E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > New Century BMW Alhambra, CA--STEER CLEAR

05-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
jfclark
Registered
Rep
Drives: volvo

New Century BMW Alhambra, CA--STEER CLEAR

First off, I responded to a post on e90post in, "How much did you pay for you e92 coupe"

"Anybody interested in a Brand New Jet Black 335i w/ premium pkg, sports pkg, navigation system, comfort access and Ipod adapter? It is a manual transmission at New Century BMW. PM me for more information, just trying to help my CA out. The cost would be near to invoice pricing. Let me know! A customer flaked out on his order so he'll give you a great deal on it."

PMed was given contact info for the internet sales manager...who called after a few hours.

We began speaking he told me it would be invoice plus $500.00, told him that we have a deal and to email me the information as I didn't have a fax machine and I had left the office for the day.

The "sales manager" was telling me how many cars he sells to Texas and Nevada, he was an expert in out of state sales and could get the deal done.

He stated that I would have to pay tax in California and we spoke about this idea and it is California law and any difference would be credited by my state. Great, price was set and I was ready to fly out to Cali to pick up the car. I even offered to put a down payment down on the car, which he refused to accept.

10 mins later I was sent an email stating ....

"Thank You for your interest with the new guidelines set in place by the state and DMV, it has made it extremely difficult for use to sell to out of state customers.

After speaking with the rest of management we have decided at this time to not sell to customers for out of state delivery..."

My only advice is that you do not deal with New Century BMW... Bigger scum you will not find. This guy was not very polite on the phone either I was happy to not do business with these people.

I hope more people refuse to do business with them as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
JW_BMW
Rep
Drives: M5

The internet is such an amazing tool. We can say what we want to say...write what we want to write. More often than not there is two sides to every story. You have told yours...I will refrain from telling mine.

Maybe you are right...maybe we are the scum of BMW Centers. Or maybe I am the scum not the Center itself. Either way I hope you find the deal you are looking for and the Center willing to do it the way you want.

Finally, I hope you have your flat tire taken care of.

Not the way I actually want to start my first post in this forum...oh well.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
jfclark
Registered
Rep
Drives: volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_BMW View Post

I hope you have your flat tire taken care of.
JW, thank you for your conern I did get my tire fixed after our phone call, took about 10 mins to change.

In my email to you yesterday, I told you I would be posting on here about my experience with your dealership. Your response to my email was sarcasm.

LET THE WORD SPREAD!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
JW_BMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfclark View Post
JW, thank you for your conern I did get my tire fixed after our phone call, took about 10 mins to change.

In my email to you yesterday, I told you I would be posting on here about my experience with your dealership. Your response to my email was sarcasm.

LET THE WORD SPREAD!!!!
Like I said...we can say what we want to say...it is the wonders of the internet.

Say what you want to say...get it off your chest. Direct your attacks at me but not my Center. My Center did not speak to you...I did.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 02:11 AM   #5
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

it's all good justin, there's always going to be people like this, don't worry about it
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #6
MBE93
Gold Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Vert

Am I missing something? Sounds like he (CA) tried to make the deal happen, at a good rate, then quickly determined that for whatever reason he couldn't make the deal happen. Whether it was preference or compulsory he let you know within a very reasonable amount of time (10 mins)? Maybe he should've thought it through better and posted the OOS details on the ad, but we all make mistakes.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
BruinEd03
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A...yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBE93 View Post
Am I missing something? Sounds like he (CA) tried to make the deal happen, at a good rate, then quickly determined that for whatever reason he couldn't make the deal happen. Whether it was preference or compulsory he let you know within a very reasonable amount of time (10 mins)? Maybe he should've thought it through better and posted the OOS details on the ad, but we all make mistakes.
Yeah you are:

"
The "sales manager" was telling me how many cars he sells to Texas and Nevada, he was an expert in out of state sales and could get the deal done.

He stated that I would have to pay tax in California and we spoke about this idea and it is California law and any difference would be credited by my state. Great, price was set and I was ready to fly out to Cali to pick up the car. I even offered to put a down payment down on the car, which he refused to accept.

10 mins later I was sent an email stating ....

"Thank You for your interest with the new guidelines set in place by the state and DMV, it has made it extremely difficult for use to sell to out of state customers.

After speaking with the rest of management we have decided at this time to not sell to customers for out of state delivery..."
"

That doesn't look like very good customer service to be yanking the person around like that, especially if they claim to be an "expert" in out of state sales. Also, if he was rude on the phone, that's unacceptable, too. He should have been apologizing profusely. Again, not sure if that happend or not, but a generically worded e-mail doesn't seem like it's enough.

As for Justin's claim about not attacking the dealership -- well, he represents the dealership. Keep that in mind. Also the e-mail said "we" meaning the dealership.
      05-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
JW_BMW
Rep

I received an email from customer at 1:18pm to contact him regarding my available E92.

First initial contact with customer was via the phone at around 2:45pm. (Reason for the slight delay in response was due to sales meeting from 1pm to 2:30pm)

Selling price was confirmed and reached with customer during the first few moments of phone conversation. During the call I noticed a lot of background and traffic noise. Customer seems preoccupied during the conversation.

I asked how he was planning on finalizing the vehicle purchase. No response ….I hear talking in the background. Question is again asked …customer’s reply was I will be writing a check. Customer also stated I will be flying in from out of state to drive the vehicle home. Customer asked if a courtesy pickup from the airport was possible and if I can provide him with a one way trip permit. I answered yes to both questions. I also said if he plans on driving the vehicle off the lot than I will need to collect the applicable taxes and fees after which when he reaches his home state he will be credited with the difference +/-. At this time customer insist I was wrong and that he never has to do it this way before. I said if you plan on not paying any taxes upfront then you will not be able to drive off with the vehicle. Instead the vehicle will need to be delivered crossed state lines. We will need the Bill of Laden and the report of sale must be notarized by the notary public that he did not take possession of the vehicle in California. Customer again states this is BS…this is not the way to do it and that he already found another Center to sell him the car and allow him to drive off the lot with out having to pay taxes upfront. Customer asks if I have done out of state deliveries before and what sources I am using to give him this information. Before I get a chance to reply I hear the customer cursing numerous times. I asked the customer why is he so upset and why he feels the need to curse at me. Customer very angrily says because he is out driving and now he has a flat tire and that I do not know how to handle out of state sells. At this time I insisted on stopping the conversation told him to pull over so he can handle his flat tire situation. I said we can continue to work the deal later.

Customer says no…he wants to finalize the deal now. Customer says he does not know what game I am playing but he will go ahead and play my game. I stated to customer I did not want to continue to work the deal when I know his situation may be unsafe. I insisted on calling him back later after he has taken care of the flat tire to his vehicle. I also stated to customer I have completed many out of state sells and that each time depending on the buyers’ home state the amount and procedure of collecting taxes could be different. I said right now I am following the current guidelines set forth by www.dmv.ca.gov and the state board of equalization.

Customer reluctantly agrees to pay the taxes upfront and that he is okay to talk because he has already pulled over to the side of the road. I again tell him I want to end the conversation till he is at a safe location.

In summary, during the 10 minutes that this conversation lasted I was told I did not know how to do my job not once, not twice but over and over again. I was cursed at numerous times; maybe it was not directed at me now knowing the situation he was in. Nevertheless, after going over the conversation in my head again and knowing this deal can cause me more grief than necessary I decided it was better to not proceed forward with the out of state sale.

Within 10 mins after the conversation ended I emailed the customer to let him know my intentions.

So if being told you do not know how to do your job and having to deal with an abusive customer makes me the scum of the earth…so be it. And yes the last few minutes of the conversation I was no longer "prolite".

My very last email to him was simply ...

"Thank you for your interest and time. Sorry it did not work out."

Where is the sarcasm in my reply that you implied?

Actually no need to reply to that question.

I accept full blame for this matter. I will openly apologize to you. Again I am sorry it did not work out.

I hope this will end this topic.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #9
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
maybe you sold the car for more then he was paying

Special Thanks to AU335