E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > budget e92 base speaker upgrade

06-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #1
jacobrblocker
Rep
Drives: 335i 2010

budget e92 base speaker upgrade

I cant handle how bad the base speakers sound. In adaption i think a rear speaker is dying because at certain tones it will make a static noise. The owner before me must have had an aftermarket amp in the car or something. There are 8 wires going to the back of the trunk as well as 2 gage wires. 2 wires are connected together so i'd only assume he had an amp in the middle before he sold it. I hooked up an old 12 inch sub to the wires because it at least helped some and i already had the stuff. But the garbage high end and going out speaker have made me really want more. Could anyone recommend the cheapest route to getting the audio system to sound half decent? Im not looking to spend a fortune preferably under 250. Thanks for the help and reading all these forums is making my head go to mush and most post are spending more money than i can justify into this car.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 10:26 PM   #2
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
You'll need to amp and replace the speakers to make them sound any good, but may find a deal on used equipment.

Even a simple 4 channel amp, with used logic 7 mids and seat woofers (or even hifi) would be a big improvement, and those used OEM speakers can often be found at decent prices.

Adding a tweeter (the housings are pretty affordable at the dealer) will go a long way also.

Disconnect the rear speakers, one less thing to worry about, and often messes with imaging anyway.