E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Lock/Unlock

03-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
WilliamLAdams
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Lock/Unlock

I have the normal turn signal flash when I unlock/lock my car but is there anyway for the car to make a sound when you do so? If so, is it just the horn & annoying or the short beeps?

Also, I've seen a video where the windows & sunroof will close when the car is locked from the remote...anyone know how to do this?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
snoozee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318i

I think this can only be done if you have the alarm system installed. Need to program it to work though.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the normal turn signal flash when I unlock/lock my car but is there anyway for the car to make a sound when you do so? If so, is it just the horn & annoying or the short beeps?
To get sounds you either have to have the OEM alarm installed/programmed in as mentioned above (sounds 'beeps' not the car horn, using a seperate sound generator that installs in DS rear wheel well as part of the alarm system) or there is an aftermarket module/horn that simulates the 'beep' (but no real alarm). The cost of the module is the same as the OEM alarm in most cases - so why not just buy the real alarm and actually HAVE an alarm?

As your car is an 07', it should already be prewired for the alarm. Sometime after 09' they stopped pre-wiring the alarm if the car did not have the alarm option when ordered to save $$

Quote:
Also, I've seen a video where the windows & sunroof will close when the car is locked from the remote...anyone know how to do this?
This has to be manually 'coded' into the car - check out the extensive coding section of the forum - you can buy the cable, free download the software & do it yourself, or have someone local to you that knows what they are doing set it up.

U.S. cars have the capability of auto rolling Down/Open the windows/sunroof from the fob, but due to safety concerns, they are not set up from the factory to auto roll Up/Close - the lines of code exist, you just need to activate them thru coding (and no, the BMW dealer can't/won't do this for you).

There are a lot of other nice features that can be coded in - enjoy the reading
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
WilliamLAdams
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Thank you!
Appreciate 0