E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Secondary boost control valve.

08-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #1
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Secondary boost control valve.

I was looking at something unrelated and came across this. I’ve had the car over 3 years and never had a boost issue. Well, I think that’s what the valve is from googling the part number. Any ideas why somebody would do this?

It had the electrical connector connected but the vacuum pipes were as in the picture. I’ve found the pipe that’s plain black like the snapped off one on the valve which is sucking air in when the engines running so I’ve connected that back up. The blocked pipe with the orange stripe I can’t find the other end where it’s been cut from. I’m surprised the car ran absolutely fine considering it had a huge vacuum leak. I’m wondering if I should leave it as I found it or what?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 07:41 AM   #2
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

It's not a boost controller. I've looked on realoem and found it's something to do with the inlet manifold vacuum control. Just baffled why it's been blocked and where the blocked pipe should go.
Appreciate 0