E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 320D Fuel transfer issue

02-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
alexdavies3
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

E90 320D Fuel transfer issue

Hello
I have recently purchased a 2006 Pre Lci 320D (M47) I bought the car as a non runner I changed the fuel pump (used a pump from a later Lci car) and changed the fuel pump control module and in the end it was the fuel filter that was blocked.

However when changing the fuel pump I noticed the right side of the tank was completely dry and the left side with the syphon assembly was full of fuel, once the car was running I took it for a run and despite showing a quarter of a tank the car ran out of fuel I used the hidden menu to check how much was fuel was in each side of the tank and found that the left side had 14L in it and the right side was showing 0 so the fuel is not transferring to the pump side of the tank is there anything to look out for? And has anyone had the issue before and could shed some advice?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:56 AM   #2
Trunks85
Trunks
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

There are two pumps in the fuel tank, you have the fuel pump and level sensor and then a fuel conveyor unit. I believe that the conveyor unit takes fuel from one side of the tank to the other. It could be a failed conveyor unit or could there be a pipe not connected etc. Here is the RealOEM diagram for the pumps:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=16_0601
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 05:34 AM   #3
alexdavies3
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

Thanks very much I'll check this out and make sure everything is connected as it should be
Thanks
Alex
Appreciate 0