E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel COURAGE (Voyage EB742-COG), departed 15-Oct-2007

11-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #265
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshsia View Post
no front license plate, I LOVE IT

sigh, living in NY.....
I live in Ny and i have never had a license plate on my car.....In the past 10 years ive gotten maybe 2 tickets. I ordered my 335xi sedan with no license plate and told them if they put one on they will pay to repain my bumber....if you live in ny try and notice how many cars DONT have front plates...its at least 10 percent of cars...lata

Manny
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #266
HonkeyDorey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008

Garage List
2006 g35 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supramano View Post
I live in Ny and i have never had a license plate on my car.....In the past 10 years ive gotten maybe 2 tickets. I ordered my 335xi sedan with no license plate and told them if they put one on they will pay to repain my bumber....if you live in ny try and notice how many cars DONT have front plates...its at least 10 percent of cars...lata

Manny
its a law... are u too cool to have a licence plate on the front of your car??

why don't u ask for them not to install your seatbelts... thats a law too...

ohhh!!! tell them to leave off your break lights!!! how cool would that be?!?!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #267
cshsia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMV8, Ford Fiesta SE

I'm taking the car up to CT with my digital SLR this weekend, too bad it keeps raining... sigh.

This slow moving front in the Northeast is really frustrating.

App Developer working full time from home. Next car related app coming July 2013.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #268
cshsia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonkeyDorey View Post
its a law... are u too cool to have a licence plate on the front of your car??

why don't u ask for them not to install your seatbelts... thats a law too...

ohhh!!! tell them to leave off your break lights!!! how cool would that be?!?!
well, to each their own I guess. I'm just going to do all I can to avoid talking to officers.

App Developer working full time from home. Next car related app coming July 2013.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #269
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ha...someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...why dont you do a poll and see how many people on this site have a front plate. Sorry but id rather not have $400 worth of damage to the front of my car. And license plate has nothing to do with safety like seatbelts...licentplates are for the police to aim at on the freeway to check your speed. Its a bullshit law.

lata, manny
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #270
HonkeyDorey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008

Garage List
2006 g35 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Ha...someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...why dont you do a poll and see how many people on this site have a front plate. Sorry but id rather not have $400 worth of damage to the front of my car. And license plate has nothing to do with safety like seatbelts...licentplates are for the police to aim at on the freeway to check your speed. Its a bullshit law.

lata, manny
$400 worth of damage?? if u take it off... but who is going to put it on and then take it off??

how about people who get spoilers put on?? is that $400 worth of damage?? haha
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #271
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonkeyDorey View Post
$400 worth of damage?? if u take it off... but who is going to put it on and then take it off??

how about people who get spoilers put on?? is that $400 worth of damage?? haha
Some people like to take off their plates when showing off their car at auto shows...so yeah many people do take them off....spoilers are glued on which can be removed without damaging the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #272
cshsia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Some people like to take off their plates when showing off their car at auto shows...so yeah many people do take them off....spoilers are glued on which can be removed without damaging the trunk.
yep, aerodynamics from 3m tape, lol.

BMW 3 series accessories are all for looks.

$400+ for a piece of primered spoiler, ready for paint and tape. anyone going for that?

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #273
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yep, aerodynamics from 3m tape, lol.

BMW 3 series accessories are all for looks.

$400+ for a piece of primered spoiler, ready for paint and tape. anyone going for that?
Your right they are for looks...then again all spoilers are for looks. I dont think going 100 mph is going to creat enough downforce from a spoiler to make any difference. So spoilers are for looks whether they are taped, glued, or bolted. And yeeah many people are going for that. I think the back of the sedan looks alot better with a spoiler than without. It looks like there is a missing piece. This is my opinion thouohg...everyone likes different things.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #274
cshsia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

i think its over the top for verts :P

that's just me though.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #275
riditec
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm taking the car up to CT with my digital SLR this weekend, too bad it keeps raining... sigh.

This slow moving front in the Northeast is really frustrating.
Hey what's up. Sorry I have been AWOL recently, came down with a cold...

Do you have any specific scenic destinations/drives in mind? I really need to get the car out of the city to break her in. I've spent so much time below 2500 rpm and 30 mph it's ridiculous...and I've only managed to put about 90 miles on since last weekend

Would love to see pics of your trip, let me know where to visit in CT!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #276
riditec
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Anyone on the east coast still waiting for their car?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #277
cgillio
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [0.00]
We should have a COURAGE meet some time and go for a nice drive. I already put on about 600 miles going up to Maine over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #278
cshsia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Tacked on anther 300 miles this past weekend driving up the Merrit to CT, stopped by Mohegan Sun to win gas money, then came back on the i95.

I'd love to do that drive, too bad there's likely no chance to open the top after today. Damn the weather today is perfect, too bad I gotta work.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #279
riditec
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
So, has everyone been enjoying their new rides for the past 3 weeks?

Anyone have any funny stories yet??
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #280
BMWGator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by riditec View Post
So, has everyone been enjoying their new rides for the past 3 weeks?

Anyone have any funny stories yet??
Love this car! Would be cool to hear from others on this thread.

The only bad thing (or some may see it as good) is that it's mainly my weekend car (have a Honda Civic beater car as my daily driver) and don't get to drive it too much. It does let me appreciate it more when I drive it, though. I get a good laugh when I'm driving my Civic compared to the 335...it's kinda like going from a golf-cart to a Formula 1 car...the difference is so extreme! lol

Strangers compliment the car all the time...it's almost like they feel compelled to say something. I remember one mildly funny incident in particular: was at a stop light with the top down...an elderly couple (probably in their mid-70s) was in their non-descript car next to me (on my left)...the husband was sitting in the passenger side and he looked over at me with a serious look and rolled his window down...I thought he was about to ask me for directions to somewhere, but instead he gives me a big thumbs up and says, ''Wow, I love that car you got!'' His wife started laughing and smiled over at me, shaking her head at her silly husband. I started laughing, too, and said, ''Thank you, sir!''
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #281
riditec
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Here's one thing that happened to me recently that stands out in my mind: Over Thanksgiving weekend, I drove to dinner w/ a few friends who got a chance to see the car for the first time. We got to talking about my purchase experience and I mentioned that I only got $500 off MSRP. They were surprised, and one of them said, "Man, $500 off, like, a $35k car is nothing!" I was like, hmm...interesting. He really thought that a fully loaded 335xi costs around $35k. Amazing.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #282
cshsia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I posted this at bimmerfest and thought I should share it here with my ship-mates:

The weather for Thanksgiving day in New York was amazing, hovered around the mid 60s at noon time. So I decided to drive top-down into the city to drop my girlfriend off at the train station. After entering the city and taking a left turn onto 5th Ave, I noticed a white E93 335i up ahead and pointed it out to my girl.

The car had heavy tinted windows, NASCAR plates (gasp.... on a bimmer), chrome wheels that were scratched up and dirty. Their top was up.

So as we drive through heavy NYC traffic post-parade, we drove around each other for a good 2-3 minutes. It's clear the driver's seen my car from EVERY angle. My badge says 328i, my tailpipes point out 328i, my wheels are all 328i. I love my car, no shame in that at all.

So finally at a red light he pulls up right next to me. The windows come down, and in it was a Chinese guy around 30, dyed hair, horrible accent. His female companion looked bored and disinterested, with a smirk on her face. The following exchange took place:

Him: How much you pay for that.
Me: $740 per month, wasup.
Him: No no, I mean together, like total, how much?
Me: $48k or so, why?
Him: Oh...... is that for, the TWIN TURBOS??
Me: ........... dude, it's a 328i.
Him: *Smirks*
The light turns green, off we go.

Now I cannot believe someone went through all that trouble to make sure that I know he drives a superior vehicle. It was a complete waste of time, and only makes bimmer drivers look obnoxious. Someone's been reading too many Kill Stories, and has no clue how to do it right......

*footnote: I'm Chinese too, I pointed out the fact that he was Chinese not to be racist, but because I've never seen a Chinese guy with NASCAR plates.

Appreciate 0