E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > How much has your 335 cost you this month?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-16-2018, 06:48 AM   #375
therealdb1
Private First Class
23
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: Graphite E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Norfolk UK

iTrader: (0)

Just the mere £540 road tax for it to sit in the garage for most of its life!
It is still only on its 3rd tank of fuel in 11 months!

When will the cretins in Westminster get their act together and charge road funding as a proportion of road useage?
That way all of the non-UK traffic that causes wear and tear to our roads helps pay for them. How far can you drive in France without contributing to their road network?

I had an interesting discussion with the head of a County Highways department (I will not divulge which county to protect their innocence!) who claimed that only around 1/35th of what is raised from the motorist is invested in the road infrastructure anyway.
Disclaimer - I have no evidence to confirm this but it is what I was told by this particular government representative.

Rant over... For today at least!

Last edited by therealdb1; 08-16-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2018, 05:14 AM   #376
Incrediblewoody
Private
17
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

After months of no issues my waterpump went whilst on the motorway, mother of god they are a bit more expensive than other cars I've owned before, when I saw the code I naively assumed £500 or so...silly me.

So whilst getting that done I decided to get my sparks, coil packs and injectors checked, turns out that five of the six coil packs were arcing, not too surprising for 11 year old coil packs so had all coil packs replaced.

All in all, £1,400.

Car runs nice and smooth now, the coil pack replacement has made start up noticeably smoother (it struggled before) and also general driving feels smoother.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #377
Chappers 71
Colonel
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1144
Rep
2,971
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblewoody View Post
After months of no issues my waterpump went whilst on the motorway, mother of god they are a bit more expensive than other cars I've owned before, when I saw the code I naively assumed £500 or so...silly me.

So whilst getting that done I decided to get my sparks, coil packs and injectors checked, turns out that five of the six coil packs were arcing, not too surprising for 11 year old coil packs so had all coil packs replaced.

All in all, £1,400.

Car runs nice and smooth now, the coil pack replacement has made start up noticeably smoother (it struggled before) and also general driving feels smoother.
My 35i is now on its third water pump at 111,000 miles. My last water pump died after only 45000 miles
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #378
mjn77
Major
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
641
Rep
1,472
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Original waterpump at 143k miles
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #379
tcphoto
Captain
327
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: E92 335i MT Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madison, GA

iTrader: (0)

I did the oil change this month, so we’re at $77.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #380
Chappers 71
Colonel
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1144
Rep
2,971
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
Original waterpump at 143k miles
And it's only a £60 part
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #381
Chappers 71
Colonel
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1144
Rep
2,971
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Both lower suspension arms & a geo £375. All brake shudder has now gone & the car no longer crashes over bumps, I guess over time I never realised how bad the ride had become.

The old 35i feels totally transformed now
Yes I've spent the best part of £4000 on it this last 6 weeks but the cars never felt so good to drive, the cic upgrade is excellent & a combox is next on the list.

I am very glad I didn't sell it for 3k a while back as £7000 wouldn't have bought me a car as good as my 35i is now
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #382
mjn77
Major
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
641
Rep
1,472
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
August...
2 x brake bulbs, £2.50
Insurance, £966

MOT tomorrow as well.
__________________
E90 335D LCI Individual Azurite Black // Individual Anthracite Maple Trim // HEL Braided Brake Hoses // Veemann VM2 19" alloys in Valencia Orange // EBC Grooved Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads // H&R Cup Kit // M3 Control Arms
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 10:11 AM   #383
Dann
Major
Dann's Avatar
121
Rep
1,346
Posts

Drives: E90 LCi 335i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Portsmouth, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Tax last month for me @ £315
Insurance this month @ £415

and a tank of fuel to celebrate.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #384
748adam
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
24
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: York, England

iTrader: (1)

£600 in some new index 12 injectors and decouplers from BMW, need to find someone to code them in once fitted.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #385
snedanator
Lieutenant
76
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: e93 335i le mans blue
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Falkirk . Scotland

iTrader: (0)

I'm about £1000 this month😭😂😂. Plugs, coils, injectors, o2 sensors. Chasing faults basically. But all good now. Just need to find cash for fuel now😂😂😂lol
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #386
snedanator
Lieutenant
76
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: e93 335i le mans blue
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Falkirk . Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 748adam View Post
£600 in some new index 12 injectors and decouplers from BMW, need to find someone to code them in once fitted.
I know someone that can do it remotely for u if u want, if u have a dcan cable and laptop, he was gonna do mine as I wasn't sure how to work the bmw programs, I already had the programs on my laptop from before, but I managed to code them myself and clear codes fairly easy. But I can put him onto u if u want. He was gonna charge me $100 for coding and clearing faults...and obviously u get to keep the bmw software.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #387
748adam
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
24
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: York, England

iTrader: (1)

I have inpa on my old laptop but that died, and I have also lost the discs that I had it on,
Gunna have a chat with my local specialist and see if they will help me out
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #388
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
MattOz's Avatar
United Kingdom
205
Rep
1,652
Posts

Drives: LCI E91 335d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
£348 for insurance. Nothing else apart from the monthly warranty cost of £60.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 11:24 AM   #389
Chappers 71
Colonel
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1144
Rep
2,971
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
No issues or expenses other than fuel during September. Cars running very nicely...for now.
MOTs due in October, I may get it done next Saturday.
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #390
mjn77
Major
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
641
Rep
1,472
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Just £40 for the MOT.
__________________
E90 335D LCI Individual Azurite Black // Individual Anthracite Maple Trim // HEL Braided Brake Hoses // Veemann VM2 19" alloys in Valencia Orange // EBC Grooved Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads // H&R Cup Kit // M3 Control Arms
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #391
AD18
Private First Class
30
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK - Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
Just the mere £540 road tax for it to sit in the garage for most of its life!
It is still only on its 3rd tank of fuel in 11 months!

When will the cretins in Westminster get their act together and charge road funding as a proportion of road useage?
That way all of the non-UK traffic that causes wear and tear to our roads helps pay for them. How far can you drive in France without contributing to their road network?

I had an interesting discussion with the head of a County Highways department (I will not divulge which county to protect their innocence!) who claimed that only around 1/35th of what is raised from the motorist is invested in the road infrastructure anyway.
Disclaimer - I have no evidence to confirm this but it is what I was told by this particular government representative.

Rant over... For today at least!
Why is your road tax so much? I need to do mine but its £290...? Agree with it being annoying when car isn't used much though
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 04:03 AM   #392
Dann
Major
Dann's Avatar
121
Rep
1,346
Posts

Drives: E90 LCi 335i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Portsmouth, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Why is your road tax so much? I need to do mine but its £290...? Agree with it being annoying when car isn't used much though
Pre LCi are over £500 due to emissions.
They changed the bands or something in 2008 so it dropped the N54 to £315 or something
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #393
ZerenDip
New Member
2
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: OC California

iTrader: (0)

Did all this in early September:

Purchased Pure Stage 2 High Flows w/ their inlets -$5,000 out the door installed

Got a package deal from my local shop and they threw in a Fuel It Stage 2 Bucketed LPFP with the upgraded Turbos too.

Had to get a few things repaired since preventive maintenance is key:

Engine Mount Passenger Side - $130
Oil Pan Gasket Leak Fixed - $400
Passenger Side Window Regulator - $14X

Total came out to around $57-- out the door with all my fixes, new fluids and all installs done. Car runs great. Definitely left a hole in my pocket but the power bug hit me again.

Got some plans for next month since I'll be doing my first tracking event at shift sector!
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #394
therealdb1
Private First Class
23
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: Graphite E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Norfolk UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Why is your road tax so much?
You tell me! The 335 causes less wear and tear to the public highway than my wife's Smart car that she uses every day but her tax is £30!
I think at the time our wonderful government were trying to force us all to drive diesels but they have now realised that diesel fuel is no good for the environment or people's health either so they are now trying to price those off the road and they only want electric cars available in a few years time.
Unfortunately, because as usual they have forgotten to remove their blinkers no consideration has been given to where the electricity comes from to recharge all of these cars. It ain't all coming from solar panels or wind turbines trust me!
The other issue is that unless we can all afford a Tesla, "normal" electric cars with contemporary technology only run for 100 miles and we do not all live in cities with charging points in every street says the man from rural Norfolk. We have only just discovered broadband over here!
Just when you thought the rant was over
Appreciate 1
AD1830.00

      10-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #395
AD18
Private First Class
30
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK - Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
You tell me! The 335 causes less wear and tear to the public highway than my wife's Smart car that she uses every day but her tax is £30!
I think at the time our wonderful government were trying to force us all to drive diesels but they have now realised that diesel fuel is no good for the environment or people's health either so they are now trying to price those off the road and they only want electric cars available in a few years time.
Unfortunately, because as usual they have forgotten to remove their blinkers no consideration has been given to where the electricity comes from to recharge all of these cars. It ain't all coming from solar panels or wind turbines trust me!
The other issue is that unless we can all afford a Tesla, "normal" electric cars with contemporary technology only run for 100 miles and we do not all live in cities with charging points in every street says the man from rural Norfolk. We have only just discovered broadband over here!
Just when you thought the rant was over
Haha, ranting aside, some very true points here, especially regarding diesel and the move to electric. It'll be the same shortsightedness for electric i think as I don't think the whole picture, cradle to grave for electric cars has really been looked at properly.
Working in the oil and gas industry myself, I can say that i'm not worried at all about its demise as I know where this electricity will 'originate from'. Cars are one thing, what are they doing about all these planes? Move to electric? Stop people flying? Nope, keep making that jet fuel boys!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #396
Chappers 71
Colonel
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1144
Rep
2,971
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I have a 2006 335i, the £540 or so VED is a fukin joke.
Crypton gas analyser for last October's mot showed CO2 at 0.00% & Hydro Carbon at 1 ppm with a mileage of 105865.
I suspect what comes out of my exhaust is less polluted than what goes in the airbox
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 1
AD1830.00

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST