E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC to NBT or CIC questions

08-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
Kevink15
Rep
Drives: BMW 330XI

CCC to NBT or CIC questions

New 06 330xi owner here and looking to upgrade the CCC. I have CCC with Premium package, however being the Canadian version it did not come with bluetooth. Here are my needs and looking for advice as I am in my car a lot.

- Bluetooth
- Updated maps
- Connectivity to phone for music
- Backup camera (wife likes that feature when she drives, happy wife, happy life)
- Want more then a need would be Apple Carplay

So in my research and days of searching, if I were to go CIC, I would still need to add combox (rather go all in as opposed to just adding TCU). However my understanding is if I go NBT, bluetooth/combox is built into the headunit. If this is true, it would be better and perhaps even cheaper to go the NBT route as I would not need to buy the extra combox unit, harnesses and holder. I'm pretty technical and can do this install, would just look for a pro to do coding.

Would like to hear some feedback from the pro's who have done this and any recommendations.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
Kevink15
Rep
Drives: BMW 330XI

Would love some feedback. Found an amazing local deal on an NBT unit, screen and looks to be a cic controller
Appreciate 0