E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > E92 Battery Coding Issue

06-10-2023, 11:31 AM   #1
shade_7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i m-sport coupe (E92)

E92 Battery Coding Issue

Hello,

My battery recently died (2012 335i). I realized it would need registered and coded because the replacement had different specs than the old one. So, I bought an Ancel BM700 device to register and code the battery (after watching someone on youtube do it easily using this ~$100 device). My dad and I took old battery out, put new one in, and proceeded to go ahead and code/register.

My dad didn't realize he was supposed to code it before registering it. He registered it first, and now the other two options (for coding) are not there. We have tried disconnecting battery for awhile and reconnecting, still not there. We've tried driving it up to temp, then bringing back and disconnecting, still not there. Even tried starting all over (putting bad battery back in, connecting it, taking it out, put new one back in) and go to code it...still not there. The options for coding (options 2 and 3 on the BM700) DO NOT APPEAR. Only option 1 (for registration).

My question is, what in Gods name do I have to do to get this thing to give me the options to code. These options were there the first time, before he registered it. I cannot, no matter what I try, get them to reappear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 08:33 PM   #2
Alex_R
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

BM700 battery coding problem

I have exactly the same problem on 2009 E90. I've bought a brand new BM700 specifically to code and register a new battery. I have only seen one single option on the screen where there should be three. The battery gets registered and that's it. I hope somebody can help.
Appreciate 0