E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anyone know what's considered 'totaled' after an accident?

01-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
midwest king
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Thanks JTILAK07! I don't think it will be totaled either. I just wanted to see what others thought since I haven't heard back from the insurance adjuster yet. They seem to always take FOREVER! I just want my car back.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #24
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Yup after seeing the pics I'd say she'll live again!
When you said broken window(s) i envisioned completely spiderwebbed windshield and side window due to the frame yielding. 10K sounds like a reasonable estimate.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #25
midwest king
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah I know! I was hoping it would be totaled, so I can jump into a 335! But I guess I'll take my baby back! Haha
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #26
drewbk
Rep
Drives: e92

Definately a total lost
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #27
JTILAK07
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 CR.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbk View Post
Definately a total lost
definitely not a total loss.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #28
JTILAK07
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest king View Post
Thanks JTILAK07! I don't think it will be totaled either. I just wanted to see what others thought since I haven't heard back from the insurance adjuster yet. They seem to always take FOREVER! I just want my car back.

Get on their case. Call them first thing in the morning and find out the status of everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #29
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
i think GAP is when you total your car and still have balance with bank, GAP covers that balance. is that what you are asking ? buy car for 50k, crash it few month later, insurance gives you 45k, GAP pays remaining 5k
Correct. Was that the question? It seemed a bit random.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

it looks like a total loss.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Damn, that's one big airbag

On a more somber note, since the accident appears to have been the OP's fault, his own insurance company may be more hesitant to total the car that another insurance company and he has less leverage to pressure them to total the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
midwest king
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So, I finally heard back from the body shop. My car is not totaled. Luckily, no frame damage! But, repairs already totaling $13k+! And I won't have my ride for at least a month to a month and a half. *sigh and I've got to drive a damn Hyundai Sonota around. No disrespect to any Sonota owners. I just want my Bimmer back!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
JTILAK07
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
13K+....ouchhhh. well insurance is paying for that right.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #34
midwest king
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah I know right! But yes, insurance is paying for it. Glad the accident was not my fault.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #35
JTILAK07
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
damn. insurance paid more then i expected for this job haha. well hope everything gets put back together properly and you get your car back soon!! But hey man enjoy the gas saving sonata while you have it haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #36
HellaCockter
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i BMW

I'm TORN between buying a new used 06' 330i or fixing my old 1 that's been in a wreck

I was considering taking my car to the citys largest Auto Body collision repair shop being Maaco. There was a mechanic there that offered to look at my pictures and give me a rough estimate which was between $2,500 and $3,500 for the pictures I will post. I just really I love the color of my car I think it needs new shocks so it's it's kind of love gives it a nice stance even though I hit and bottom out sometimes driving on the highway where it dips. But on top of the body work that it needs it has three windows that don't roll up or down which I had two of them on the driver side that we're just stuck up and I was fine with using the sunroof and passenger side window. Besides the Bodywork and the windows one of the rims and tires will need to be replaced and the airbag was deployed. I was ready to pay $200 to tow it to the city before I even begin the overall cost of repair before I ran into the fact that it costs about $1,000 to replace the airbag module.

My issue is I can find a car basically like it and black I even found a 335i with the wheels that I want and tinted windows FOR 4K but I'm not interested in the turbos and I drive because I can't really afford the gas and maintenance and repairs for all that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:53 AM   #37
CDirks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellaCockter View Post
My issue is I can find a car basically like it and black I even found a 335i with the wheels that I want and tinted windows FOR 4K but I'm not interested in the turbos and I drive because I can't really afford the gas and maintenance and repairs for all that.
That thing got crunched pretty good. I wouldn't bother trying to repair it given it's pictured state. Grab another 330 or even an LCI if you're worried about N54 maintenance, but the only thing left to do with that 330i is to take trim/bling that you want out of it before it gets crushed
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #38
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Did you really just bump an 8-year-old thread to type a run-on sentence that makes no sense? I seriously don't get why you wouldn't look at the date on this, plus your post has nothing to do with the original post.

Seriously... an old 328 is worth about nothing now... that damage is going to cost way more than the car is worth, it would be seriously pointless to spend any money on fixing that. Move on
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 01:38 PM   #39
HellaCockter
Rep

Thumbs up Thanks for the reply amigo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirks View Post
That thing got crunched pretty good. I wouldn't bother trying to repair it given it's pictured state. Grab another 330 or even an LCI if you're worried about N54 maintenance, but the only thing left to do with that 330i is to take trim/bling that you want out of it before it gets crushed
And that's exactly what I did I bought another 06 330i with 30,000 less miles and better suspension but it has a headlight issue which it's front left light is flickering. But just like you said I took the back of the center console off and put it on my new car because it looked a hell of a lot better and but it didn't have a interior convenience access antenna 6922 211 Siemens vdo which is supposed to have something to do with keyless entry but my fob locks and unlocks the car normally anyways so I don't get it the new car I got simply didn't have the piece in the back of the center console so of course it didn't have the wire either that my old crunch car how to wire running to that additional antenna module. So I'm still trying to find out what in the heck it's for and what its functionality is!! Thanks for the advice and help I really appreciate it!!! a guy that says he'll pay between 6 and $800 if in fact I don't start stripping Parts off of it. But I only have one headlight that I could use to fix the problem on my new car if that is what it is!! Fingers crossed, replacing the headlights of something I could do and probably would be cheaper than replacing a ballast for the light but I do have an extra one of those I can use from my old car..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 01:50 PM   #40
HellaCockter
Rep

Reviving ancient post this is a great site to obtain information you can't find anywh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
Did you really just bump an 8-year-old thread to type a run-on sentence that makes no sense? I seriously don't get why you wouldn't look at the date on this, plus your post has nothing to do with the original post.

Seriously... an old 328 is worth about nothing now... that damage is going to cost way more than the car is worth, it would be seriously pointless to spend any money on fixing that. Move on

😄 sorry I'm new to this website and the thread applied to my question which in fact I did get a response from. Besides that it's not a 328 it's at 330i and ran perfectly I just put a $1,500 tune up in it and replaced the brakes and rotors I loved the color on it in the summertime it's stayed cool unlike the new one I got that's black is pretty hot naturally because black absorbs heat compared to a blue silverish sparkly paint job.. I got a quote that seemed like it would have cost a few Morse thousand to fix it then to just buy a different ones so that's exactly what I did thanks for your reply you were right. And now I have a whole car of extra parts! Except I still have to pay for a non-operational registration fee on it asap..
Besides all that I didn't think it would be much to fix the hood put a used cheap eBay bumper on it two doors and fix the rear fender and replace a wheel but they were saying that it could have seriously expensive suspension component damage so that basically was the deal-breaker. Thanks again for the advice
Attached Images

Appreciate 0