E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)

08-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #23
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Lise was a little intimidated. I can understand. The way it is set up, it just seems way too busy and less polished than ICAR. But we both know that Carl runs the better operation and all things considered, ASE is the way to go. Even though, Lise did have the courage to go buy a helmet the next day and Carl helped her out. I also got new rubber as well. Third set this season ... Ugh.

I'll rent Sanair in September for Lise and we'll do a closed circuit session. She said she'd like that better. Happy wife, happy life, si?

On a BMW note:

BMW West Island opens up a fitness center. Not sure how that works, but that's what a cryptic email to their customer says. Perhaps you work out pushing cars around. You get a work out and BMW gets cheap labour.

lol bmw opens up a fitness center??? what the?

oh and if you do end up renting sanair in sept, any chance that i (and maybe others on this forum?) can share some of the costs with you and take my car there as well?

btw, good on Lise that she's brave enough to get onto the track. i havent convinced Leen to do the same yet. i am sure she will soon enough. just need to let her drive a car that she is familiar with.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #24
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

on a different note... i said BYE BYE to my car today. and her new owner is enjoying her right now. i hope he has as much good luck with her as i have had.

she's been good to me both on the street and the track. no problems at all. always runs like a charm even at the track. no over heating issues. no mechanical issues. handles likes a dream, esp with those KW V3s...

she's definitely the first car that i really loved.

here's a picture of her taken more than 3.5 years ago. on the delivery day at BMW Canbec.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #25
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Now dont go blaming your driving on placement of drains ...
I just find it unfair that the ONE freaking time I go wide there's zero runof despite them advertising tons of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
why are you looking for a set of enkeis??
it seems like they're a good choice. they are like 10lbs per corner lighter than stock, and prettier too.
      08-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #26
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I just find it unfair that the ONE freaking time I go wide there's zero runof despite them advertising tons of it

it seems like they're a good choice. they are like 10lbs per corner lighter than stock, and prettier too.

these are for the minis or for the R ? i am sure there are lots of other rims that are just as light. but good to see that the enkeis you are going for now actually look good.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #27
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
on a different note... i said BYE BYE to my car today. and her new owner is enjoying her right now. i hope he has as much good luck with her as i have had.

she's been good to me both on the street and the track. no problems at all. always runs like a charm even at the track. no over heating issues. no mechanical issues. handles likes a dream, esp with those KW V3s...

here's a picture of her taken more than 3.5 years ago. on the delivery day at BMW Canbec.

+1 - I delivered my 335 the other day and it felt really weird watching someone else drive it. and then plate it with strange plates. definitely an unsettling experience.

on to the green frog, then
      08-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #28
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
these are for the minis or for the R ? i am sure there are lots of other rims that are just as light. but good to see that the enkeis you are going for now actually look good.
SUCK. IT.

But yeah for the R. Mini already has Superleggeras. The Enkeis are relatively cheap - I am not spending $500 per wheel for Alleggeritas!
      08-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #29
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
lol bmw opens up a fitness center??? what the?

oh and if you do end up renting sanair in sept, any chance that i (and maybe others on this forum?) can share some of the costs with you and take my car there as well?

btw, good on Lise that she's brave enough to get onto the track. i havent convinced Leen to do the same yet. i am sure she will soon enough. just need to let her drive a car that she is familiar with.
Yeah, fitness centre. Go figure. Just picture ... jogging around the car bays. Aerobics to the beats of pneumatic tools. Yoga by the finance department and weights in the parts department ... I can see it now

Lise should have more fun this way. Closed track and less pressure. We may even have an instructor or two there with us ...

I'm aiming for this Tuesday at Sanair, so I'll give you shout on Monday to confirm.
      08-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #30
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, fitness centre. Go figure. Just picture ... jogging around the car bays. Aerobics to the beats of pneumatic tools. Yoga by the finance department and weights in the parts department ... I can see it now

Lise should have more fun this way. Closed track and less pressure. We may even have an instructor or two there with us ...

I'm aiming for this Tuesday at Sanair, so I'll give you shout on Monday to confirm.
woah... ok the coming tuesday is a little too soon for me for sanair. i thought you said september. haha... i dont have the other car yet. wont be getting it for another 10 days or so.

so if you end up booking sanair for septemer, i am definitely in...

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #31
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:

You know I'm just poking fun. Shit happens as they say. I saw a few videos of the new layout. Looks much faster. I'll miss the Ses that they pulled out.

Quote:
+1 - I delivered my 335 the other day and it felt really weird watching someone else drive it. and then plate it with strange plates. definitely an unsettling experience.

on to the green frog, then
I gleefully said adios to mine. Could wait to unload it, although I would have preferred keeping the KWv3s.

The guy I bought the M3 also had a rough time saying good bye. Instead of signing over his regi and bidding me shalom, he asked to come to the motor vehicle dept with me when I picked up my temp sticker. He almost had tears in his eyes. He even went over to the car and hopped into the car one last time (I had the keys ...). Odd fellow.

How you enjoying the R? Broken in yet?
      08-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #32
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
woah... ok the coming tuesday is a little too soon for me for sanair. i thought you said september. haha... i dont have the other car yet. wont be getting it for another 10 days or so.

so if you end up booking sanair for septemer, i am definitely in...
Yes, September too. I'm heading there on Tuesday if the track is available. I want to get a little car control/drifting in and tune my front camber a wee.

No worries. I'll ping you in Sept.
      08-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
You know I'm just poking fun. Shit happens as they say. I saw a few videos of the new layout. Looks much faster. I'll miss the Ses that they pulled out.

I gleefully said adios to mine. Could wait to unload it, although I would have preferred keeping the KWv3s.

The guy I bought the M3 also had a rough time saying good bye. Instead of signing over his regi and bidding me shalom, he asked to come to the motor vehicle dept with me when I picked up my temp sticker. He almost had tears in his eyes. He even went over to the car and hopped into the car one last time (I had the keys ...). Odd fellow.

How you enjoying the R? Broken in yet?
lolollol I know. I'm poking fun at you. As they say in one language ... bad votes always blame the size of their balls

R is broken in. Mods started. APR is on. Turbo lag though ... quite a bit more pronounced than the 335. have to learn how to keep the boost up!
      08-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #34
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

So it's official, I am the only remaining original e9x owner sticking with it Arrrrgh!

Glen, since your break-in period is over, when will I get to give you a ride in it ?
      08-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
So it's official, I am the only remaining original e9x owner sticking with it Arrrrgh!

Glen, since your break-in period is over, when will I get to give you a ride in it ?
indeed you are! time to switch? haha.

drive - anytime! we just have to cross paths somewhere.
      08-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #36
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:

I remember that day when you went and picked it up. I guess I had my eyes on it from the beginning loll

Thanks bro, Im really enjoying it and I really hope I get lucky with it. But look at it this way, you can still see it whenever You want
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #37
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
I remember that day when you went and picked it up. I guess I had my eyes on it from the beginning loll

Thanks bro, Im really enjoying it and I really hope I get lucky with it. But look at it this way, you can still see it whenever You want
Congratulations on your new ride... Now go and get some proper track instruction.

PS: No 20s !!!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #38
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
lolollol I know. I'm poking fun at you. As they say in one language ... bad votes always blame the size of their balls

R is broken in. Mods started. APR is on. Turbo lag though ... quite a bit more pronounced than the 335. have to learn how to keep the boost up!
Sweet. How much more juice does she produce?
      08-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #39
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:

Congrats on the new ride - just to let you know we will all strangle you if you out 20s on it. You've been warned.

Quote:
Sweet. How much more juice does she produce?
With no supporting mods I'm at 300 +/- about 2hp based on their people's dynos. The intake will add another 7% and the eventual upgraded HPFP and downpipe should be another 30-40, so with luck once I'm done with everything I'll have about 90hp above stock. Not bad for a little car.
      08-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #40
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:

APR tune doesnt require any supporting bolt on mods? how much power/torque does it make now?

edit: nvm, just saw that you just answered joel.... does the APR work like COBB where you can flash it back to stock whenever you want ? you didnt have to send your ecu to them did you ?

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #41
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Congratulations on your new ride... Now go and get some proper track instruction.

PS: No 20s !!!
yes hopefully we can expect another e90poster at the track now.... you should try your best to squeeze in at least 1 track event before the end of the driving season. you have all the ride mods, tires, brakes, wheels, etc... just need to drive it!

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #42
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
APR tune doesnt require any supporting bolt on mods? how much power/torque does it make now?

edit: nvm, just saw that you just answered joel.... does the APR work like COBB where you can flash it back to stock whenever you want ? you didnt have to send your ecu to them did you ?
Damn and I was just about to post "here we go with your reading skillz again" but you edited the post APR has several stages - the base one just bumps up the power curve; stg1+ bumps it up more; and stg2 widens the power band. They also have a stg4 which is something like 500hp, But I think that's a bit insane.

Also, with the GTI you need to remove the ECU to flash.... But with this one, it's an OBD-II flash. Quite awesome. But no hand held tool so I'll have to go back to the shop to reflash... at least Avo is a cool dude to chat with.

Quote:
yes hopefully we can expect another e90poster at the track now.... you should try your best to squeeze in at least 1 track event before the end of the driving season. you have all the ride mods, tires, brakes, wheels, etc... just need to drive it!
I predict Fahad will drive it downtown and back
      08-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #43
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Damn and I was just about to post "here we go with your reading skillz again" but you edited the post APR has several stages - the base one just bumps up the power curve; stg1+ bumps it up more; and stg2 widens the power band. They also have a stg4 which is something like 500hp, But I think that's a bit insane.

Also, with the GTI you need to remove the ECU to flash.... But with this one, it's an OBD-II flash. Quite awesome. But no hand held tool so I'll have to go back to the shop to reflash... at least Avo is a cool dude to chat with.

oh i didnt know Toyz was the authorized dealer for APR... interesting. lol... i guess you got to see the other beasts at his shop. are you on stage 1 or stage 1+ right now.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #44
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:

500HP? Nuts. The engine wont support twice the power output without substantial engine mods (crank, heads, valves, cams). I'd love to see that.

But 40 HP/TQ over stock is nice.