Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > How to Adjust Wheel Size For Different Bumpers and Speedometer?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #23
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Yeah I've been told though if you then use paint over it should be fine and avoid rusting?

Is there a wire I can just buy that won't rust at all?
They have stainless mig wire, but I'm not sure about a gasless flux-core version of it. Yeah if you throw some paint over the welded/grinded areas it will be fine.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #24
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Lmao I just bought a welder and grinder at x mas for 2nd cat delete and possibly mod the muffler box.

Holy shit welding learning curve is pretty steep uh haha! It's a MIG gasless wire.
Speed and Heat.

from what I have gathered, you need to have your welder setup properly and from there you can have a proper pooling, also look into a DC mod for your AC welder (if you have AC) if you do in fact have an AC welder. AC really makes the wire jump around and it's significantly harder to weld with because the pool is constantly starting and stopping.

DC welder has constant current so your pool is constant and you can actually work with it with ease.

I have zero experience welding, so i'm about 1 step behind you meaning I've yet to buy a welder
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #25
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKruPz View Post
Thank you. I'm definitely going with the B12 kit, which means I won't have to buy lowering springs as well, correct? Just not sure on wheel size still

As i understand, it should come with them, right?

some times though, people have certain springs and certain dampeners i guess. Like i said, i dunno much about suspension.
Appreciate 0