E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Programming status 12 after failed programming update

05-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #45
prossi
Rep
Drives: X5 E70

Pierre26 thanks again for your hints and effort to write me down instructions.
I fixed the problem
here is what I did:
- used WINKFP to flash in comfort mode. disabled bootsector update. used MOST_ASYNC_ab625 interface.
- flashed first TEL/ULF and then BO (MASK/CCC). it took about 3-4 minutes each one (on MOST interface)
- during the flash I connected a power supply which could deliver constant 50 Amps on 14.2v (modded by myself). the car took about 20 Amps during the flash.
- next step I coded those two modules in NCSEXPERT
- no need to flash other modules.

so at this point I resolved my issue thanks to you and the other info I could gather reading different forums.

It's an experience and my final word is: "never code your BMW using a K-DCAN cable"

P.S. it showed that my ICOM B (MOST connector) was not faulty as I could flash two different ECU using MOST. for some, still not identified reason, the MOST bus modules in ISTA/P are still grayed out. as I had replaced my CID with an after-market navigation screen last year, the CID ECU is not accessible (not existing anymore). maybe that's the reason that ISTA/P is thinking the MOST is OPEN! I will update the forum if I find something.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #46
Pierre26
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009-335D Pack M

Quote:
Originally Posted by prossi View Post
Pierre26 thanks again for your hints and effort to write me down instructions.
I fixed the problem
here is what I did:
- used WINKFP to flash in comfort mode. disabled bootsector update. used MOST_ASYNC_ab625 interface.
- flashed first TEL/ULF and then BO (MASK/CCC). it took about 3-4 minutes each one (on MOST interface)
- during the flash I connected a power supply which could deliver constant 50 Amps on 14.2v (modded by myself). the car took about 20 Amps during the flash.
- next step I coded those two modules in NCSEXPERT
- no need to flash other modules.

so at this point I resolved my issue thanks to you and the other info I could gather reading different forums.

It's an experience and my final word is: "never code your BMW using a K-DCAN cable"

P.S. it showed that my ICOM B (MOST connector) was not faulty as I could flash two different ECU using MOST. for some, still not identified reason, the MOST bus modules in ISTA/P are still grayed out. as I had replaced my CID with an after-market navigation screen last year, the CID ECU is not accessible (not existing anymore). maybe that's the reason that ISTA/P is thinking the MOST is OPEN! I will update the forum if I find something.
If you know what/how to do WinKfp is the MUST, glad to see you sorted out so quickly.
and your MOST B is working well.
Next read and reread +x threads to have a correct idea before doing.
What you did was Programming and not coding (less dangerous).
Perso, i just did a combox retrofit flashing to V41 then coding the necessary FA but for now if i have Connected Drive and all options, I can't Pair a BT Phone, using iTool32 all is correct in the Combox, BT activated, the hell, i have less than before with Mulf ... -> Update: Done by redoing-recoding the Combox Telematic using $644 despite what is said as to be $633, pairing even my Laptop cool to transfer data without a buck (yes,out of topic).
For ISTA/P don't forget to release the ICOM with easy Connect before shutting it down, Ista has is own parameters to connect to ICOM, and ISTA/D is running i hope so not the problem you mentionned.
I think only because you did partial flashes (naab is not updated) and may be not the same zusb level, anyway running.
You can Flash with ''Update UiF'' to know what are really your actuals parameters.
Read WinKfp Manual before is better.
Well learning all the life as always.

Last edited by Pierre26; 05-24-2018 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 02:52 AM   #47
Pierre26
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009-335D Pack M

Quote:
Originally Posted by prossi View Post

Found this for you :
"In order to show all the same VINS in ISTA/P as well as INPA you should use tool32 and change the vin in the UIF in all 3 module cicr.prg, cicr_gw.prg and cicr_hd".

So because you changed the CiD, UiF one is different and this tricky Ista/P stuck.

But to do it, take care before by reading you UiF and save each parameter, easely done by writing them using Notepad on a line each one separated with ";"
Then you can use UiF_schreiben with these new parameters to the CiD.
Verifying by doing again UiF_Lesen, and must be the same UiF taken off using CiCr.prg CiCr_Gw.prg and CiCr_Hd.prg, last one to use for changing UiF CiD.
Thread about was (** is wo - : b-m-w-c-o-d-i-n-g) there:
http://www.**************/showthread...ur-broken-CIC)
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #48
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

Hello Pierre26 or Sensible you guys seems to be knowledgeable in this area, and i think Sensible even helped me when few years back when i started learning coding, just like OP i screwed up my module and it says Programming State 12 in Inpa:

Ive checked it in tool32 (flash_programmier_status_lesen) and it also says:
"FLASH_PROGRAMMIER_STATUS = 12 00 0C" (Will provide pics if need other info)

Now, background, every single day/start of engine i have this issue for almost a year now - 09 LCi STEREO unit not powering up in the morning

In post 10^ i find some documents stating that i need to update software on my radio

I Was trying for a couple of days straight to figure out how to make WinKfp work since i very like using Bimmergeek's compilation that i got from this thread - E Series DATEN Requests never succeeded on that and even post a question in post #677 of my problem with not unlocking Vin button..

So i used older compilation that i got from wildecatcrazy (from mega as his username ) from this thread that i learned to code on and was using for a while before switching to bimmergeeks pack - DIY: Setup BMW Standard Tools 2.12 on Windows XP > 10
winkfp seemed to be working fine even tho the majority of modules had identical software listed as an upgrade (I just set up as i WAS going to update and when its asking if you want to program this # to this # i press no), i actually did IHKL(KLIMA), JBBF maybe few other ones including MRS that showing programming state 255 - dont care about it since nothing shows on the dash or in error scan

Software upgrade version was definitely a newer version in WinKFP when i started, but it took over 1&1/2 hours to write whatever was in that update after which winkfp did throw an error and now i have crossed SOS light on cluster when i start/shut down my car!(

Im using K-Dcan cable and hope to try something with it first before buying ICOM

Is it possible to do a Expert winkfp coding through k-Dcan cable? If yes after filling first two buttons it also asking for an ecu location (hex) and few other things im not by the car to read now...

EDIT:
Do i just update Winkfp Daten through "Bmw standard tools" menu or i should "Import" files like shown in this youtube video as well? At 2:00 minutes - How to Update Datens And Import them to WINKFP E46 E60 E90

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 07-23-2018 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #49
SG_E90
DaZuc
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtobebest View Post
Is it possible to do a Expert winkfp coding through k-Dcan cable? If yes after filling first two buttons it also asking for an ecu location (hex) and few other things im not by the car to read now
Yes it is possible, ecu location in your case would be 36 for tcu/mulf.

However it is not recommend to flash a module that communicates via MOST on kdcan.

You should be using ICOM Part B with MOST_SYNC...etc

If you PM me I can send you link to latest SPDaten.

Also if you have SOS error you can disable it via coding, what's most important is if your BT still functions.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #50
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

SG_E90 Thanks, for a fast response;

About daten's, wouldn't this be a latest version for E90? - Bimmergeeks Software Downloads - version 60.1, as far as i understand Daten Packs might be newer but there would be no updates for E90 chassis

I am willing to take my chances with trying to program it once again with KDcan, in winkfp expert mode there is NO options to chose anything in:
Data file
Program file
NAAB file
and please see if i should change anything in configuration menu except UNCHECKING - "bootsectorupdate"

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 07-25-2018 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #51
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Anybody?
I figure out Tel/Mulf module now never goes to sleep and discharging battery....
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 04:40 PM   #52
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Flash with ICOM (any clone should be ok) and GENUINE ICOM B. Most if not all clone ICOM B never work.

To answer your questions:

- You need income A / A2 or ICOM NEXT with genuine ICOM B.

- ICOM can be used just like DCAN cable through ediabas.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #53
ivanp
Rep
Drives: x3

Hello.
I need your experience and help please - I was trying to do a software update on a motorcycle BMW 1200 GS - from ilevel K024-07-10-500 to K024-18-07-500.
All worked fine excepting DWA/RDC module which was shown as failed during update with error message - Global Communication: global vehicle communication coapi.2082 flash delete defective.
If i am running again the update - same message.
The ilevel seems to be the latest one - K024-18-07-500.

Now the module is shown in ista d in blue color and in details - programmins status 12.

Ofcourse - now DWA or RDC are working on the motorcycle.
I was trying to flash just that module using Winkfp but no luck - the error shown is 211 - error in programming - and somewhere in the details - again that message simmilar from ista - error flash delete - i will try to take a screen shot with exact error message.

I am using ista p 3.66.02. I have a dcan cable and icom oem. Ista p is lunched with bmw loader 6.4 when using icom and when dcan - using loader 6.1.
When using winkfp - ediabas. ini is edited to use interface: remote and down bellow in that file - Remote interface is configured to point to icom ip.

Any idea what i am doing wrong or what else to try before to give up?

Many thanks,
Paul

Update - it was sorted out by adjusting the winkfp configuration settings:
x programming voltage
x test checksum
x active boot sector update
NO UIF write at all ticked

Many thanks,
Paul

Last edited by ivanp; 06-17-2019 at 07:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 12:25 PM   #54
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 535d

mines stuck, need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Flash with ICOM (any clone should be ok) and GENUINE ICOM B. Most if not all clone ICOM B never work.

To answer your questions:

- You need income A / A2 or ICOM NEXT with genuine ICOM B.

- ICOM can be used just like DCAN cable through ediabas.

Hi pal, im trying to get my japanese cic to ece spec. The car is japanese import and ive vo coded out the jap language etc no prob, Ive attempted to code the cic 63 first with my icom a2 using winkfp. Im ahving issues and would like some definitive guidance as to the configuration of winkfp ie uif write on or off and fast baud rate on or off. Also would really like some guidance on the NAAB file as there are lots in the cic63 folder. im using v63 data set and im pretty competent on ista and ncsexpert etc but havent used winkfp before. I can use tools32 but i dont have istap.
i did seem to successfully write the bootloader using the 2J5 file but maybe this wasnt the right one as the program part failed after about 30 minutes with a windows "winkfp has stopped working" and i could see from task manager that no more data was being written. do you think this could be from a winkfp config error like uif write in expert mode or do you think it s more likely something else. I know theres a lot here but any help would be appreciated. the car is an 2011 e82 btw, thanks, Im in gloucestershire.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 01:05 PM   #55
HerbP
Rep
Drives: 645, 750

CIC Retrofit Problems

I have been fighting with the modules stuck in programming status 12 mode. I made an ICOM loop to just look the ICOM B and the CIC like suggested. I can not get any communication to the ECU's after trying every trick in the book. I suspect that maybe my ICOM B Clone might be the problem, but not really sure? I can communicate with ISTA P & D without any other problems.

I have a 645 that I was doing the CIC retrofit. The CIC is one of the latest made for a 2010 650, to have all of the options. Is there any way to test the ICOM B, to make sure it can write to a module. I have updated the vin #'s using Toolset32, & input the correct assembly numbers I should need. I can write to the modules in OBD2 modes, but not with the ICOM B. Can anybody help me, or does anyone do remote coding?

Any help would be very much appreciated. I see that this forum seems to have the best knowledge in retrofitted CIC's!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2023, 08:35 PM   #56
HerbP
Rep
Drives: 645, 750

My ICOM B clone is testing ok, but I still can't get the CIC to start the programming cycle. I have double checked everything I know to check, but still not making any progress. I had the UIF of the CIC before doing anything, so I know what ZB # it used. The MOST Bus loop is closed, & I have even built a most loop for only the CIC & ICOM B.

I have all of the needed software & hardware, it just want get the program status 12. I suspect that the TCU is also part of the problem, as it is showing some error faults in Toolset32.

Help need badly!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 04:33 AM   #57
JackAdamson
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport Coupe

thanks a lot for information, was searching for similar one for my issue with car, also Im searching information about https://mobilunity.com/blog/top-pros...gn-to-ukraine/ - that's awesome blog by the way.

Last edited by JackAdamson; 06-30-2023 at 02:55 AM..
Appreciate 0