Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS "Inactive"

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-25-2022, 07:43 AM   #67
Jooebimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i and 2010 328i

Hello,

I know is an old post, but I took my front left tire to replace the brake sensor and after reinstalling the tire I got this TPMS Innactive. It was cold in Chicago with ice everywhere. Could I have disconnected something?
I think I might have touched the connector for the ABS and that's it.
What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 01:45 PM   #68
adias
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i E92

New to the BMW world... Own 2008 328i Coupe (E92). Also have inactive TPMS. All wheel sensors were checked by tire shop when tires were changed. Is this an antenna module issue? Where is the TPMS antenna located in a 2008 E92? Are there any other TPMS sensors in the car?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 09:12 AM   #69
ewrjontan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3 Porsche 987 Cayman

Been getting this "inactive" warning pop on and off during my drives. I recently replaced a tire due to a puncture. The tire shops from my experience usually change out the batteries in the TPMS sensor but they may not have. I ran my Foxwell scanner and didnt see any specific codes pertaining to the TPMS. So I dont know if it is the wheel with the replaced tire or one of the other wheels. Normally, if it was just low pressure, it would say "Low pressure" and not just "inactive." This leads me to believe that the sensor itself is low on battery.

I have a 2010, its my understanding that this vehicle actually has sensors in the wheel and is not just measuring wheel speed like in the earlier models correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2023, 03:08 PM   #70
thepinpoint@optonline.net
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 3351c

“INACTIVE"

2009 335ic ...

same issue “inactive” ... I checked all the pressures and they’re good ... so, as this is not a critical issue - just annoying - I’m not gonna freak out. Planing on new tires soon anyway so I’ll deal with it then. How did you make out?
Appreciate 0