E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > DINAN STAGE 2....Or Something ELSE?

12-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
Slickrat
Injen intake,DINAN s2,BBS-LM,Led int,KW-V2, + More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09,335i,alpine,bbs-lm,kw-v2,++

DINAN STAGE 2....Or Something ELSE?

Sorry to repost this.. but.. i'm picking up a 335i in JAN and I want to get more power out of it...Dinan Stage 2 computer, exhaust and suspension bushings? or is there another brand thats not going to blow my motor up that makes just as much HP..

Dinan Stage 2 385 hp

Plus DINAN warranties their product through BMW.. THOUGHTS ARE APPRECIATED!!!! Good or bad Thanks Matt-
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep
Drives: MINIVAN

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrat View Post
Sorry to repost this.. but.. i'm picking up a 335i in JAN and I want to get more power out of it...Dinan Stage 2 computer, exhaust and suspension bushings? or is there another brand thats not going to blow my motor up that makes just as much HP..

Dinan Stage 2 385 hp

Plus DINAN warranties their product through BMW.. THOUGHTS ARE APPRECIATED!!!! Good or bad Thanks Matt-
i would check on the warranties ... many bmw dealerships are no longer accepting it... go with a piggyback system its cheaper and better... i went with JB3 PNP and i love it ! Congrads on the new ride... give us some details! If you want i have a dinan exhaust for sale... pm me for more info
      12-09-2008, 01:13 AM   #3
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:

Dinan Stage 2 385 hp

its a dinan warranty, not through bmw. the dinan warranty covers anything that is voided by bmw due to use of their parts... not all dealers will honor the dinan warranty, esp if they are not dinan dealers themselves. the warranty claims go back to dinan and not bmw when the bmw warranty has been voided by bmw.

some people have been caught in the middle of bmw and dinan pointing their fingers at each other.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
Slickrat
United_States
Rep

Yea i know.....habberstad bmw in huntington installs and works with dinan so i've heard from the service manager...I just dont want to mess up a brand new car with an aftermarket computer that might fail or break something..

I plan to put BBS LM wheels, VMS deck spoiler, ASR Pedals new style,DINAN exhaust,computer,and suspension bushings, LED interior kit, M tech aero kit front,Hyper white halo's,V32 hood, Paint the roof black,5% tint, 35% on the windshield, and much more..possable a gruppe m intake

CAR is Alpine white, Black Leather,silver trim, spt pkg,prem pkg,cld wthr pkg,ipod,nav, the whole 9 haha...

Let me know what you think
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 06:52 AM   #5
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
its a dinan warranty, not through bmw. the dinan warranty covers anything that is voided by bmw due to use of their parts... not all dealers will honor the dinan warranty, esp if they are not dinan dealers themselves. the warranty claims go back to dinan and not bmw when the bmw warranty has been voided by bmw.

some people have been caught in the middle of bmw and dinan pointing their fingers at each other.
i know it sucks... the bmw dealership near me is like that.... they will not warranty or bother dealing with helping get dinan cover work they should be doing at all ... and this is coming from the dealership not my experience
      12-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
Mprojektz
EP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Yea i know.....habberstad bmw in huntington installs and works with dinan so i've heard from the service manager...I just dont want to mess up a brand new car with an aftermarket computer that might fail or break something..

I plan to put BBS LM wheels, VMS deck spoiler, ASR Pedals new style,DINAN exhaust,computer,and suspension bushings, LED interior kit, M tech aero kit front,Hyper white halo's,V32 hood, Paint the roof black,5% tint, 35% on the windshield, and much more..possable a gruppe m intake

CAR is Alpine white, Black Leather,silver trim, spt pkg,prem pkg,cld wthr pkg,ipod,nav, the whole 9 haha...

Let me know what you think
I got the dinan upgrade. I'm calling today probably to see if my regular warranty is still in place. I might get reflashed back to stock and grab a V3 or JB3.. the power is similiar too.. SSTT ( a tad more, stage 2) and I already have a lot of mods that would void my dinan warranty probably. I too went too Habberstad, great work..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

FYI-BMW and Dinan no longer work together.

Pick up a nice PnP piggyback or Helix Attache and call it a day. Theres a few people on here that can help you install it (me being one of them) and have you on your way to more power and LESS money than Dinan
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
Mprojektz
EP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
FYI-BMW and Dinan no longer work together.

Pick up a nice PnP piggyback or Helix Attache and call it a day. Theres a few people on here that can help you install it (me being one of them) and have you on your way to more power and LESS money than Dinan
Hey Sal,

They claim they have a strong tie. I just got off the phone and don't really buy it. I'm about to pay the 100$ and re-flash back to stock and pick up a nice PNP and go from there.

This really ticks me off, I bought this thing to have the factory warranty intact, I better get out before it's too late.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mprojektz View Post
Hey Sal,

They claim they have a strong tie. I just got off the phone and don't really buy it. I'm about to pay the 100$ and re-flash back to stock and pick up a nice PNP and go from there.

This really ticks me off, I bought this thing to have the factory warranty intact, I better get out before it's too late.
strong tie is that dinan sends the VINs of cars they mod to BMWNA, and your car is flagged.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

Quote:
Hey Sal,

mike...how many friggin usernames do you have
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #11
Slickrat
United_States
Rep

I was told your factory warranty exists through bmw is you break an axle, brakes ya know oil the whole 9..but if something goes wrong with the computer or turbos then itd DINANS responsability.. pretty cheezy if you ask me... and your paying alot for the shit...you think the product is worth the price?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #12
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was told your factory warranty exists through bmw is you break an axle, brakes ya know oil the whole 9..but if something goes wrong with the computer or turbos then itd DINANS responsability.. pretty cheezy if you ask me... and your paying alot for the shit...you think the product is worth the price?
you got it wrong there.. is the product worth the apparent piece of mind? that my friend is up to you... some people swear by dinan...others .... well ... they dont
      12-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #13
Mprojektz
EP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
strong tie is that dinan sends the VINs of cars they mod to BMWNA, and your car is flagged.
Thats fine, I'm going to flash back to stock. I can choose to grab the flash again if I want.. later down the line. If I'm stock I can just run stock, you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrokin330 View Post
mike...how many friggin usernames do you have
Like this 1 and gameovr, the mods like to change my user name to like GAMEOVR? So stupid.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #14
Slickrat
United_States
Rep

Well what kind of numbers do you see with just a ecu flash and mufflers?

Dinan claims 385 hp- 13lbs boost I believe thats pretty good
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
Slickrat
United_States
Rep

ane were you happy with the difference between stock and the flash?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
Mprojektz
EP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well what kind of numbers do you see with just a ecu flash and mufflers?

Dinan claims 385 hp- 13lbs boost I believe thats pretty good
Probably around SSTT numbers, a tad higher. Boost was around 13... I have other mods, so 13.9 I saw a couple of times.. 13.2, 13.3 ... around there.
I would say you get: 340 HP and 350 TOR (give or take)

Of course the difference is night or day, but there are more powerful things out there.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
CFM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Well the question then is IF the dealer can really detect if you had a tune. I mean, if you can just remove the tune and get covered under warranty, that is fine. I don't know if there is a definite way to tell whether BMW has some way of detecting out of spec readings without seeing a tune attached to the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #18
Slickrat
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFM3 View Post
Well the question then is IF the dealer can really detect if you had a tune. I mean, if you can just remove the tune and get covered under warranty, that is fine. I don't know if there is a definite way to tell whether BMW has some way of detecting out of spec readings without seeing a tune attached to the car.
well if you buy dinan then yes the dealer knows because they are the only ones that install dinan
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #19
Slickrat
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Probably around SSTT numbers, a tad higher. Boost was around 13... I have other mods, so 13.9 I saw a couple of times.. 13.2, 13.3 ... around there.
I would say you get: 340 HP and 350 TOR (give or take)

Of course the difference is night or day, but there are more powerful things out there.

so you put a boost gauge in your car
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #20
Mprojektz
EP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
so you put a boost gauge in your car
Yes, I am running rixer's V1 boost gauge. It comes in handy after services and what not to know if I am still boosting at high levels and they didn't re-flash something, without me knowing. It also helps with leaks.. and what not.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #21
Slickrat
United_States
Rep

think you can post a picture of it mounted in the interior i'm very curious where you would mount that
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #22
Mprojektz
EP
United_States
Rep

Not the best one... but that is all I have for now. He has a new one that sits in the left AC vent... which is nice. I'll upgrade sooner or later.
Appreciate 0