E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Reseting brake pad warning light

09-07-2019, 05:32 AM   #1
markob
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

Reseting brake pad warning light

I changed brake pads earlier than the brake pads sensors were activated so i didnt have any brake warning light on dash and the sensors wasnt activated at all.

Couse i thinked that service interval for brake pads sensors needed to be reset i try to reset it in Delphi program but there i did mistake, the program asked me to entering brake pad thickens in millimetres and i enter 13mm what is the thicknes of new brake pad but it seem that with that enter i did mistake and now different testers show that i need to replace sensors couse they are activated and warning light for brakes is on dash and cant be deleted.

So if i go to delphi again to try enter different mm ticknes i dont get the same menu and i cant put any new mm data into it, delphi now only show reset option but when i reset i get message that sensors are probably broken/activated and i need to reset them.

Can i resolve problem in inpa or istad or what to do? Is this problem something about how many times you can enter correction and i exceded it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markob View Post
I changed brake pads earlier than the brake pads sensors were activated so i didnt have any brake warning light on dash and the sensors wasnt activated at all.

Couse i thinked that service interval for brake pads sensors needed to be reset i try to reset it in Delphi program but there i did mistake, the program asked me to entering brake pad thickens in millimetres and i enter 13mm what is the thicknes of new brake pad but it seem that with that enter i did mistake and now different testers show that i need to replace sensors couse they are activated and warning light for brakes is on dash and cant be deleted.

So if i go to delphi again to try enter different mm ticknes i dont get the same menu and i cant put any new mm data into it, delphi now only show reset option but when i reset i get message that sensors are probably broken/activated and i need to reset them.

Can i resolve problem in inpa or istad or what to do? Is this problem something about how many times you can enter correction and i exceded it?
Reset them through your dash.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
markob
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

it wont be reset trough my dash, i get trough procedure and at the end it shows clock icon and thats it.
Appreciate 0