E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 320d EfficientDynamics

06-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #89
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbdivo View Post
Well, car was ready for delivery today, however my current lease car has some scratches on the front and rear bumpers that need sorting before it goes back, however the lease company is being extremely slow in sorting it out!
Rather frustrating, hopefully it will be sorted soon!
Get them done early next time! My E91 is in the body shop this week having the previous owner removed from it:

Big scrape on front right bumper
New wheel to replace baly kerbed front right
New rear bumper to replace dented one
New left mirror housing to replace dented one
Removal of key mark all down left rear door
Remobal of scratches on roof (from loading a box?)

Already had it in for overdue service (-18k miles!!!!) where it needed new rear ash tray to replace broken one.

All done now cos I want my car pristine, but also because lease company will not accept back cars with even scratches from normal wear & tear as a colleage has just found out handing back his 150k mile Saab
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #90
Hairyarse
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochdale Pioneers View Post
My E91 is in the body shop this week having the previous owner removed from it:
Like the statement
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #91
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Guys,

Im really looking at getting one of these at the mo .. driving too much in mine and diesel prices rising!

Thing is .. i do a lot of motorway miles on the M25 so start-stop a lot, is not having an auto going to cause problems? Tried to get an extended test drive - but no luck so far!

Car will be bought through lex autolease so no idea if the upgrade options will come into play, but thus far just thinking sport seats and leather is needed.

Prob look to order asap.... then start looking to sell the 330d!

(okay .. also wondering whose the first company whose gonna do a remap for the 320ed!!)
      06-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #92
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

I just had a little 118d ES delivered last week and already I have put about 1k miles on it.
Nice cheap company car for me to replace the thirsty old passat diseasal which I don't need now.
We use Lex too, the BMWs are all sourced out of Williams in Manchester FWIW.

Today with a careful foot I achieved 64.2mpg over 500 miles motorway.
Being less careful and a bit more foot it still gave back 61.

Ye Gods, might as well rag it it bit more as there is little between speeding and sipping lol!

The autostart is just weird.
I remember sitting in the convertable not long ago with wifey, and her commenting upon 'that old twat in front keeps stalling'.
I get the same looks at the lights - its pretty amusing for now

Today it fired itself up whilst stopped in traffic, I presume to run the aircon compressor. That woke me up lol!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #93
mcjizja3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ED (ordered)

I just got delivery confirmed for Friday morning! Yey.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #94
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjizja3 View Post
I just got delivery confirmed for Friday morning! Yey.

Good stuff...how long before confirmed delivery date did you get the Registration number?

My company uses Lex Autolease too and yesterday my order updated with the reg. number however it still says 'Order ETA Stock' (currently ETA is 09 July 2010).
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #95
bbdivo
Rep
Drives: 320d ED

Finally got my act together and called the lease company today, will be getting it next Wednesday
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #96
mcjizja3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ED (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post

Good stuff...how long before confirmed delivery date did you get the Registration number?

My company uses Lex Autolease too and yesterday my order updated with the reg. number however it still says 'Order ETA Stock' (currently ETA is 09 July 2010).

I only got my reg this week (Monday I think). When I rang up to check it had arrived in stock the girl I spoke to on the phone said it that it must be in the country if I had a reg because they can only register it from then. Not sure how true that is - but I'd say its worth calling for an update.

I'm going on holiday this Saturday so I asked them to speed things up a bit, they were very good and did so!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #97
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjizja3 View Post
I only got my reg this week (Monday I think). When I rang up to check it had arrived in stock the girl I spoke to on the phone said it that it must be in the country if I had a reg because they can only register it from then. Not sure how true that is - but I'd say its worth calling for an update.

I'm going on holiday this Saturday so I asked them to speed things up a bit, they were very good and did so!
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I'm also due to go on holiday around the estimated delivery date....let's see if they can get it here before then.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #98
greenmile1636
Rep
Drives: 318I SE EDITION

Just ordered my new bmw efficient dynamics 320d today. Thinking of which metalic colour to go. I had a sparkling graphite bmw 3 edition model earlier. any suggestions
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #99
greenmile1636
Rep
Drives: 318I SE EDITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencookman View Post
If I were you, I'd definitely specify the sports seats, but also, certainly think about getting cruise control. It's an easy way to help with saving fuel, and I'm surprised it doesn't come as standard on a car designed with this in mind.
+1 cruise control is must..i am wondering about sports seats, how much extra do they cost?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #100
RWD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmile1636 View Post
+1 cruise control is must..i am wondering about sports seats, how much extra do they cost?
About £450
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #101
RWD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d

Quote:
Finally got my act together and called the lease company today, will be getting it next Wednesday
Hi bbdivo, it'll be nice to hear an early review and some pics if possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #102
bbdivo
Rep
Drives: 320d ED

got the car today, however can't give much of a review, just drove the car home (a 5 min drive) and now on a train to London! Took a bunch of pics so will try load them tonight, one thing I will say is that I was initially not convinced by the 16" alloys but I have to say they look great on a White car.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #103
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
got the car today, however can't give much of a review, just drove the car home (a 5 min drive) and now on a train to London! Took a bunch of pics so will try load them tonight, one thing I will say is that I was initially not convinced by the 16" alloys but I have to say they look great on a White car.
Nice one.

I should be getting mine next week (also in white)....it's in stock and being PDI'd, then I just need to confirm a delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #104
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

I get better economy on my last three cars without using the cruise control.

I suspect that I'm slowing on gradients so my average journey speed is lower than staying in cruise.
So therefor more economical and given the traffic jams i never notice the time difference anyhow.
Also if you want to play at wringing the unmpteenth .1mpg out, coast down hills in neutral.
Makes quite a difference on short runs, these cars have LOW rolling resistance its quite incredible!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #105
Daz(Teesside)
Rep
Drives: 320d ed

Hi Guys

Please can you confirm if you get a rear armrest as standard? I have a January price list and it's a £65 option however on the website configurator it's not listed so I'm hoping it is.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #106
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz(Teesside) View Post
Hi Guys

Please can you confirm if you get a rear armrest as standard? I have a January price list and it's a £65 option however on the website configurator it's not listed so I'm hoping it is.
I got my ED on Thursday and it has an integrated rear armrest....I didn't choose it so I'd assume you do get one (I have full leather btw).
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #107
Daz(Teesside)
Rep
Drives: 320d ed

You get a rear armrest as standard with leather but I'm not sure about half leather or this model in general.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 02:47 AM   #108
iainmc
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320ED

320D EfficientDynamics

You don't get a centre armrest with standard cloth interior, I have just been out and checked mine on the drive - got it friday very happy with it indeed.
I went with Bluewater paint - looks good
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #109
banjo21
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Got mine last Monday. Space gray with black leather. Only option I didn't get I wish I had is Bluetooth as its a pain (yes really) having to connect to visor clip on type every time I get in (and manually disconnect as it stays connected in house). Any top tips for kit (Parrot?). Want it to auto connect and disconnect on ignition.

Lovely car - got the DAB stereo, cruise, leather, back tint (for the kids), USB.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #110
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo21 View Post
Got mine last Monday. Space gray with black leather. Only option I didn't get I wish I had is Bluetooth as its a pain (yes really) having to connect to visor clip on type every time I get in (and manually disconnect as it stays connected in house). Any top tips for kit (Parrot?). Want it to auto connect and disconnect on ignition.

Lovely car - got the DAB stereo, cruise, leather, back tint (for the kids), USB.
Have a look in the technical section....you can get a Parrot + a connection kit to allow b/tooth to be used via the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0