E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What they doin' - Hatin' on us. But they never cross - e92 Build

02-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #67
hickoryE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiorgioIr View Post
Tooltastic response stop crying.
Everyone has a taste, If you disprove with someone's taste doesen't mean you should flame them and cry. I personally wouldn't do it but I think it looks hella clean.

OP, Sick car bro, keep it up, loving the stance of your car. Would look amazing with M3 side skirts.
Not crying... just hate to see a car like this ruined by someone's "hella" awful taste. If this stance thing is your scene, cool... but why not do it on a VW or car like that. Why would you spend lots of money on a car that handles well to take that away.

It's like paying for a really expensive HD tv set that has hdmi capabilities only to use standard def with it... why not just save money on the tv in the first place and get a tv with only standard def. This analogy is almost obsolete as almost any tv out now is HD, but I think you get my point.

I applaud creativity and originality... I'm just not a huge fan of stupidity
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #68
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryE92 View Post
Not crying... just hate to see a car like this ruined by someone's "hella" awful taste.

See this is why your "opinion" is wrong. Not everyone has your taste. This car isnt "ruined" as you say, just because it wasn't built to be a racecar. Second, this car is nowhere near "hellaflush".

As far as choosing a BMW over a VW, Thats an ever worse statement. My personal opinion is that BMWs are much better than Vws, So why not start your build on a better platform. Its a similar argument when people build race cars out of an M3 and do motor swaps. Everyone says they are ruining the car when really they are just using the upgraded chassis since it is a better platform to build off of.

Bottom line, If you dont like it, sucks to be you. Go find a different thread and compliment them, why waste your time bashing people.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #69
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Such an aggressive wheel/tire fitment, awesome build man.
The tires do not fit correctly. Stretch may look cool to some but its an incorrect fitment that will not handle well. Interesting ride though.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #70
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
The tires do not fit correctly. Stretch may look cool to some but its an incorrect fitment that will not handle well. Interesting ride though.
Agreed, though I think OP has understood this from the beginning...He isn't trying to build a time attack car. It's not what i'd do with my vehicle, but I can appreciate what he's doing none the less.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #71
hickoryE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post
See this is why your "opinion" is wrong. Not everyone has your taste. This car isnt "ruined" as you say, just because it wasn't built to be a racecar. Second, this car is nowhere near "hellaflush".

As far as choosing a BMW over a VW, Thats an ever worse statement. My personal opinion is that BMWs are much better than Vws, So why not start your build on a better platform. Its a similar argument when people build race cars out of an M3 and do motor swaps. Everyone says they are ruining the car when really they are just using the upgraded chassis since it is a better platform to build off of.

Bottom line, If you dont like it, sucks to be you. Go find a different thread and compliment them, why waste your time bashing people.
In the case of the M3 for a race car... the strong chassis is what they are utilizing. I don't know what part of the 335i the person is looking to utilize when slamming it and giving it so much camber to the point it is essentially not drivable.

And I find plenty of gorgeous cars and modifications on here to compliment when compliments are deserved; however, part of my participation on this forum is to steer people away from making poor decisions. If you disagree then you can make a counterpoint and let other members formulate their own opinion but there is no point in getting butt hurt every time someone shits on cars that are slammed.

In my opinion and the opinion of many others it is not only stupid, but also dangerous. Someone posted on here not too long ago the dangers involved with slamming cars really low and having extreme camber. At the end of the day you are free to make your own decisions and have your own opinion... I'm just hoping I can save a person or two from wasting there money on this stupid new "stance nation" movement that has swept over the car-enthusiast public.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #72
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Not crying... just hate to see a car like this ruined by someone's "hella" awful taste. If this stance thing is your scene, cool... but why not do it on a VW or car like that. Why would you spend lots of money on a car that handles well to take that away.

It's like paying for a really expensive HD tv set that has hdmi capabilities only to use standard def with it... why not just save money on the tv in the first place and get a tv with only standard def. This analogy is almost obsolete as almost any tv out now is HD, but I think you get my point.

Haha, if I wanted an expensive car, I would buy one. 335s aren't really all that expensive.

I already have a Volkswagen on air ride, but thanks for the tip

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #73
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's true the 255/35 was a BRUTAL amount of tire stretch. Though I don't have many shots with them on the car, I switch the 255s out for 275s and the car feels better (and looks a little less ridiculous).

Fortunately, Toyo is sending out some R888s in 295s for my new set of wheels

Last edited by fishmando; 02-06-2013 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #74
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Agreed, though I think OP has understood this from the beginning...He isn't trying to build a time attack car. It's not what i'd do with my vehicle, but I can appreciate what he's doing none the less.
Cheers.

Every has a different goal with their projects. Being different is fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #75
Jaime_E90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi '08 328xi '13 328xi

Garage List
1991 BMW 325ci  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that's slammed!
2006 E90 325xi/Barrique Red/Beige Leather/OEM Style 193-M's/BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles/E90 LCI Headlights/CF Trim Wrap/Fujita Cold Air Intake/Dinan Cat-Back Exhaust/RS Technik 15MM. Rear Spacers/OEM Blackline Tailights/OEM M3 Steering Wheel/Steering Wheel Button Delete/BMW Performance Shifter/BMW Performance E-brake/Euro-Light Switch.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #76
Ben from RI
Rep
Drives: 335i

Do you even lift bro?
      02-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #77
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben from RI View Post
Do you even lift bro?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #78
Ben from RI
Rep

Not allowed to create a thread on this elitist forum yet.. so I'll hang out in yours
      02-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #79
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDane07 View Post
What's the point of the racing seat/roll bars if you can't drive it more than 30mph?
Quote:
+1 many race inspired upgrades but I can't see that thing getting anywhere near a track.

Nonetheless, I admire the hard work and to each their own
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #80
Ben from RI
Rep

Quote:

This post is near comical. You seem to be pretty knowledgable when it comes to what "makes" or "ruins" a car. So please, tell me how your experience with owning a bagged car was... or tell me how bagged cars can't perform?

I would also LOVE to hear why bagging a VW makes any more sense then bagging something as EPIC as a 335..

SHTATIC FOR LYFE
      02-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #81
Frode D
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3

Subscribed!

I love what you have done with the car, except the rear fenders. M3 fenders will solve that "problem" thou. Do you plan on doing any changes on the front as well, or just the back?

What I don't understand is why people automaticly assume air suspension handles like shit, without having driven a car on air....

I've been talking to one of you guys about air for an E92, but I can't decide if I should sell my E91 or keep it.. Maybe air the E91?

instagram: @ frode_m3
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #82
Goettler_Boost
Old News
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp

I never got one negative word when I was that low static with silly stretch on this forum. At least you can raise your ride height!

I just don't see why everyone is getting so upset over a SHOP CAR from a COMPANY who is involved with AIR RIDE. Like, seriously. haha.
2014 228i MSport (sold)
2001 525iAT (sold)
2003 330ci (sold)
2007 335i KWV1/BBS Style 5(sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #83
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben from RI View Post
Not allowed to create a thread on this elitist forum yet.. so I'll hang out in yours
You may stay as long as you like
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #84
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frode D View Post
Subscribed!

I love what you have done with the car, except the rear fenders. M3 fenders will solve that "problem" thou. Do you plan on doing any changes on the front as well, or just the back?

What I don't understand is why people automaticly assume air suspension handles like shit, without having driven a car on air....

I've been talking to one of you guys about air for an E92, but I can't decide if I should sell my E91 or keep it.. Maybe air the E91?
You should put an air setup on the E91, that would be fun!

I'm actually doing the m tech front bumper, and keep the black kidneys. I think it will flow well with the m3 mirrors and side skirts. I don't really need more than 225 up front, but the rear is lacking in grip.

Before someone chimes in about camber causing poor traction, you must realize the e9X platform, like most other BMW platforms, has negative camber gain when lowered in the rear. That means at drive height, (Preset 2) I have very little negative camber (-2.3* to be exact) where as I have close to -4* when I drop the rear air spring pressure.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #85
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goettler_Boost View Post
I never got one negative word when I was that low static with silly stretch on this forum. At least you can raise your ride height!

I just don't see why everyone is getting so upset over a SHOP CAR from a COMPANY who is involved with AIR RIDE. Like, seriously. haha.
I appreciate your support.

Honestly, this community has been more receptive to air suspension than I expected. When we built a one-off Subaru Impreza suspension, we got lots of flack over on NASIOC.

You all have been quite pleasant overall.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #86
reelop19
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I dig anything different. Sub'd
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #87
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

[QUOTE=Frode D;13438238Maybe air the E91?[/QUOTE]
Please do, i really wanted an e91 with that goal in mind, couldnt find a 335 e91 6mt though. I would even be willing to help with the project(labor) if you were close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
+1 many race inspired upgrades but I can't see that thing getting anywhere near a track.

Nonetheless, I admire the hard work and to each their own
Most "show" cars have alot of "race" inspired upgrades. Why? More people perfer those upgrades over a stock car, and the other option would be Ultra luxury. While some people do go that route most people dont find it as appealing. Find come SEMA galleries and look at some of those cars. The ones that are more appealing are the race like cars. And i can bet that most of the cars that are at SEMA are trailered most of their life.

Thats the most amount of work put into a stock bodied mk4. i like the sleeper look.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #88
Frode D
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmando View Post
You should put an air setup on the E91, that would be fun!

I'm actually doing the m tech front bumper, and keep the black kidneys. I think it will flow well with the m3 mirrors and side skirts. I don't really need more than 225 up front, but the rear is lacking in grip.

Before someone chimes in about camber causing poor traction, you must realize the e9X platform, like most other BMW platforms, has negative camber gain when lowered in the rear. That means at drive height, (Preset 2) I have very little negative camber (-2.3* to be exact) where as I have close to -4* when I drop the rear air spring pressure.
M-Tech front bumper with an Arkym lip would be perfect for this car in my mind.

Can I contact you here via PM about an air setup for my E91 if I decide to air it?

instagram: @ frode_m3
Appreciate 0