acidents and you only see them because dashcams are there

Last edited by n55jb4; 03-23-2017 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
delmarco492.00
      03-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #77
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw=trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Amazon.ca

lol

What is wrong with Brampton!?

I liked it there
Not listed on the amazon.ca website.

Brampton? Well, i am Caucasian, so i was a very small minority there. The majority of people were rude, arrogant, selfish smelly people. the roads we busted up, traffic was horrible. High crime rate ect..... this was over ten years ago, so maybe its different now.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 07:39 AM   #78
n55jb4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi 2007 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase View Post
Not listed on the amazon.ca website.

Brampton? Well, i am Caucasian, so i was a very small minority there. The majority of people were rude, arrogant, selfish smelly people. the roads we busted up, traffic was horrible. High crime rate ect..... this was over ten years ago, so maybe its different now.
Lol, I bet it's even worse now but maybe that's not a bad thing you know, to keep all that "nice and lovely" people together, so they don't spread all over other places
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #79
Trespassers W
Enlisted Member
Rep

OP, thank you! This is the best looking dashcam solution for BMW I've ever seen!

I have a couple of concerns:

1. The product description says:
Quote:
Extra Function from intelligent module:

1. Window Rolling Up by Key Buttons
2. Car Air Circulation
3. Intelligent Vehicle Seek
4. Warning to prevent emergency brake pumping
So, it looks like the camera cable is not only drawing current from the car wiring, but also interacts with FRM module. I would be quite hesitant about allowing third party Chinese electronics send signals through BMW data bus and interact with car ECUs.

2. The camera seems to be positioned very close to the windshield condensation sensor, so if camera gets hot during operation it might affect the sensor performance.

Nevertheless, very nice setup, I am really curios to see how it works, please keep us posted.

Last edited by Trespassers W; 03-23-2017 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #80
DustyLBottoms
Private
United_States
Rep

I installed this last night, super easy to do. No need to take down the headliner or loosen the sun visor clips. The hardest part was getting the clam-shell halves to clip together.

Also, if anyone is looking for the app to control the camera, it's on the iTunes app store under "CYHY". To connect to the camera you make sure its powered up, then connect to the CYHY wifi network(password is 12345678), then open the app.
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit/M3 upper & lower control arms/VRSF downpipes/Big Tom FMIC/Cobb AccessPort/BMS DCI/Oil catch can/M3 replica lip spoiler/Mtech rear w/ color matched diffuser/Turner Motorsports wheel studs/Front strut bar/15mm wheel spacers/BMW Performance Knob/335is Clutch
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #81
Misty
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealii View Post
A dash cam is a great investment.

1) I caught a valet guy entering my car without moving it twice. I showed the film to the company and he got fired.
2) Some a-hole in the costco parking lot cut me off, then nearly hit a truck backing out of a space. Then threatened to reverse into me to take the space behind me. If he hit me, it would have been a he said/she said ordeal.
i do valet lol i sat in a 2017 wrx like 3 times with out moving it jus taking pics an stuff
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #82
DustyLBottoms
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespassers W View Post
OP, thank you! This is the best looking dashcam solution for BMW I've ever seen!

I have a couple of concerns:

1. The product description says:

So, it looks like the camera cable is not only drawing current from the car wiring, but also interacts with FRM module. I would be quite hesitant about allowing third party Chinese electronics send signals through BMW data bus and interact with car ECUs.
Those functions only work if you install the additional module. I skipped that because I shared the same concerns as well, plus I already have comfort access.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #83
Trespassers W
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Those functions only work if you install the additional module. I skipped that because I shared the same concerns as well, plus I already have comfort access.
Thanks! I missed the additional module part. I agree, skipping it and installing just the camera is a good idea.

As for the condensation sensor, I would watch out for anything unusual with HVAC system. When my condensation sensor got damaged during windshield replacement the heater control went totally nuts and was blowing hot air at the windshield every couple of minutes.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #84
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoov View Post
Did you get this to work yet delmarco?
My car is still in the garage. This snow in NYC won't melt and it was 10 degrees below FREEZING this morning!

This weekend will warm up to the 60's with lots of rain so at some point this will get done and DIYed for the forums here!

Quote:
Thanks! I missed the additional module part. I agree, skipping it and installing just the camera is a good idea.

As for the condensation sensor, I would watch out for anything unusual with HVAC system. When my condensation sensor got damaged during windshield replacement the heater control went totally nuts and was blowing hot air at the windshield every couple of minutes.
By condensation sensor do you mean the rain and light sensor?

I believe that sensor module is designed to withstand a range of extreme temperatures simply because of it's location.

Also it doesn't sit too close to the sensor module.

Quote:

Yeah I will opt NOT to install that module as well since my car has all the convenience feature on it already. Yeah the camera kit's plug and play harness wires to the directly to dome lighting module and is killed after a few minutes when the car is turned off. So the good news is no power draw from your battery after the car is turned off and the bad news is this is not a parking security camera that will record after the car is off.

Last edited by delmarco; 03-23-2017 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #85
Trespassers W
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
By condensation sensor do you mean the rain and light sensor?

I believe that sensor module is designed to withstand a range of extreme temperatures simply because of it's location.
Rain and light sensor is a little black box, condensation/fog sensor is below it. But you are probably right, it should be fine as long as the camera doesn't get extremely hot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #86
bsmoov
Captain
Rep
Drives: e91 6 speed touring

Quote:
I installed this last night, super easy to do. No need to take down the headliner or loosen the sun visor clips. The hardest part was getting the clam-shell halves to clip together.

Also, if anyone is looking for the app to control the camera, it's on the iTunes app store under "CYHY". To connect to the camera you make sure its powered up, then connect to the CYHY wifi network(password is 12345678), then open the app.
How did you plug it in without taking down the headliner or loosen sun visor clips?

How do you like it? Everything working ok?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #87
DustyLBottoms
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoov View Post
How did you plug it in without taking down the headliner or loosen sun visor clips?

How do you like it? Everything working ok?
Follow the video here:

See how he pushes the metal tabs in using a tool? That's how you can drop the lighting cluster down.

I love it, works great, super easy access with the app.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #88
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Follow the video here:

See how he pushes the metal tabs in using a tool? That's how you can drop the lighting cluster down.

I love it, works great, super easy access with the app.
Yeah....
Only some year cars have that access to the tabs. My car has like a glass there that blocks you from access the inside of the dome lighting to get thru to the otherside where the clips are.

Strange...because some cars seem to have the glass there and some don't have any glass there.

See pictures below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0