E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 Charge Pipe failure - MTC Install.

05-24-2019, 07:27 AM   #1
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

So my stock charge pipe failed, rather than buy another crappy plastic part from BMW I look into a aftermarket unit made out of aluminium.

I am in the UK and wanted something quickly, after one failed attempt with a duff china clone, I settled on a MTC part

https://mtcmotorsport.co.uk/mtc-moto...ipe-kit-306bhp

This is a good quality unit and is finished well, with a nice cradle black out paint finish. It looks similar to the BMS unit.

It differs from the cheap ones buy not having powder coat/paint all over the throttle body connection point and Map sensor hole and also on the inside of the pipe (you don't want paint flaking off going into the engine and causing boost leaks).

The only issue I encountered with install was the need to purchase 2 x M4 bolts to hold the MAP sensor in place, it would have been nice for these to be included.

I'd recommend lubricating the pipe with silicone spray to ease fitment and to fit the clamps after you have wrestled everything in place.

Be warned there isn't allot of space left between the pipe and the Power steering lines from the reservoir - which I will monitor.

All in it offer a good value price point with decent quality and fit.
Attached Images

Last edited by Will_460cs; 05-24-2019 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: pics
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i l 328xi l X5M

Good shet brotha , Word to the wise. OEM chargepipe is trash always