E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > is my ecm bad?

02-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
06coopers
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi wagon

is my ecm bad?

Hey guys. Last week i replace my valve cover gasket on my 09 328xi wagon. We had some pretty bad rain so there were a few days were I couldn't work on it. I had everything covered with plastic under the engine bay. It took about a week for me to have a chance to get out and button everything up.
The first time I started it and ran fine for about five minutes. Then I took it down the road and about a mile down I got a check engine warming and 4x4/dsc warning. I had to go to work so I came back the next day to check on it and the battery was totally dead. Like not even interior lights coming on dead. I jumped it and got these codes

P2DED
P2D1D
P2D07

Does anybody have any clue where I should start. I'm really worried that maybe I didn't have everything covered like I should have and water got in and now I have an electrical issue.
I pulled out the ECM and saw some moisture inside one of the plugs, and rust/corrosion on another. could this be the issue? is this unit likely dead? or will cleaning the pins fix it? it will still start and run, just with the above issues.

Appreciate 0