E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Detailing a Bugatti Veyron

07-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #1
claw
Rep
Drives: E90 320i M-sport

Exclamation Detailing a Bugatti Veyron

Ok i know its not BMW related but you should see the finished car when he's finished detailing it.

He's using Zymol Royale, which if you do a search for it is around £7000.00 a pot.
Suppose if you can afford a Veyron thats just pocket change though.

Link is http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=4618
      07-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Ok i know its not BMW related but you should see the finished car when he's finished detailing it.

He's using Zymol Royale, which if you do a search for it is around £7000.00 a pot.
Suppose if you can afford a Veyron thats just pocket change though.

Link is http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=4618

Very nice,Claw do you visit north Notts?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Brilliant, will you do my 335d for £500, same treatment
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
how much did you charge rthe fella with the veyron?

how long did all that take?

ACE work and an ACE car

Carl
      07-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #5
claw
Rep
Drives: E90 320i M-sport

No, it wasn't me or anyone else i know who did the job, i found the link believe it or not on a bikers website, i thought you guys would appreciate it more than the philistines on there did.

I'll practise with a tin of brasso and some fine wire wool on mine, if that looks OK i'll happily give anyones a go
      07-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #6
robrob
Private
Rep
Drives: 330xd M Sport LCI

Garage List
It's by a guy called Paul Dalton who runs Miracle Detail - www.miracledetail.co.uk.

His website is a fascinating place to spend a bit of time looking at the other cars he's done. Not cheap though. I think he charged around £5k for the Bugatti.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Oh bollox,better give it a wash 2morrow then,any GOOD ZYMOL detailers around Nottm
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
He's the guy you might have read about in the press or seen on TV car programmes... he hangs out on detailingworld sometimes as does the guy who I suspect posted the above who is lucky to have been invited along to watch this guy work and learn from him. There's a lot of detailers out there who can do 90-100% of what this guy can only are perhaps less well known and therefore charge quite a lot less.

You could do it yourself if you had the time and the products and the inclination. I was offered a detail on a new car for £180 which wouldn't have been 25 times less good than the one above... in fact to all intents and purposes would probably have been as good.

It's like anything - you can buy £20,000 set of headphones, but are they 2000 times better than £100 set of headphones? No.

I've bought some Zymol and other products and detailed my own car and it looked stunning, and is still shining months later... I just need to get a detailing machine and relevant products to allow me to get rid of any swirls, when I decide I'm brave enough to try that.

Edit> Here's the same guy (Paul, of Miracle Detailing) doing a Koenigsegg CCR....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=37688

Last edited by silverbmwz3; 07-14-2007 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 03:06 AM   #9
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
He's the guy you might have read about in the press or seen on TV car programmes... he hangs out on detailingworld sometimes as does the guy who I suspect posted the above who is lucky to have been invited along to watch this guy work and learn from him. There's a lot of detailers out there who can do 90-100% of what this guy can only are perhaps less well known and therefore charge quite a lot less.

You could do it yourself if you had the time and the products and the inclination. I was offered a detail on a new car for £180 which wouldn't have been 25 times less good than the one above... in fact to all intents and purposes would probably have been as good.

It's like anything - you can buy £20,000 set of headphones, but are they 2000 times better than £100 set of headphones? No.

I've bought some Zymol and other products and detailed my own car and it looked stunning, and is still shining months later... I just need to get a detailing machine and relevant products to allow me to get rid of any swirls, when I decide I'm brave enough to try that.

Edit> Here's the same guy (Paul, of Miracle Detailing) doing a Koenigsegg CCR....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=37688

silver, its just a time thing with me,i think once i've had it done by a pro i'll keep on top of it.Or replace the car
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Yeah time is a big factor in all this but to be honest what's a day out of your life every 6 months to protect the visible appearance of a 35k+ investment (ok so it's not an investment but you see my point).

Time is a big factor for me. Luckily my car only goes out about 5 or so times a week so I can get by with washing every two weeks. I did mine today. It having been waxed makes it easier to clean but still to do it to the level I like then to buff it with Zymol Field Glaze (which leaves it looking like a mirror) takes me approx 2 hours. That said, it used to take me that long to do my last car with a grit filled sponge

It depends on your priorities I guess.

Are you serious about getting a pro to do it? If so, go along to detailingworld site and ask on there for someone in your area who is recommended...there'll be someone around. It'll look better than when you picked it up if you get the right person to do it, and may then motivate you and make it easier to keep clean in future.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah time is a big factor in all this but to be honest what's a day out of your life every 6 months to protect the visible appearance of a 35k+ investment (ok so it's not an investment but you see my point).

Time is a big factor for me. Luckily my car only goes out about 5 or so times a week so I can get by with washing every two weeks. I did mine today. It having been waxed makes it easier to clean but still to do it to the level I like then to buff it with Zymol Field Glaze (which leaves it looking like a mirror) takes me approx 2 hours. That said, it used to take me that long to do my last car with a grit filled sponge

It depends on your priorities I guess.

Are you serious about getting a pro to do it? If so, go along to detailingworld site and ask on there for someone in your area who is recommended...there'll be someone around. It'll look better than when you picked it up if you get the right person to do it, and may then motivate you and make it easier to keep clean in future.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #12
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

squeeze be careful on that website its so bloody addictive ive spent over 1000quid so far on a portercable, zymol everything,brushes, a karcher and now spend about 4 hours washing and polishing the car:mad:
      07-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
squeeze be careful on that website its so bloody addictive ive spent over 1000quid so far on a portercable, zymol everything,brushes, a karcher and now spend about 4 hours washing and polishing the car:mad:
Greetings Mr Steve, had a chat with Ged scanlon @ shitners re Alpina Bi-Turbo the other day,should get all the nice coloured brochures and shit thru by the end of the month,and now i've seen Olihs wheels on his touring its looking like i'm going to take a big hit on trade in again
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #14
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Amazing
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #15
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow, I thought I was bad! Let's see some pics of the result then. How did you get on with the portercable? I can see that being my next purchase.

4 hours isn't bad with a polish, but you shouldn't need to do that very often? When I did they claying, HD Cleanse etc. etc. it took me about 12+ hours to do (first time) ! But as per above since then it is just a two bucket wash and a field glaze every week or two now til I next top up the wax (every 4-8 weeks I believe but as my car doesn't get very dirty I'm stretching that a bit).
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #16
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
Greetings Mr Steve, had a chat with Ged scanlon @ shitners re Alpina Bi-Turbo the other day,should get all the nice coloured brochures and shit thru by the end of the month,and now i've seen Olihs wheels on his touring its looking like i'm going to take a big hit on trade in again

If your going for a touring then you have to have the dynamics, however i do prefer the classics in the saloon.

so you like the touring or the saloon??
      07-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #17
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Wow, I thought I was bad! Let's see some pics of the result then. How did you get on with the portercable? I can see that being my next purchase.

4 hours isn't bad with a polish, but you shouldn't need to do that very often? When I did they claying, HD Cleanse etc. etc. it took me about 12+ hours to do (first time) ! But as per above since then it is just a two bucket wash and a field glaze every week or two now til I next top up the wax (every 4-8 weeks I believe but as my car doesn't get very dirty I'm stretching that a bit).

the PC hasnt arrived yet so its all by hand, its the only excercise i get

ill post some pics.
      07-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #18
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
If your going for a touring then you have to have the dynamics, however i do prefer the classics in the saloon.

so you like the touring or the saloon??
Coupe Silly
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #19
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
I remember seeing that awhile ago and posted it on bimmerforums, that guy did a magnificent job.
Appreciate 0