E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit

01-15-2020, 06:29 PM   #1277
Mjl3082
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Sardells View Post
well in case anyone needs some 313's 19", I have 3 of them sitting around.
how much??
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:35 PM   #1278
Mjl3082
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

so i just bought mine a week ago and i love it
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #1279
dn53
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Does anybody know how many special editions have been produced? I've seen one other one in my area (Vancouver) and it had me thinking.

I've owned the car for about a year with 101k on it. The white leather on the driver seat is showing wear, and the paint has a few dings. I'm an ex bmw tech and it had a ton of issues I was able to sort out in the first few months. It's been an enjoyable experience so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #1280
RB
Been around for a while
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i; xDrive SE; Jerez

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I have the Jerez Black SE with Exec Package and 6MT. Bought it new in late 2011 and it's been my year-round daily driver since then. I love the car and look forward to driving it every day. I still have all four 19" 313M wheels for summer driving.

The car has ~256,000 kms. It's been very reliable and has had no serious problems other than common items.
- replaced oil level sensor (This was a factory defect and was repaired under warranty)
- replaced oil filter housing gaskets (All N55s need this done eventually)
- replaced valve cover and gasket (All N55s need this done eventually)
- replaced 2 water pumps & thermostats (I think the second failure caused by the oil filter housing gaskets that leaked oil into the coolant)
- replaced bushings, bearings, tie rods, ball joints, control arms & end links (not all at once but eventually you end up doing all of them)
- replaced DMTL pump and soldered frayed wiring harness (the frayed harness is a design flaw)
- replaced windshield washer fluid pump (I chalk this one up to using the wrong kind of washer fluid which gummed up the pump inlet causing the pump to fail)
- replaced coolant expansion tank (It's common them to leak along the bonded seam)
- replaced both rear brake calipers (Both eventually seized)
- replaced battery
- replaced front cornering lights (easy fix using $5 bulbs from Canadian Tire)
- repaired rear brake light harness (This was a factory defect and was done under warranty)
- replaced exhaust flange/clamps (The factory clamp that connect the PE silencers to the pipes rotted away)

Other than those things, it's been an amazing car to own and drive.

Last edited by RB; 06-23-2020 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #1281
RB
Been around for a while
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn53 View Post
Does anybody know how many special editions have been produced? I've seen one other one in my area (Vancouver) and it had me thinking.

I've owned the car for about a year with 101k on it. The white leather on the driver seat is showing wear, and the paint has a few dings. I'm an ex bmw tech and it had a ton of issues I was able to sort out in the first few months. It's been an enjoyable experience so far.
I believe there were around 250 SEs build for the Canadian market. They were available as 6MT or AT in Jerez Black with Black Dakota leather or in Ruby Black with Oyster Dakota leather both with Carbon Leather + Piano Black trim.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #1282
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
I have the Jerez Black SE with Exec Package and 6MT. Bought it new in late 2011 and it's been my year-round daily driver since then. I love the car and look forward to driving it every day. I still have all four 19" 313M wheels for summer driving.

The car has ~256,000 kms. It's been very reliable and has had no serious problems other than common items.
- replaced oil level sensor (This was a factory defect and was repaired under warranty)
- replaced oil filter housing gaskets (All N55s need this done eventually)
- replaced valve cover and gasket (All N55s need this done eventually)
- replaced 2 water pumps & thermostats (I think the second failure caused by the oil filter housing gaskets that leaked oil into the coolant)
- replaced bushings, bearings, tie rods, ball joints, control arms & end links (not all at once but eventually you end up doing all of them)
- replaced DMTL pump and soldered frayed wiring harness (the frayed harness is a design flaw)
- replaced windshield washer fluid pump (I chalk this one up to using the wrong kind of washer fluid which gummed up the pump inlet causing the pump to fail)
- replaced coolant expansion tank (It's common them to leak along the bonded seam)
- replaced both rear brake calipers (Both eventually seized)
- replaced battery
- replaced front cornering lights (easy fix using $5 bulbs from Canadian Tire)
- repaired rear brake light harness (This was a factory defect and was done under warranty)
- replaced exhaust flange/clamps (The factory clamp that connect the PE silencers to the pipes rotted away)

Other than those things, it's been an amazing car to own and drive.
That's not a small list. I'm looking at one now with 130k and that just gave me cold feet.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 06:37 AM   #1283
RB
Been around for a while
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
That's not a small list. I'm looking at one now with 130k and that just gave me cold feet.
Don't be discouraged. There's nothing in that list that's unique to the SE. These are the kinds of things you will encounter with any E90. If the car you're looking at has been well maintained and cared for you will be fine.
Appreciate 1
m34m697.00
      07-05-2021, 12:09 PM   #1284
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Have not been around this forum in a while. Recently replaced my '11 SE with a new '20 M240i, which I am enjoying very much. Had 9 great years with the 335, though I don't drive a lot so it only had about 70k on it.

Still, that list is very close to what I experienced, so I think many of those items (bushings, wiring harnesses, gaskets) probably degrade based on age as much as mileage. I only replaced the water pump once, my battery was still original, and it was just needing its first brake job when I got rid of it. Having had a three year extended warranty after the original 4 years, pretty much all of my repairs were done on that basis.

If I were looking to keep an older car on the road I don't think that list would scare me too much, none of it is major mechanical stuff, and the water pump is the only relatively expensive thing. I probably could have budgeted a couple $K a year for maintenance and kept my old car quite a bit longer, but I simply wanted something new.

Good luck if you decide to give it a try.
Appreciate 0