E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Led strip Angel Eyes!!!

01-19-2021, 06:35 PM   #1
Ferdi_bimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Led strip Angel Eyes!!!

Hi guys my first post here, I have a coupe 328i and I'm guessing the previous owner had put in aftermarket bulbs for the Angel eyes so the FRM module had shut them off. I have nowhere near the time or money to code the module, buy new headlights or remove the headlights and open them to put in proper Angel eyes. Also I wasn't sure if coding would work because someone had messed with all the wires behind the headlights and they were a mess, DTR lights had to be wired in and i still get an error signal for lights. So If you are in the same boat as me here is a cool thing I did to get them! I attached a photo but if you can't see it let me know. If you guys are really interested I can post more pics of the steps I took to wiring

So basically I bought some led strips and put them in the housing that lights up the halo, and connected them directly to a positive and negative source. To avoid them always being on and draining your battery I also bought and installed a remote switch. So I have a small but handy remote that switches my light on and off with just a button.
I did all this myself so if you need more clarification please let me know. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 07:41 AM   #2
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Why is only 1 ring lit?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 01:27 PM   #3
Ferdi_bimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Why is only 1 ring lit?
The outer halo is connected to the main inner one by fibre optics and i believe it is broken since no light gets through, I will try to figure out a way to get light there too
Appreciate 0