E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need Help With AHL Xenon Retrofit Coding on Pre-LCI



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-13-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
billysundae
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Touring
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Need Help With AHL Xenon Retrofit Coding on Pre-LCI

So, I'm on the last stage of my E91 pre-lci halogen to pre-lci xenon retrofit, and I'm having issues getting the adaptive headlights to work. I have installed all hardware/sensors (AHL modules, level sensors, wiring, frm2 AHL, etc.). Also have updated my datens and all computer software is working, VO has $524 added to both NFRM and CAS.


I've tried SG_Codieren with a blank MAN file to both the LSMC and RSMC, and at first I got both headlights to calibrate up/down upon startup, but they also danced left/right then back to straight. I feel like this is wrong, since all stock xenon cars seem to calibrate up/down only. Also, the adaptive part just doesn't work when the car is running....


Tried running SG_Codieren again and now only the left headlight dances left/right and the right one has the motor binding up/down....


Anyone know what's going on?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
426
Rep
2,459
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysundae View Post
So, I'm on the last stage of my E91 pre-lci halogen to pre-lci xenon retrofit, and I'm having issues getting the adaptive headlights to work. I have installed all hardware/sensors (AHL modules, level sensors, wiring, frm2 AHL, etc.). Also have updated my datens and all computer software is working, VO has $524 added to both NFRM and CAS.


I've tried SG_Codieren with a blank MAN file to both the LSMC and RSMC, and at first I got both headlights to calibrate up/down upon startup, but they also danced left/right then back to straight. I feel like this is wrong, since all stock xenon cars seem to calibrate up/down only. Also, the adaptive part just doesn't work when the car is running....


Tried running SG_Codieren again and now only the left headlight dances left/right and the right one has the motor binding up/down....


Anyone know what's going on?
You shouldn't use blank man files when trying to default code modules.

Use a Factory / Expert Profile (no manipulation) and code each module you wish to code with SG_CODERIEN.

As you had Halogen lights before you also need to add $522 to the VO. Make sure the VO is changed for both CAS and NFRM.

Once 522 and 524 are there, default code the NFRM as above.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #3
billysundae
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Touring
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

OK, gave factory coding mode a shot for LSMC and RSMC and the lights are calibrating up/down only upon start up. But they still aren't following the steering angle. I've read that it could be that my 2 wires running to the glovebox might not be twisted tight enough? I've also done FA_Write to NFRM and CAS for both $522 and $524 before I did LSMC and RSMC, should I switch to SG_Codieren for that as well?


Also, I've had $522 running for awhile, I've actually had the lights installed for about a year, just finally getting around to the adaptive parts. But good to mention for other people having similar issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
426
Rep
2,459
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysundae View Post
OK, gave factory coding mode a shot for LSMC and RSMC and the lights are calibrating up/down only upon start up. But they still aren't following the steering angle. I've read that it could be that my 2 wires running to the glovebox might not be twisted tight enough? I've also done FA_Write to NFRM and CAS for both $522 and $524 before I did LSMC and RSMC, should I switch to SG_Codieren for that as well?


Also, I've had $522 running for awhile, I've actually had the lights installed for about a year, just finally getting around to the adaptive parts. But good to mention for other people having similar issues.
You still need to default code the NFRM...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 09:51 PM   #5
billysundae
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Touring
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

I have default coded NFRM and CAS after adding both $522 and $524. I tried it again to make sure, but still no luck...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 12:51 AM   #6
Sensible_
Colonel
426
Rep
2,459
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysundae View Post
I have default coded NFRM and CAS after adding both $522 and $524. I tried it again to make sure, but still no luck...
Ah ok, you left that bit out.

In which case it must be your wiring. I take it you don't have any fault codes?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #7
billysundae
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Touring
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Nope, no fault codes. I do know the horizontal motors work since they both did the weird dance when I initially coded them.

Would there be any way to see if the steering angle is being read properly using INPA? The most I've seen are the level sensor voltage readings, which read good.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ahl, coding, lsmc, retrofit, rsmc, xenon, xenon adaptive

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST