E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > " I predict a riot"

10-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
" I predict a riot"

Should make for an interesting and very volatile programme tonight, definitely more explosive than Watchdog.

The audience will include survivors from the Holocaust!

Nick Griffin - BNP, on Question time. BBC1 @ 10.35pm
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Was watching the fracas that happened outside the BBC earlier. Presume they will have Police in the audience/area??
      10-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

A significant contributory factor in the rise, and recent electoral success, of the BNP lies firmly with this Labour Government. I do not believe for one minute that all the people who vote BNP are racists (the 'traditional' definition of racist that is). It is just that some of the BNP rhetoric actually chimes with disaffected voters who feel that the Labour policies on immigration and Europe are out of touch with the feelings of the indigenous populace of the UK.

Lets face it, New Lab have never had a grip on who comes into the country, legally or illegally, and their so called Policy on immigration was non-existent for the first 10 years of their time in office. The electorate have never voted for an increase (by millions of people) in the size of the UK population, neither have they had a say about opening our borders to 200 million or so Europeans who are free to come and go at will.

The issue of immigration (key to the BNP 'success') and so called multi-culturalism can no longer be openly and honestly debated, to do so, and to have an opinion contrary to Nu Labs, is taboo, unless you wish to be branded a racist. Nigel Farage (UKIP) said as much on QT last week. The lack of political leadership on the issue is readily apparent. Kevin Rudd's comment (Australian PM) which was the subject of another thread a few weeks back is exactly the sort of thing the UK Government should be saying which would pull the rug from under the BNP - will Gordo and Harperson ever say anything like that? Don't think so.

So, whilst I abhor the precepts of the BNP, which clearly discriminate on the grounds of colour and race, I think it is right that Nick Bittain gets his chance to make a fool of himself, and I look forward to watching it!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

clips just released on Sky news....
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

I think it's pretty safe to say that wasn't a PR success for the BNP.

Great Britain has way too many of the "wrong" people living here of that I don't disagree, unfortunately a large proportion of them happen to be white and indigenous.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
The issue of immigration (key to the BNP 'success') and so called multi-culturalism can no longer be openly and honestly debated, to do so, and to have an opinion contrary to Nu Labs, is taboo, unless you wish to be branded a racist. Nigel Farage (UKIP) said as much on QT last week.
This isn't just about labour though. The multicultural 'experiment' dates back 30 years.

Trevor Phillips, former head of the Commission For Racial Equality said himself that multiculturalism has 'failed'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Phillips

I agree that we need to have open debate about immigration. Until the last three years the number of immigrants entering the UK was equal to the number of people leaving it. However, in recent years we have seen a net increase in population, from mainly white eastern europeans.

There is nothing wrong in a discussion about managing that increase. The politicians supported an open border because industry said it needed employees for low paid jobs. Now that our economy has been 'adjusted' this is not necessarily the case and won't be for several years to come.

More importantly, we need to listen to people like Trevor Phillips and try to understand why we have problems with the immigrants that are already here. That doesn't mean sending them 'home'. The UK is their home now.

Whats needed is a society which values britishness as an identity, which encourages intergration and which seeks to avoid the creation of ghettos for particular ethnic minorities where they can live in isolation without ever engaging and identifying with the wider community.

The real problem is that at the moment this is being left to the racists to address and no-one should be in any doubt that the BNP are a whites only, racist and bigoted group, with no legitimate mandate in UK politics.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm not religious or racist but this is sad if the majority have to change because of minority

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/8321524.stm
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
I'm not religious or racist but this is sad if the majority have to change because of minority

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/8321524.stm
The issue is that they don't have to change, but for some reason they have.

In the end that's up to them. It's not really the complainants fault, they did not have to act on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 02:56 AM   #9
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Seems to me like a lot of people are "soft as shite" when it comes to them standing up for what they believe in. I dare say this is due to our current nanny state. If we ALL kept quiet - what would change??
      10-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I would be far happier if there was an "Anti Benefit Cheats Party" who would make the lazy fekkers work for their money. They would get my vote.
Appreciate 0