E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335D muffler nozzles removable?

12-13-2023, 10:36 PM   #1
santose90disl
Rep
Drives: E90 335D

Unhappy 335D muffler nozzles removable?

Hey, everybody! I have a question. Has anyone put any other muffler tips on a 335D? I know that in other models the OEM nozzles are removable. But on the 335D, I can't find any information. I've also tried twisting and pulling. But I think they're holding them in place. I've attached a photo. Is it really just a matter of cutting them off? If anyone has information please let me know.

This is my new muffler nozzles.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 11:58 PM   #2
MidWillamette335d
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Just went through this with very similar tips. You'll need to cut the OEM tips off, they're welded on. You'll also probably want to (I did) cut about 3/4" off your new tip slip ends, and run the three expansion slots further up the collar to compensate for what you took off (angle grinder / thin cutoff wheel). This will allow them to tuck in nicer as they will bottom out on the tailpipe bend if you don't. I also cut the tip past the welds (towards the rear of the car) and ground the welds down to have more straight pipe to grab onto. Best bet is to bench the muffler assembly and do the work, you don't need to jack it up and it's a handful of bolts, like 10 mins to drop it. Here's a pic of how mine turned out, I might be able to squeak it back another 1/2" tops. Good luck...post a pic when you're done so we can see how they turned out!
Attached Images

whyzee1251665.00