E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > First 335i

05-21-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
Eniamaj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ci

First 335i

Just Got my first N54 E92 335i and as you can imagine I'm excited to get more power. What do you recommend after maintenance to increase power to about 400 WHP on stock turbos.[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

05-21-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Drive it, get used to the stock power first then mod it. If you've never driven anything with 400whp it's faster than the internet makes it out to be.
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 2
tony55343103.50
Eniamaj12.00
      05-21-2020, 07:53 PM   #3
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
Drive it, get used to the stock power first then mod it. If you've never driven anything with 400whp it's faster than the internet makes it out to be.
Until you get used to it and its not lol . Than you drive your 117hp daily/winter car for months , finally drive the 400hp beast again and go "OH YAAA , IT IS FAST" hahah That's my situation anyways .

But yes, get used to it stock before adding power, and Maintenance before mods , live by that!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 08:16 PM   #4
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

The first thing you need to do is maintenance...once that's done, then start modding it.

Drive it for a while...is it leaking oil? Do you need a new valve cover gasket? Oil Pan Gasket? Is the oil cooler gasket leaking, are the turbo waste gates rattling? etc, etc....

After you put some miles on the car...change the oil, filter, spark plugs, and coils. That right there will eliminate the majority of the issues you might have after you start modding it. Also, don't forget to service the transmission....change the fluid, filter, and the the 4 sleeve seals and D-seal under the valve body. The last thing you want is your transmission to start slipping after you add 100+ hp/tq to your motor.

No......it's not cheap, but these cars cost money if you want them to run right. The guys who cheap out and don't do the required maintenance are the same guys posting on here all the time about all the codes and misfire problems they keep having.

After you get all of the maintenance done....do the standard bolt on mods. Either in stages, or all at once...it just depends on how much you want to spend. MHD flash tune (stage 1, 2, or 2+..depending on mods), charge pipe, catless downpipes, dual cone intake, muffler flap mod, bigger intercooler).

With those mods and the MHS Stage 2+ tune, you should be pretty close to 400hp to the wheels. Any power mods after that are going to get expensive. But 400hp/500tq in a 3,400lb car is nothing to laugh at.

After that, you are probably better off doing some suspension and brake mods. If you want more power (400+hp), you're probably looking at new turbos, inlets, outlets, and a custom tune.....not cheap.

400hp is kind of the limit of "cheap and easy HP" with these cars.....after that, it's $3K+ to start adding more power....and that's if you do all the work yourself.

Have fun...and save up some money for maintenance, mods, and service. These cars are fun...but you really need to keep up on the maintenance or they are a real headache.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 1
Eniamaj12.00
      05-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #5
alpnwss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 BMW 335is

Garage List
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Make sure you Google extensively before posting and you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 06:56 AM   #6
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
The first thing you need to do is maintenance...once that's done, then start modding it.

Drive it for a while...is it leaking oil? Do you need a new valve cover gasket? Oil Pan Gasket? Is the oil cooler gasket leaking, are the turbo waste gates rattling? etc, etc....

After you put some miles on the car...change the oil, filter, spark plugs, and coils. That right there will eliminate the majority of the issues you might have after you start modding it. Also, don't forget to service the transmission....change the fluid, filter, and the the 4 sleeve seals and D-seal under the valve body. The last thing you want is your transmission to start slipping after you add 100+ hp/tq to your motor.

No......it's not cheap, but these cars cost money if you want them to run right. The guys who cheap out and don't do the required maintenance are the same guys posting on here all the time about all the codes and misfire problems they keep having.

After you get all of the maintenance done....do the standard bolt on mods. Either in stages, or all at once...it just depends on how much you want to spend. MHD flash tune (stage 1, 2, or 2+..depending on mods), charge pipe, catless downpipes, dual cone intake, muffler flap mod, bigger intercooler).

With those mods and the MHS Stage 2+ tune, you should be pretty close to 400hp to the wheels. Any power mods after that are going to get expensive. But 400hp/500tq in a 3,400lb car is nothing to laugh at.

After that, you are probably better off doing some suspension and brake mods. If you want more power (400+hp), you're probably looking at new turbos, inlets, outlets, and a custom tune.....not cheap.

400hp is kind of the limit of "cheap and easy HP" with these cars.....after that, it's $3K+ to start adding more power....and that's if you do all the work yourself.

Have fun...and save up some money for maintenance, mods, and service. These cars are fun...but you really need to keep up on the maintenance or they are a real headache.
Seconded, if the op starts modding without doing the proper maintenance, then he's waiting for a disaster to happen.

Valve cover gaskets, seals, oil filter housing gasket, water pump, coils, plugs, possibly injectors as well, Solenoids, vacuum lines, any coolant or oil leaks etc all have to be dealt with first, maintenance before mods.
Appreciate 1
Eniamaj12.00