E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > bmwps springs for e92?

05-11-2023, 07:43 AM   #1
Anthonee92
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 335i

bmwps springs for e92?

Having a hard time finding the correct part number for the bmw performance yellow front springs that fit e92s. Could anyone offer any insight on this I’ve searched countless threads to no avail.

What would you guys Also recommended be the next best alternative to keep as close
To oem feel and height as im currently on m sport suspension from factory already.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 01:47 PM   #2
mattanderson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

Similar to all of BMW's OE springs, the correct part number depends on your car's options.

There are 4 different ones for the front and 4 for the rear.

This post has them all: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...44&postcount=2

You can email the major parts dealers with your VIN and they should be able to provide the correct # for your car. However, I've received conflicting info, as BMW seems to be phasing them out and has already discontinued a few of the part #'s.

Last edited by mattanderson; 05-12-2023 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2023, 02:05 PM   #3
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

I'm curious, if you are looking at upgrading your springs but not lowering your car what is the goal of your upgrade? I got H&R sport lowering springs myself.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2023, 05:36 PM   #4
Anthonee92
Rep

Thanks for the info although I have looked through the forum A lot if not most of them all seem to only have verified fitment for 1 series n couldn’t find any for the e92. My 2013 328i came from factory with no nav, sunroof, and m sport suspension which would be the best bet for mine?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 05:49 PM   #5
Anthonee92
Rep

The main goal for me right now is to completely refresh the suspension and surrounding hardware.

I really enjoyed the original suspension and am looking to either just replace it all with oe/oem stuff paired with dinan springs as I can’t find the bmw yellows. That or find the next best upgrade that doesn’t ruin ride quality. wouldn’t mind a slight drop but nothing drastic which is why I’m hoping to hunt down the bmw yellows springs as they offer a slight drop compared to oem m sport suspension.

I was considering going the bilstein b6/8 route with some dinan springs for a slight drop however I’ve heard conflicting things for bilstein and how it can be harsh for daily use .

This e92 is strictly a dialy with some occasional backroad’s spiritual driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 09:07 PM   #6
mattanderson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

If you don't care about lowering, reusing your OEM Sport springs with Bilstein B6 or Koni Yellows seems like a great option.

I have similar goals (plus a little DE/AutoX track time), and am going to try the Pro-Kit + Koni Yellow setup next.

The closest thing to the Dinan springs is the Pro-Kit (Dinan themselves have told me this). If I were feeling especially cynical, I might suspect that the Dinan springs are in fact whitelabeled Pro-Kits, but I think Dinan would have you believe they are custom rates.

If you speak Russian or don't mind doing a little translation, this Russian site seems to be one of the remaining public-facing sites with access to the BMW "spring table":

https://cats.parts/bmw3/E92/49513/L:N:200703/springs/

Last edited by mattanderson; 05-12-2023 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2023, 03:08 PM   #7
Anthonee92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattanderson View Post
If you don't care about lowering, reusing your OEM Sport springs with Bilstein B6 or Koni Yellows seems like a great option.

I have similar goals (plus a little DE/AutoX track time), and am going to try the Pro-Kit + Koni Yellow setup next.

The closest thing to the Dinan springs is the Pro-Kit (Dinan themselves have told me this). If I were feeling especially cynical, I might suspect that the Dinan springs are in fact whitelabeled Pro-Kits, but I think Dinan would have you believe they are custom rates.

If you speak Russian or don't mind doing a little translation, this Russian site seems to be one of the remaining public-facing sites with access to the BMW "spring table":

https://cats.parts/bmw3/E92/49513/L:N:200703/springs/

Thanks a ton Link was rather helpful unfortunately I couldn’t get the model years to go up to 2013. So couldn’t get the right information I was needing.

Definitely looking like I’m gonna go the bilstein route however having trouble findinf the eibach springs to complete the b12 kit for 328i.

Also as an alternative If I where to go the dinan springs route would you recommend I pair them with new oe “msport”Sachs struts/shocks or alternatively b6/b8?
Appreciate 0