E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Passport BMW

07-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
TopDown85
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Artic 335i

Thumbs up Passport BMW

Just wanted to share my experience for those thinking of buying in the MD/DC/VA area.

I researched the e92 for about two months and decided I wanted to sell my current car and lease a 335i Coupe. After emailing my desired specs to all of the local dealers, minus Sterling BMW, I recieved the best quote from Passport. I also did all the reading regarding the area dealers through e90post.com and bimmerfest. Let me just say that the feedback is spot on about Passport.

The process of ordering the car was excellent, the service outstanding, and the salesman great!

I dealt with Raine Mantysalo and would highly recommend anyone looking to buy or lease see him. I took a test drive of a 335 sedan about 2 weeks before I ordered my coupe and he was very friendly and respectful. I am a 22 year old guy and was somewhat concerned that I would not be treated with the same level of attention or seriousness as someone older.

Raine took care of me and made sure I was aware of every step along the way, he encouraged me to get a feel for the car during the test drive and was very knowledgable about answering my questions. He also took me around and showed me some customer cars that were waiting on delivery so I could compare colors/options etc.

When it came time to sign the paperwork and do the deal I talked to Jim Redden. He had recieved a huge amount of positive feedback via these boards so I was aware of what type of service I could expect from him. Being that I'm young, they had to make some calls to get approval for the lease. I have great credit for my age but it was iffy because of the fact that I only have 4 years of credit to my name. This took about a day, but as soon as they recieved approval for the lease terms they called me and told me the car was ordered. Jim is a good guy to deal with and I would also highly recommend him.

A few days later I got a call from Raine about a mistake they had made on my purchase order. They had forgot to add the leather option I had ordered to the cost of the car. The purchase order I had agreed to, signed, and put my deposit down for showed the code for the leather I wanted in the interior box. This would have ment that the car was an additional $1450 below MSRP then they had intended. Passport offered to take $500 off for their mistake if I wanted the leather or I could keep the price I had and just do leatherette. After making some calls to Jim and Raine we worked out a deal and they made extra steps to make the situation right. Needless to say, Jim steped up, met my terms for the mistake, took an additional $250 off on top of the $500 they initially offered, and I am happy to say we both got a fair deal as an outcome.

This dealer was a true pleasure to work with and I am very happy with the terms of the deal we made. I just want to reiterate how impressed I was with the level of service I recieved and would recommend Passport BMW to anyone looking to get a new car.

My car is scheduled to complete production on July 19 :rocks:
335i Coupe in Artic Metallic
Sport Package, Comfort Access, Navigation, Leather, STEPtronic/paddles
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

Nice I am currently working with Peter over there to hopefully land a spot to get an '07 built cause I need a car soon. But more than likely it is too late and I might have to wait for an 08. I might have to consider something else because delivery in late October is too long, but if I choose to stay with a BMW then Passport is definately the way to go.

So how much over invoice did you get for the car before the mistake?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
TopDown85
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Artic 335i

I ended up at $1250 under MSRP. The people over there are great and if they have any way of getting you a car faster they will. I received an email today from Raine letting me know that my car was on a ship and was due in the US on August 6th!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
valdeztke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 GTI

whats peters email addy
T: @DCAutoGeek
juan@dcautogeek.com
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
for Passport

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
Eternum
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Thumbs up

Ordered 2010 328i from Passport after two weeks of shopping around. Big thumbs up! Very pleasant experience with them.

Last edited by Eternum; 12-15-2009 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

Bought my 06 330 from them new a few years ago. Great place.
2016 F10 535i M Sport
Appreciate 0