E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 continued engine issues need help!

05-12-2021, 07:56 AM   #23
stewbets
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi, '04 545i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb21 View Post
Sounds good, I will track down and order a HPFP as soon as I can, Ive noticed the hpfps are different than injectors in the sense that there are many aftermarket options for high pressure fuel pumps, do I have to get the oem bmw fcp euro part for 800ish dollars or is there hope with the cheaper aftermarket alternatives?. Also I noticed you have some 16T turbos, Have they been good? I plan on adjusting my actuator arms but Im starting to look into new turbos and the ebay options are pretty appealing.
One thing you have to know about me is that, when it comes to cheap parts, I'm a glutton for punishment. The HPFP is one of the few parts I have yet to replace on my car, but given the massive price difference between OEM and aftermarket, I think I'll have to try an aftermarket one when the time comes. Obviously a big part of it is who's doing the work. If that's you, then you're not out much more than your time. But if you're paying someone to install this stuff, trying aftermarket could really burn you. My 16T turbos have been great so far. It's still early though as I've only put about 1,000 miles on them, but since installing them I've replaced the clutch and also had to tune out misfire detection above 6000 RPM because of the power bump. Long-term reliability is still unknown, but they deliver the power just fine.