E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Can I run Meth with 40% E85 60% 91 Mixture?

11-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
aren93
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport

Can I run Meth with 40% E85 60% 91 Mixture?

Can I run Meth with 40% E85 and 60% 91 Mixture? Also about how much hp would I gain? Is it worth it? Thanks.
      11-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
tke344
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f15 X5 50i

You won't see as much of a benefit because you should have plenty of octane with the ethanol but it'll take a little load off of the fuel system and keep air intake temps consistently low.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
I disagree, you will see even more benefit than someone running 93 because you will see a bigger octane boost. You still will not be quite as high as someone mixing with 93, but you will see huge gains on map 5!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
aren93
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

OK then Meth Kit is my next upgrade
      11-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

its helpful. Especially for IATs and the added octane is nice as well. I just would not want to deal with the headache of a meth kit for minimal advantage. Depending how deep your pockets are, I would sit on it for awhile and save up for a giant single turbo or one of these upgraded hybrids.

IMO I would spend the money on track days at willow springs. All the power in the world doesn't mean sh*t IF someone can run laps around you on a real racetrack.

My first N55 I spent all my time trying to make it fast. I was full bolt on and tuned but there was no option for upgraded turbos. My car never satisfied me no matter how much power I made because the power curve was shit, I had no traction without an LSD, and my car was an automatic. This time around with my f32 I started with coilovers and tires and set it up to my liking and took it to at least 2 track days before I added power. And this time around this car is sooo satisfying.

Your car will never be an N54 or a drag car king. You have enough power now, take it to the track until you are limited by the amount of power in your car, then add as needed. 10 second pulls of 400whp is no where near as fun as taking turn 9 at big willow at 100mph and putting the power down after that apex.
      11-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
aren93
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
its helpful. Especially for IATs and the added octane is nice as well. I just would not want to deal with the headache of a meth kit for minimal advantage. Depending how deep your pockets are, I would sit on it for awhile and save up for a giant single turbo or one of these upgraded hybrids.

IMO I would spend the money on track days at willow springs. All the power in the world doesn't mean sh*t IF someone can run laps around you on a real racetrack.

My first N55 I spent all my time trying to make it fast. I was full bolt on and tuned but there was no option for upgraded turbos. My car never satisfied me no matter how much power I made because the power curve was shit, I had no traction without an LSD, and my car was an automatic. This time around with my f32 I started with coilovers and tires and set it up to my liking and took it to at least 2 track days before I added power. And this time around this car is sooo satisfying.

Your car will never be an N54 or a drag car king. You have enough power now, take it to the track until you are limited by the amount of power in your car, then add as needed. 10 second pulls of 400whp is no where near as fun as taking turn 9 at big willow at 100mph and putting the power down after that apex.
Lol I guess your right in a way. I can't go to the track until I get new tires and these problems fixed though but we shall see.