E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 E91 - Car Won't Start - CC ID 719

07-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #1
janoj
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 E91 320i

2011 E91 - Car Won't Start - CC ID 719

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue that I want some help with. I have a 2011 E91. My car has been driving fine and has given zero issues. No problems at all.

After driving fine, I parked my car. When I next went in to drive the car, as soon as I entered the car I first noticed something.

You usually hear a noise from the steering wheel/dash like something engaging/disengaging. I didn't hear this.

I then saw a yellow car on a ramp/lift on the instrument cluster. The I-Drive screen is then telling me an engine start fault. It is suggesting that I close and open the door and try it again. I did that and nothing. The car does nothing when the on/off ignition button is pressed.

When I go into engine check using the BC button on the small lever for lights. When I hold down the button I get the error code "CC ID 719".

The car locks and unlocks fine. The Idrive screen comes on. The headlights come on as well. Radio comes on. The steering wheel is also in it's locked state and won't unlock when I try to move it left to right. I've also tried both key fobs.

Looking for help from the gurus of this forum. What can it be?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Dead Battery!!! Get a new battery for $485 at your local BMW Dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janoj View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have an issue that I want some help with. I have a 2011 E91. My car has been driving fine and has given zero issues. No problems at all.

After driving fine, I parked my car. When I next went in to drive the car, as soon as I entered the car I first noticed something.

You usually hear a noise from the steering wheel/dash like something engaging/disengaging. I didn't hear this.

I then saw a yellow car on a ramp/lift on the instrument cluster. The I-Drive screen is then telling me an engine start fault. It is suggesting that I close and open the door and try it again. I did that and nothing. The car does nothing when the on/off ignition button is pressed.

When I go into engine check using the BC button on the small lever for lights. When I hold down the button I get the error code "CC ID 719".

The car locks and unlocks fine. The Idrive screen comes on. The headlights come on as well. Radio comes on. The steering wheel is also in it's locked state and won't unlock when I try to move it left to right. I've also tried both key fobs.

Looking for help from the gurus of this forum. What can it be?

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
janoj
Registered
Rep

Update.

So I posted this message last night. Went to the car multiple times trying to start it to no avail.

When I got up this morning, I went to the car with the intention of diagnosing the battery. However, after I unlocked and got into the driver's seat. I heard the disengaging/engaging mechanical sound behind the steering wheel. Put in the keyfob, pressed the button and the car started. It then drove for about 30 minutes with no issue.

The issue has not returned with multiple car stops and ignition starts. However, I need to get to the bottom of what happened last night. I do not want to be stranded out of the blue.

Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
...The issue has not returned with multiple car stops and ignition starts. However, I need to get to the bottom of what happened last night. I do not want to be stranded out of the blue. Can anyone help?
See Reply TODAY on similar thread in Bimmerfest Forum. For those who just use this forum, CC-ID 719 is NOT documented in usual references for CC-ID codes such as Bentley. Google Search did NOT reveal ANY Definition of that code. HOWEVER, people reporting that code ALSO reported No-Start condition like you reported.

ANSWER: get codes read; MINIMUM of P-codes in DME, but preferably ALL BMW FC in both DME & CAS modules.

ONE thing I CAN tell you WITHOUT codes: It's NOT your battery.

George
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Update.

So I posted this message last night. Went to the car multiple times trying to start it to no avail.

When I got up this morning, I went to the car with the intention of diagnosing the battery. However, after I unlocked and got into the driver's seat. I heard the disengaging/engaging mechanical sound behind the steering wheel. Put in the keyfob, pressed the button and the car started. It then drove for about 30 minutes with no issue.

The issue has not returned with multiple car stops and ignition starts. However, I need to get to the bottom of what happened last night. I do not want to be stranded out of the blue.

Can anyone help?
its EXTREMELY and next to impossible and dumb to try and troubleshoot your car with the amount of information you have. If i am going to wildly guess based on the initial noise you hear i would say sounds like the valvetronic motor is failing.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #6
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post

ONE thing I CAN tell you WITHOUT codes: It's NOT your battery.

George
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I have an issue that I want some help with.

I then saw a yellow car on a ramp/lift on the instrument cluster.
How so? Regardless of codes the error on his dash the very symbol for dead or dying battery (and/or dead or dying alternator).

If you can't get codes right away I would start at the battery 1st, then alternator, then starter....

Often times a weak or failing battery would not send power to certain essentials involved in starting the car.
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #7
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
its EXTREMELY and next to impossible and dumb to try and troubleshoot your car with the amount of information you have. If i am going to wildly guess based on the initial noise you hear i would say sounds like the valvetronic motor is failing.
I agree that once the intermittent "No-Start" fault has gone away the ONLY diagnostics that are useful in trying to determine what CAUSED the No-Start, is Fault Codes saved in DME and/or CAS Fault Memory. As stated, the references such as Bentley which provide CC-ID Code lookup do NOT show any CC-ID code as high as 719. So we NEED Fault Codes.

As I understood his description of the problem, he did NOT hear the usual sounds in the CAS area when pressing START, on the occasions yesterday when the Starter would NOT crank. However TODAY, when he unlocked and entered, and put Remote Key in Insert Compartment, he DID hear the usual sound of CAS relays clicking, and the Starter DID crank.

AWAITING CODES!!

George
Appreciate 1
Pladi718.00
      07-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
janoj
Registered
Rep

This is the error from last night guys. Unfortunately, today and tomorrow are national holidays in my country so I won't be able to get codes read.

My previous vehicle was an e46 and I had my trusty pa soft scanner. However I've recently purchased this e91 so I have not purchased a scanner yet.

I must note though because i believe this to be CRUCIAL.

When i enter the car with the keyfob, I don't have to do ANYTHING and I hear the CAS sounds by the steering (like the car steering unlocking and being prepared for ignition). Once I sit down in my driver's seat and close the door. I hear the CAS sounds. I am also able to start my car without the keyfob inserted into the slot. Once I have the keyfob anywhere near the driver's seat and press the brake pedal, the start/stop button will start the vehicle.

Last night during the no-start, when i got in the car and did nothing, the car would wait a few seconds, do nothing (aka no CAS sounds) and then throw the error. It came across as the car detecting the keyfob presence then failing to make the CAS sounds and then throwing the error. It did this multiple times.

Once I entered this morning and heard the CAS sounds, I knew the car would start. Any ideas?

Just my observation.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #9
tlow98
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Dead Battery!!! Get a new battery for $485 at your local BMW Dealership.
Or just don't and profit? Who recommends the dealership on a 15-year-old platform?

Plus, battery? c'mon, dude. just sell your pos and move onto a higher depreciating platform and bug those people about stuff they don't care about.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 03:01 PM   #10
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
I agree that once the intermittent "No-Start" fault has gone away the ONLY diagnostics that are useful in trying to determine what CAUSED the No-Start, is Fault Codes saved in DME and/or CAS Fault Memory. As stated, the references such as Bentley which provide CC-ID Code lookup do NOT show any CC-ID code as high as 719. So we NEED Fault Codes.

As I understood his description of the problem, he did NOT hear the usual sounds in the CAS area when pressing START, on the occasions yesterday when the Starter would NOT crank. However TODAY, when he unlocked and entered, and put Remote Key in Insert Compartment, he DID hear the usual sound of CAS relays clicking, and the Starter DID crank.

AWAITING CODES!!

George
I wanna take this opportunity and say thank you for providing TOP LEVEL support to the members. You are so methodical that you have to wonder if someone is paying for this support

I know its passion.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #11
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
[IMG]...Unfortunately, today and tomorrow are national holidays in my country so I won't be able to get codes read. [Actually, 2-day holidays are a Good Thing -- Like a 2-day "Bastille Day" celebration, eh? We can wait, but we're just curious to know what happened]

My previous vehicle was an e46 and I had my trusty pa soft scanner. [NOT familiar with E46 or pa soft scan tool, but wonder why it won't work on E91 -- is it the software, the cable/connector (round 20-pin) or what?] However I've recently purchased this e91 so I have not purchased a scanner yet.

I must note though because i believe this to be CRUCIAL.

When i enter the car with the keyfob, I don't have to do ANYTHING and I hear the CAS sounds by the steering (like the car steering unlocking and being prepared for ignition). Once I sit down in my driver's seat and close the door. I hear the CAS sounds. I am also able to start my car without the keyfob inserted into the slot. [My E91 is the "KISS" model without CA (Convenient Access) or other Optional Extras] Once I have the keyfob anywhere near the driver's seat and press the brake pedal, the start/stop button will start the vehicle.

Last night during the no-start, when i got in the car and did nothing, the car would wait a few seconds, do nothing (aka no CAS sounds) and then throw the error. It came across as the car detecting the keyfob presence then failing to make the CAS sounds and then throwing the error. It did this multiple times.

Once I entered this morning and heard the CAS sounds, I knew the car would start. Any ideas? Just my observation.
Upon the advice of Counsel (Pladi ;-) I refuse to speculate (dumb) until you read me your codes.

George
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #12
janoj
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Upon the advice of Counsel (Pladi ;-) I refuse to speculate (dumb) until you read me your codes.

George
No problem buddy. Was just giving extra info that I thought would help. Will come back when I have codes.

Car drove perfect all day by the way but like I said, I always believe where there is smoke there is fire.

Thanks again for the the support and insight.
Appreciate 0