E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > An interesting series of events...

08-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
JJaber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

An interesting series of events...

Alright - where to start. 2013 E92 335i with Dinan Stage 2 tune - 50k miles

Maintenance so far:

Plugs replaced @ 45k
Coolant flushed @ 47k
Oil changed @ 47k

Issues:

AC stopped blowing cold - dealer said I had a leaky air condenser so I had my mechanic swap out the condenser (they wanted $2,500 for the job!). Said he used OEM parts, I have no reason to believe otherwise. A/C works great driving out.

Next day, my water pump kicks into high gear then goes out during my commute to work. Engine cut power, went into safety mode, then told me to pull over. I pulled over immediately and had the car towed back to his shop because we thought it was related to the AC condenser install. Turned out to be the thermostat being stuck open and we replaced both the thermostat and water pump. Strange coincidence but I know this is a widespread problem with these cars.

Everything is working fine, but my car feels somewhat sluggish below 2k RPM in "D" - in DS it feels fine. Its hard to describe, but I have push the gas pedal in quite a bit to get the car to want to move past 2k RPM in D. It's almost as if there is some massive resistance at the 2k RPM mark, but once its past that its fine. Also, for what its worth, I noticed my car exhaust doesn't crackle and pop as much in DS.

I did the gas pedal reset and I might do the transmission reset - is there anything else that could cause this?
      08-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
Azines
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaber View Post
but my car feels somewhat sluggish below 2k RPM in "D" - in DS it feels fine. Its hard to describe, but I have push the gas pedal in quite a bit to get the car to want to move past 2k RPM in D. It's almost as if there is some massive resistance at the 2k RPM mark, but once its past that its fine.
Does your car have an aftermarket air intake? Mine also does the same thing on some occasions, and the stock airbox solves this
Appreciate 0