E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > blueh88 Build Thread!

06-26-2019, 04:16 AM   #111
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans_e91 View Post
Just came across your build thread. Sounds like you've turned that thing into a bit of a weapon! I like it! I was thinking of the Quaife LSD for my Z4 - by the sounds of things it's made some massive differences for you, so would you say it's definitely worth the investment?
HUGE difference mate. It does depend entirely on how you drive too though. If you are going to track it, or at least like me, be going out to find some good driving roads for a spirited blast, then yes it is definitely worth it. The added predictability and grip is just addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans_e91 View Post
And that gloss anthracite trim looks epic. Good choice!
Cheers man! Something a little different and I really couldn't be bothered going pursuing the wrapping route again!
I have got my eye open for the genuine M3 CF leather trim...not the highest on my priority list at the moment though!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #112
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

So yeah, got the car back last weekend after having a hybrid turbo, Wagner FMIC, Ecotune sports downpipe and then finally having a custom Ecotune calibration. The power/torque is now about 350bhp/745Nm.

I don't really get caught up on figures though, it is the way it drives that really tells the story. The most obvious thing is the acceleration is much quicker than before. Most notably at higher speeds. It was quick before, but now it is properly fast. The best thing is that it is still feels quite linear in terms of delivery. Okay, peak torque is at 3k rpm but there is a nice build up until then and the drop off doesn't feel too severe after that too. Peak power isn't reached until just under 4k rpm which is great (in diesel terms of course).

I'll try and get some vids/figures where time/space permits of acceleration times.

Definitely more than happy with the results and given me enough to want to keep the car for a good amount of time before boredom sets in again!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #113
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

[QUOTE=blueh88;24980915]So yeah, got the car back last weekend after having a hybrid turbo, Wagner FMIC, Ecotune sports downpipe and then finally having a custom Ecotune calibration. The power/torque is now about 350bhp/745Nm.

I don't really get caught up on figures though, it is the way it drives that really tells the story. The most obvious thing is the acceleration is much quicker than before. Most notably at higher speeds. It was quick before, but now it is properly fast. The best thing is that it is still feels quite linear in terms of delivery. Okay, peak torque is at 3k rpm but there is a nice build up until then and the drop off doesn't feel too severe after that too. Peak power isn't reached until just under 4k rpm which is great (in diesel terms of course).

I'll try and get some vids/figures where time/space permits of acceleration times.

Definitely more than happy with the results and given me enough to want to keep the car for a good amount of time before boredom sets in again!!![/QU i thought about an n57 330d,,but the 335d had too much to offer and the prices are not much different,,,with hybrid turbo,s and an r90 fuel pump etc id get int he region of 380-390 bhp,,but the 350 i have now is way plenty,,and with having 2 turbo,s lag is not existent..good luck withthe car
Appreciate 1
blueh8869.00
      07-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #114
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
So yeah, got the car back last weekend after having a hybrid turbo, Wagner FMIC, Ecotune sports downpipe and then finally having a custom Ecotune calibration. The power/torque is now about 350bhp/745Nm.

Definitely more than happy with the results and given me enough to want to keep the car for a good amount of time before boredom sets in again!!!
Yes the videos! It's a must and would be awesome if you could setup some external mics or place the camera somewhere that you can hear it better.. I've had a few comments about the sound of mine and it only has a remap lol and if you get bored speak to that "BMW Power" chap on YouTube who's based in London, he went full on and got 457hp out of his.. quite a few modifications but what a beast!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #115
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Yes the videos! It's a must and would be awesome if you could setup some external mics or place the camera somewhere that you can hear it better.. I've had a few comments about the sound of mine and it only has a remap lol and if you get bored speak to that "BMW Power" chap on YouTube who's based in London, he went full on and got 457hp out of his.. quite a few modifications but what a beast!
I'll see what I can do! Trying to figure out a good way to mount my phone (as I don't want to go out and buy specific action cams) securely in various locations.
Yeah sound wise, it does sound fairly decent for a diesel but let's be honest, it isn't anything special haha.

Oh yeah that is mental that car! I doubt I would want to go that far though...I bet drive-ability isn't all that great under normal speeds!! Na, I think once I am bored of this (might take a couple of years), I'd want a "proper" sports car. Something M from BMW or RS from Audi (boo lol).
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #116
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Okay so as I have briefly mentioned in other threads, the car is getting treated to some new headlights. The lads over at KYCS are going to work their magic and upgrade the lights with one of their custom designs and also upgrading the FRM module so that I can have proper DRLs, lights switching on when unlocking etc.
Will get the car back in a week or so!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 06:46 PM   #117
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Okay so as I have briefly mentioned in other threads, the car is getting treated to some new headlights. The lads over at KYCS are going to work their magic and upgrade the lights with one of their custom designs and also upgrading the FRM module so that I can have proper DRLs, lights switching on when unlocking etc.
Will get the car back in a week or so!
They’ll look superb once done. I replaced my FRM with an FRM3 to achieve exactly that too with the DRL’s etc. Such a superb mod. Should definitely get it back the following Saturday.
      07-06-2019, 02:22 AM   #118
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

some of the things they do like "demon eyes" are illegal to run on the street though aren't they?or have i got the wrong company ?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 06:15 AM   #119
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
some of the things they do like "demon eyes" are illegal to run on the street though aren't they?or have i got the wrong company ?
I'm not quite sure about the full legalities to be honest...I've opted for blue demons on the outer projector which are blue with the DRLs on, but then when main beams come on the blue is practically invisible.

Raj, you have got red demons haven't you? Have you ever been pulled for them??
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #120
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yup same company that do the demon eyes too. Yes they are illegal for normal use but then you can have them on a separate switch.
      07-06-2019, 06:15 PM   #121
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm not quite sure about the full legalities to be honest...I've opted for blue demons on the outer projector which are blue with the DRLs on, but then when main beams come on the blue is practically invisible.

As you say when main beam is on they are pretty much outshone but mine are on a separate switch so I only put them on for show use persay. Or if just parked up etc. They do come on when unlocking/locking too with the AE’s which is a nice touch I like.
      07-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #122
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Quote:

As you say when main beam is on they are pretty much outshone but mine are on a separate switch so I only put them on for show use persay. Or if just parked up etc. They do come on when unlocking/locking too with the AE’s which is a nice touch I like.
Okay cool fair enough. I think that's how I should use them then.
Should look good!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #123
Darth Niloc
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d SE Auto

Awesome build blue, seeing what you have done has given me several ideas for my own build. Those figures are very impressive (torque figure is out of this world!) and even more so given all the other upgrades. I can only imagine how quick it can shift

Looking forward to seeing the new headlights in action and keep up the great work!

Thanks,
Darth Niloc
Appreciate 1
blueh8869.00
      07-08-2019, 05:40 AM   #124
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Niloc View Post
Awesome build blue, seeing what you have done has given me several ideas for my own build. Those figures are very impressive (torque figure is out of this world!) and even more so given all the other upgrades. I can only imagine how quick it can shift

Looking forward to seeing the new headlights in action and keep up the great work!

Thanks,
Darth Niloc
Thanks Darth. Yep indeed it does shift!

Yep, patiently waiting for them to be done!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 02:46 AM   #125
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Also, just realised some of my pics in my thread, the quality isn't great! They are being uploaded through the app so they must be downsizing them there! Annoying.
Edit: sorted, it was just set to upload at a low res.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 03:25 AM   #126
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

New headlights finally completed! I've decided to have the coloured part on for pics, just nervous I'd get pulled ha. So most of the time they're off. The angel eyes change to amber with indicators/hazards too which is a nice touch. 
One issue I've got is the angel eye bulb cover at the back, they were discovered to be cut to make an aftermarket bulb fit! So not a water tight seal. I've tried to source new caps but BMW don't produce them anymore and there isn't even a part number for them on realoem. So looking at some form of repair on them. Not sure what exactly yet though!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-24-2019, 12:58 AM   #127
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Excellent. Glad they finally done. That first pic is basically how mine look. J only have the red demons but dual colour AE’s so turn amber with the indicator (love that about them).

So are yours active off a switch?
      07-24-2019, 03:49 AM   #128
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Excellent. Glad they finally done. That first pic is basically how mine look. J only have the red demons but dual colour AE’s so turn amber with the indicator (love that about them).

So are yours active off a switch?
Yeah really happy with them. Yeah loving the indicators, makes a big difference!

Yeah, there is a switch in the headlight but they're bluetooth controlled, so an app on my phone which is a nice feature and can change colours etc. through there too.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 07:23 AM   #129
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

maybe be some silicone sealant ,,dont know what the back of lights
look like but the sealant is easily moulded to any shape really while its soft
Appreciate 1
blueh8869.00
      07-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #130
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
maybe be some silicone sealant ,,dont know what the back of lights
look like but the sealant is easily moulded to any shape really while its soft
Yeah was thinking silicone or the butyl tape which is used on the door vapour seals. that's nice and easy to work with.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #131
dragerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

Lights look great mate, what sort of lights were they before the mod? Also I would look on ebay for the rear bulb covers. Sure there will be plenty for sale.

Also price of the work?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #132
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragerboy View Post
Lights look great mate, what sort of lights were they before the mod? Also I would look on ebay for the rear bulb covers. Sure there will be plenty for sale.

Also price of the work?
Cheers man. I had OEM xenons previously. Which were fine tbh, but just wanted a bit more of a stand out look. Completely not needed lol just something I've always wanted. Oh I've searched high and low but there aren't any anywhere!

Price was around the 560ish mark for the conversion, but that included the bluetooth controlled demon eyes on the outer projectors and also the inner halogen high beams converted to some super bright LED units which are absolutely amazing by the way!!
I think prices can start as low as around 300 for a basic "OEM plus look" conversion.
Oh I also had some brand new genuine lenses from bmw and installed at the same time for 220.

So all in all, nearly 800 quid. Yikes lol. Tbh though, worth it I think for a proper job and not some cheapo lights.
Appreciate 1