Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Run flats or replace blown Conti DWS in NYC?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
AcesUp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Run flats or replace blown Conti DWS in NYC?

If I were to go with run-flats, any suggestions?

Last edited by AcesUp; 06-18-2017 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
mustangivore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

Check out this thread, I just updated it after getting new wheels.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...0#post15901150

I'd say go runflats, but I'm biased

Sorry to hear about your blown tire but congrats on the purchase!
      05-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
AcesUp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I might have to take those off your hands. Just have to decide if I want summer or all-season. If you had all-seasons it would be a done deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
mustangivore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

i hear ya. you're awd so all seasons is fine. i'm rwd, so i need winter tires which i used for the first time this year. definitely good year to have them.

by the way, the winter tires are also runflat, staggered with exact same specs as oem, and true winter performance. these reasons are why i bought them. and they are awesome. but I'm debating whether to put them up for sale as well in order to make room for non-runflat winter tires.

the main reason i want non-runflats, which is a reason for many, is a more forgiving drive. i'm lowered on h&r sport springs so that's important to me.

just let me know about the summer tires. we're not that far for local deal. tires have incredible grip but i'm sure in freezing temperatures they would not soften up enough to give you the traction you want.
      05-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
WachYourBac
Private
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesUp View Post

All-Season Run-Flats
[LIST][*]Bridgestone DriveGuard Grand Touring All-Season $904[*]Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT Ultra High Performance All-Season $1,094
I love my Potenza 960 Pole Position RFTs. I originally had the Continental conti-pro contact SSR, and these are miles better in terms of handling feel, traction in wet/dry and also the ride for RFTs

I suggested them to my father for his BMW because the ride is so much better, and looking at the ratings on multiple websites they seem like a great choice.

I personally love them and would suggest them.
Appreciate 0