E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Unknown Module on ISTA

06-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #1
Deltaboyclydesdale
Rep
Drives: E91 Msport Touring

Unknown Module on ISTA

Hi all.

I have two error modules on ISTA one is FLA and that's because I don't have a rearview mirror at the mo but the other is ISPB_0X55

Anyone know what this is or relates to?

I cant find any mention of it online.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaboyclydesdale View Post
... ISPB_0X55; Anyone know what this is or relates to?
I use INPA rather than ISTA for diagnostics, but the impression I have from ISTA screens posted by others is that when a Module appears in RED on an ISTA Screen, it means the program CANNOT communicate with that Module(?) If that is the case, I would FIRST check whatever fuse TIS shows for power supply to the MULF Module on YOUR model (you don't provide build date/model info, so I can't identify fuse or provide circuit.

If you use INPA, Functional Jobs > F2 Identification, to display a list of ALL the Modules in your Vehicle, you will see that "55 ISPB" (55 = ADR/ Address, and ISPB = "Rough Name) is the "MULF2-High" (Module Name) or "ULF2_HI" (SGBD or Variant of the Module). Generally, that module is related to the USB & Aux-In ports, Microphone, Bluetooth Antenna & Phone Connectivity, at least on my vehicle.

On my INPA setup, I have NOT found a "Communications" Variant listed in the Right-hand ListBox that I can click on directly to access the MULF Menu, but I CAN get to it going through the "Telephone" ListBox selection (which opens "TCU 1.5" Main Menu), and selecting "< F2 > MULF" at the "F3 INPA-Wechsel" function key menu. I suppose one could add a direct connection "Link" to the Right Listbox.

Once connected to the MULF Module in INPA, you can select F4 Fault Memory, and see Definition and Fault Details for whatever Fault Code is saved in Module Memory. You can also use PrtSc to create a ScreenPrint which you can then save as a jpg file using "Paint" or other photo editor, and attach that to your post here, so Forum members do NOT get eye & NECK strain trying to read your screen.

I have NOT seen any helpful discussion of any of this on the Forums, and I have NOT found any meaningful "Functional" discussion in either TIS or Bentley. Bentley (650-10) contains a cursory description of "Telematics"/ "BMW Assist" which basically sounds like a "Re-Tweet" of a BMW Ad, with NO technical information or Functional Description provided. That's about all that can be expected, at least in this country, where "Telecommunications" is concerned

ANYONE who can provide a link/ scan pdf, etc. of any helpful Info, Please DO.

ALSO, if ANYONE can provide his concept of WHAT "< F3 > INPA-Wechsel" is used for in general/ functional terms, PLEASE DO.

George
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #3
Deltaboyclydesdale
Rep

Thanks for the reply, Oh yes apols, 57 plate E93 335i

Also the only info I had seen on the net was one vague post about it being USB and AUX and that make sense because mine is not working.

I'll try fuse first.

A bigger issue for me is that my folding roof does nothing and shows no faults at all...

DB

Last edited by Deltaboyclydesdale; 06-05-2020 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: More info
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #4
Deltaboyclydesdale
Rep

Replaced a ton or empty slots where fuses were needed and bam USB and AUX came back to life however..... now the car cranks but won’t start, I suspect DME and CAS alignment is needed, however that option is missing from my version of INPA...
Appreciate 0