E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Car doesn't start + Christmas Lights

07-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #1
320IN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i, 2021 BMW M2C

Car doesn't start + Christmas Lights

I just finished a track day and was about to drive home when ABS, TC, TPMS and a low battery light came on. The lights started to flicker as well as IDrive Pulled the car over to check whats wrong and turned the car off. Then the car couldn't start whatsoever and did not even crank. I tried jumping it and the car started but drove it less than 500 meters and the car eventually died while still in drive. I checked the battery voltage and while it is on the low side it should be more than enough to get the car started and moving.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
upshift_downshift
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 07 E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320IN54 View Post
I just finished a track day and was about to drive home when ABS, TC, TPMS and a low battery light came on. The lights started to flicker as well as IDrive Pulled the car over to check whats wrong and turned the car off. Then the car couldn't start whatsoever and did not even crank. I tried jumping it and the car started but drove it less than 500 meters and the car eventually died while still in drive. I checked the battery voltage and while it is on the low side it should be more than enough to get the car started and moving.
Alternator
      07-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #3
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320IN54 View Post
Battery. Alternator (maybe). Jump start it and run a diagnostic test on the alternator. See, if it's charging the battery and running at the proper volts etc.

If you don't have these tools, take the car to Autozone, they will do this for free.

Upgrade to an AGM battery....

Make sure to register it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
320IN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i, 2021 BMW M2C

Just got an update from my shop. They said that although the battery was flat, they couldnt start the car despite connecting it to a power source. They are going to swap in a new battery and continue checking but they do think there is a problem with the DME.
Appreciate 0