E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > Ohlins R&T Coilovers w/Swift Springs & Vorschlag Camber Plates - Low Miles

08-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
beattiecj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 2017 x5 35i 1988 e30

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Ohlins R&T Coilovers - Part #: BMS MI00 - BMW e90, e92, e82, e88 3 series and 1 series non M cars with 4k Miles.

Prefer local pickup if possible in New York City, this setup was $3,000+ new with springs and end-links.

Will include Ohlins Wrenches and Instructions, I was able to drop 3+ seconds a lap with this setup at NJMP Thunderbolt.

Springs:
- Spring Rates Front: Swift 65mm 7in – 336LB
- Spring Rates Rear: Swift 60mm 9in – 672LB
- Stock Ohlins Springs included

Camber Plates:
- Vorschlag with Bimmerworld Front Strut Tower Braces

End Links:
- Front: Hotchkiss Adjustable
- Rear: N/A – recommend a rear adjustable set

Picture Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cyNtvQRGvJZC22D38
- Dog and Apex Wheel Spacers are not for sale :-).

Attached Images

Last edited by beattiecj; 09-08-2019 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 01:21 AM   #2
dleccord
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

are these good for street or stiff?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 06:16 AM   #3
beattiecj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleccord View Post
are these good for street or stiff?
Yes, They are firmer than stock but you can adjust the damper stiffness. I daily drove them and found them to be quite nice on the street. The Dual Flow Valving Ohlins uses does a great job. I swapped back to stock when I traded in my car and was just sad felt like a boat😞.

These do not turn your car into some crazy stiff Honda were you get bounced around at every bump feeling like the car will explode.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
dleccord
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattiecj View Post
Yes, They are firmer than stock but you can adjust the damper stiffness. I daily drove them and found them to be quite nice on the street. The Dual Flow Valving Ohlins uses does a great job. I swapped back to stock when I traded in my car and was just sad felt like a boat😞.

These do not turn your car into some crazy stiff Honda were you get bounced around at every bump feeling like the car will explode.
I don't track my car. How long do you think I can go before I need to rebuild these?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
beattiecj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I don't track my car. How long do you think I can go before I need to rebuild these?
Quote:
Quote:

From what I've read Ohlins refurb is every 50k miles and I've seen guys on the forums use them 5+ years before a refresh. Rebuild prices are pretty reasonable. These have 3.7k miles on them plenty of life left
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #6
LS3Series
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Does the one pair have corrosion on the housings or just dirty?

How did the Ohlins Spring rates compare vs Swift springs? What made you use the Swift springs?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
beattiecj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APEXNU View Post
Does the one pair have corrosion on the housings or just dirty?

How did the Ohlins Spring rates compare vs Swift springs? What made you use the Swift springs?

Thanks
It is just dirty in the picture, this weekend when I am back home I'll clean them a bit and post better pics.

I ran the Swift springs for two reasons:
1. A higher spring rate many complained the stock Ohlins Springs were too soft, I never installed them so I cant provide much guidance there. The rates I selected are commonly run, recommended to me when I bought these new and you can go a little stiffer if you need to especially running a R-Compound tire.

I believe the Ohlins rates are as follows:
Front: 400 lb/in (70N/mm) - Swift is 336 so a little less in front, but a shorter spring
Rear: 343 lb/in (60N/mm) -Swift is 672

2. The Swift Springs are shorter which allowed the spring perch to sit above the tire allowing a wider tire up front.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:06 PM   #8
LS3Series
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Helps alot, thank you, I am still learning alot about my e90 but it sure is a joy to drive.

I will keep an eye out for the updated pictures and continue researching, it seems a decent amount of setups use a bit stiffer in rear and 3xx in front... wonder why Ohlins chose the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #9
beattiecj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APEXNU View Post
Helps alot, thank you, I am still learning alot about my e90 but it sure is a joy to drive.

I will keep an eye out for the updated pictures and continue researching, it seems a decent amount of setups use a bit stiffer in rear and 3xx in front... wonder why Ohlins chose the opposite.
Updated pictures - Sale Pending
Appreciate 0