E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Frm to Frm2 help needed!!!!

02-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
TigerJK37
Rep
Drives: Alpine white e90

Frm to Frm2 help needed!!!!

Hi guys I have done a lot of research before going thought with the retrofit. however, like always, I ran in to a issue. I have installed the frm2 it self and ran the winkfp and it told me that it was succesful. However when I go in to ncs expert and try to comfirm the vin, frm and nfrm both shows a different vin. please help.

Im in the DMV area if anyone is willing to meet up. thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
cyrano
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: E61 530XD chipped

You sure that you done this right ??

Use winkfp to update module plus add your VIN, than check with tool32 if vin matches , if not try to overwrite it then use ncs to tell FRM2 your VIN and Vehicle order, then reset it with factory settings then it should work
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
yEBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 335i

Garage List
a bit more information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
You sure that you done this right ??

Use winkfp to update module plus add your VIN, than check with tool32 if vin matches , if not try to overwrite it then use ncs to tell FRM2 your VIN and Vehicle order, then reset it with factory settings then it should work
Can you provide a little more detailed information on modifying the frm2. I have done a ton of research but not sure when to actually code the frm2. Should I install the lci xenons then install the frm2 then code frm2 with winkfp then code the rest of the process for xenon's?

11' 335i -M-Sport/LeMans Blue Metallic/Sport/Premium/AT - Current
06' 325i -Base/Arctic Metallic/MT - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d e91

If you use FRM2 for LCI xenons you need to turn off a few parameteres in NFRM using NCS exper. Unless you didn't have Xenon ligts before, then you have to add $522 to FRM and CAS using FA write (VO write) and recode these modules.

If you had FRM1 and you replaced it with FRM2, you have to programm this module and change VIN using WinKfp, then you have to add all VOs to FRM2 these same as are in CAS (you have to compare both), additionaly you have to add to CAS and FRM2 this date #0307 and remove the old one. Then you have to recode these two modules and all should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
yEBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******84 View Post
If you use FRM2 for LCI xenons you need to turn off a few parameteres in NFRM using NCS exper. Unless you didn't have Xenon ligts before, then you have to add $522 to FRM and CAS using FA write (VO write) and recode these modules.

If you had FRM1 and you replaced it with FRM2, you have to programm this module and change VIN using WinKfp, then you have to add all VOs to FRM2 these same as are in CAS (you have to compare both), additionaly you have to add to CAS and FRM2 this date #0307 and remove the old one. Then you have to recode these two modules and all should be fine.
This was very helpful and I appreciate your response. I have done what you said but I have some of the following problems and would appreciate your professional advice:

Getting ccid 130 and 128 which is for the high beams.
Projectors are not facing straight ahead.
Ahl modules aren't showing up in ncs exper.(even after coding the above)
Cornering lights aren't working even after coding.

A little history: Did a halogen to lci euro ahl xenon conversion(lights are from a euro 320d)

-I rewired them as such: swapped pin 5 and 6 cause I read this is what was needed to get the high beam shutter to work.(this I doesn't work fine and may be causing the errors. I have read to that someone has left 5 and 6 in their original positions so I may have to try that but please let me know what you think)
- tapped 2 and 4 for ground I think and tapped 1 and 7 so 3 leds come on with halo's. (THis works fine)
- already coded out all bulb checks but still can't get ccid - 130 and 128 to go away, could be wiring.

- Should I add $524 or does this get left out? I just want to get the projectors to straighten out. The way it will get fixed is by activating what ever makes the projectors move from left to right.

- Lastly I don't care about ahl working just want error codes to go away and projectors to be straight.
- When I press the stalk forward the high beams don't come on but the blue high beam light does show. But when I pull it they do work and I can hear the shutter working. Please let me know if you would like to see my.man file or if you want any pics of videos.

Thanks in advance..

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yEBMW View Post
This was very helpful and I appreciate your response. I have done what you said but I have some of the following problems and would appreciate your professional advice:

Getting ccid 130 and 128 which is for the high beams.
Projectors are not facing straight ahead.
Ahl modules aren't showing up in ncs exper.(even after coding the above)
Cornering lights aren't working even after coding.

A little history: Did a halogen to lci euro ahl xenon conversion(lights are from a euro 320d)

-I rewired them as such: swapped pin 5 and 6 cause I read this is what was needed to get the high beam shutter to work.(this I doesn't work fine and may be causing the errors. I have read to that someone has left 5 and 6 in their original positions so I may have to try that but please let me know what you think)
- tapped 2 and 4 for ground I think and tapped 1 and 7 so 3 leds come on with halo's. (THis works fine)
- already coded out all bulb checks but still can't get ccid - 130 and 128 to go away, could be wiring.

- Should I add $524 or does this get left out? I just want to get the projectors to straighten out. The way it will get fixed is by activating what ever makes the projectors move from left to right.

- Lastly I don't care about ahl working just want error codes to go away and projectors to be straight.
- When I press the stalk forward the high beams don't come on but the blue high beam light does show. But when I pull it they do work and I can hear the shutter working. Please let me know if you would like to see my.man file or if you want any pics of videos.

Thanks in advance..
Use expertmode and code Lsmc and Rsmc to default and your projectors will be initialized and will work again properly
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
yEBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Use expertmode and code Lsmc and Rsmc to default and your projectors will be initialized and will work again properly
Thanks but how do I get those modules to show up? One of my adaptive modules is brand new and the other is used btw. I have never seen those modules. Will they not show up if they don't have the proper power? Or did I not flash the FRM2 correctly. I never wrote the vin with tool32 because I kept getting an error when I tried to write the vin with tool32. Thanks for your response.

Edit: So yesterday I added $524 to CAS VO and Lsmc and Rsmc showed up. I selected Lsmc and changed FA then went to change job to FA_Write and it wasn't there. Is this because it was a new module that has never been used? I have one new and one used ahl module. So what job do I chose SG_Codiern? I didn't want to mess anything else so I just canceled what I was doing until I figure it out.

Last edited by yEBMW; 04-05-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

You can't FA write those modules as they do not contain vehicle order. Just code them to default with expertmode
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
Cuticuti
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 355i sedan

Quote:
You can't FA write those modules as they do not contain vehicle order. Just code them to default with expertmode
Could you explain a little more about How to code them to default mode?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Ok, Few Gurus are already here. My debate is why would you require to change the VIN the FRM2.
AFAIK, all you need is the correct VO from your car to be saved in FRM2, and reset it with your VO and it works.
Can somebody explains me why do you guys change the VIN (my ignorance)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuticuti View Post
Could you explain a little more about How to code them to default mode?
If you have already saved $522 and $524 in to your VO and saved the final VO to FRM and CAS, then all you need to do is to reset Lsmc and Rsmc. And they should work.

Last edited by makkan00; 04-25-2013 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Ok, Few Gurus are already here. My debate is why would you require to change the VIN the FRM2.
AFAIK, all you need is the correct VO from your car to be saved in FRM2, and reset it with your VO and it works.
Can somebody explains me why do you guys change the VIN (my ignorance)?

If you have already saved $522 and $524 in to your VO and saved the final VO to FRM and CAS, then all you need to do is to reset Lsmc and Rsmc. And they should work.
Technically speaking to do it the 100% corrrect way is to vin code it. Thats the only reason as some people are anal like that.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Technically speaking to do it the 100% corrrect way is to vin code it. Thats the only reason as some people are anal like that.
I understand from where you are coming, but the end result is same. no point of wasting time on changing the VIN IMHO.
      04-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Cuticuti
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 355i sedan

If you have already saved $522 and $524 in to your VO and saved the final VO to FRM and CAS, then all you need to do is to reset Lsmc and Rsmc. And they should work.[/QUOTE]

In my case, I replaced the new Adaptive Headlight module (AHL?) on Driver Side which I bought from dealer. Since then, I have no AHL code, but the headlight moves opposite direction to the wheel when turn. I tried to recode the using the following steps without success.

So, reset the LSMC or RSMC = writing blank .MAN file ? If not , how do I reset those?

coding FRM module step by step:
A:
1.open NCS expert
2.File-Load profile
3.select EXPERMODE
4.press F1
5.press F3
6.select E89<for E90>
7.press BACK
8.press F3<CHOOSE ECU>
9.select NFRM
10.select FA_WRITE from CHANGE JOB
11.press F3<EXECUTE JOB>

B:
1.open NCS expert
2.File-Load profile
3.select EXPERMODE
4.press F1
5.press F3
6.select E89<for E90>
7.press BACK
8.press F3<CHOOSE ECU>
9.select NFRM
10.select SG_CODIEREN from CHANGE JOB
11.press F3<EXECUTE JOB>
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 02:51 AM   #14
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep

Looks fine, you should also reset LSCM and RSCM followinf the step B.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******84
Looks fine, you should also reset LSCM and RSCM followinf the step B.
Long time since I changed vin on frm. Is it possible to write the way how vin should be technically written into frm.
Thanks.
      04-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #16
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Long time since I changed vin on frm. Is it possible to write the way how vin should be technically written into frm.
Thanks.
Tools32 can do it
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.
Tools32 can do it

wvin and the argument would be the full Vin numbers of the car into your FRM module

Choose SGBD using either FRM_87 or FRM_70 depending on your FRM version

Frm1 you would use FRM_87
Frm2 and 3 you would use FRM_70
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #18
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.
WinKfp will not change your VIN in FRM.

Like cn555ic said you have to use Tool32
C_FG_SCHREIBEN job.

for FRM2 - FRM_87
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #19
b1nd
Rep
Drives: e90 2005 320i

Hello, it's my 1st post here !
At the beginning sorry for my english, it isn't great.
My car: e90 320i 2005 LCI halogen headlights and now frm2.
I'm digging out this topic because I have a problem after replaced FRMFA to FRM2.
I've succesfully changed VIN and I've coded a car with empty man file.
I haven't any error in car.
One thing isn't working - manually headlight adjustment. Even after an engine start, my headlights don't leveling up and down. Level adjusteter next to light switcher doesn't work.
I can't find out what I have missed...
Any ideas ?
And btw - I wrote this wthout any translator help, how many mistakes I have done?

Last edited by b1nd; 07-07-2018 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #20
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1nd View Post
Hello, it's my 1st post here !
At the beginning sorry for my english, it isn't great.
My car: e90 320i 2005 LCI halogen headlights and now frm2.
I'm digging out this topic because I have a problem after replaced FRMFA to FRM2.
I've succesfully changed VIN and I've coded a car with empty man file.
I haven't any error in car.
One thing isn't working - manually headlight adjustment. Even after an engine start, my headlights don't leveling up and down. Level adjusteter next to light switcher doesn't work.
I can't find out what I have missed...
Any ideas ?
And btw - I wrote this wthout any translator help, how many mistakes I have done?
Coding with a blank man file is not correct.

You should 'default' code the NFRM with an expert mode profile in NCS Expert (NO manipulation).

Try that.

If still not working I'd check your new NFRM (FRM2) is suitable for your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #21
b1nd
Rep
Drives: e90 2005 320i

Ok I will try tomorrow.
Until now I have thought coding with empty man file is suitable for your FA of your car.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0