E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Killed my e90 with Inpa or NCS Expert

03-09-2017, 03:07 AM   #45
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sport+

If it makes you feel any better..

Just some insight, I softbricked almost every module in my car.. It only registers DME and CAS and it runs n drives.. 2006 330i I really think there has to be something more obvious.. Loose ground, Loose SOMETHING.. If it ran.. -_- and then still cranked but didnt start.. Then I feel like something came loose.. IDK, I actually build bikes but I just wanna say start fresh and test the simple stuff that is easy..

OH and I failed all my flashes at 12.9 volts.. I only recovered my DME after I used a start charger and set to 50 amps (emergency start setting) and let it flash like that.. The charger was flicking ON N OFF like mad but all worked well.. maybe try that and just cringe through the charger acting insane :P I wish you luck and as I recover more of my modules if there is anything I can think of that pertains I'll be sure to share.. You said you drive hard.. stuff comes loose when you drive hard.. Ask me how I know :P That's why we wire tie our fairings at the track, and why mine are tied all the time.. For bikes but same ish.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #46
BennettBucsFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Sportline

I can put this thread to rest and apologize, it had nothing to do with coding. I coincidentally coded my car for the first time 10 minutes before it died which made me think that had to be the issue. Several Vanos bolts broke off, luckily it was covered under recall and the 10 year warranty extension. I've been getting Vanos codes for a while replaced solenoids and camshaft sensors and was still getting codes, now I know why.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #47
SLF80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F80

BimmerGeeks I need you guys. I can't seem to find a way to PM on here (you have it disabled?). I don't use Facebook. Hope you see this.
Appreciate 0