E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Door handle lights - Flashing when doors close?!

02-08-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
Toby_85
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 Tourer

Door handle lights - Flashing when doors close?!

Hi all,

First post! First BMW! Have an early e91, 2005, pretty pleased overall! Just a few seemingly common things to sort!

First thing on my mind are the under handle lights as I notice them every time I shut the doors! They don’t seem to be working when they should. All other lights work including interior lights and lights under the doors, but these lights under the door handles will only work - or flash - for a moment when I shut the car doors! If I slam one door, the lights on both front and rear doors flash for a moment so it seems to be a bad connection common to all lights - any ideas where to look or anybody have an electrical drawing I can look at? They did once work properly when I unlocked the car...until I shut the door again

Thanks in advance,

Toby
Appreciate 0