E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD "take a look at my log" thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #2487
RSL
Captain
549
Rep
757
Posts

Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr710 View Post
Here's two more, I can make 30FF happen like clockwork and it's always around my pedal position .. once I go to 99% I can make that 30FF bell ring. What's interesting is that I can see my throttle opens at 81 even at 61% pedal position.

Here's a 3rd gear pull under partial pedal down position .. with no 30ff
https://datazap.me/u/pjr710/3rd-gear...-9-15-19-23-25

Here's my 3rd gear pull with full pedal down position. 30FF happened probably right when the boost starts dropping:
https://datazap.me/u/pjr710/3rd-gear...-9-15-23-24-25
Do you have the flasher module or just monitor? It's using the ZB number instead of rom family, which is an indication the rom isn't a variant directly supported by MHD and needs to be updated first. It's probably why you have odd parameters names for logging. I'd back up and save the rom that's currently in the DME, keep it in a safe place and then let MHD update the rom to one that works with it.

As for your logs, you have 0 PID activity at WOT after spool mode ends. For the part-throttle one, PID remains active. You should still have enough WGDC base at WOT to make boost, so there may still be a leak somewhere or something up with the BCS. Some other things look odd with PID, but get your rom/monitoring sorted before screwing with the WGs. Unless the rods were physically moved before or the flapper(s) themselves are messed up, they're not the source of your boost problems.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #2488
pjr710
First Lieutenant
12
Rep
320
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSL View Post
Do you have the flasher module or just monitor? It's using the ZB number instead of rom family, which is an indication the rom isn't a variant directly supported by MHD and needs to be updated first. It's probably why you have odd parameters names for logging. I'd back up and save the rom that's currently in the DME, keep it in a safe place and then let MHD update the rom to one that works with it.

As for your logs, you have 0 PID activity at WOT after spool mode ends. For the part-throttle one, PID remains active. You should still have enough WGDC base at WOT to make boost, so there may still be a leak somewhere or something up with the BCS. Some other things look odd with PID, but get your rom/monitoring sorted before screwing with the WGs. Unless the rods were physically moved before or the flapper(s) themselves are messed up, they're not the source of your boost problems.
whats the BCS? As of now I've already changed my vac lines and done a pressurized boost test. Right now I have no flash just monitoring tool.

Here are pulls I did this morning .. no 30ff

https://datazap.me/u/pjr710/no-30ff-...5-6-9-15-23-24

I don't have anything to compare to but I think maybe i'm still building boost slowly?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #2489
RSL
Captain
549
Rep
757
Posts

Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Boost control solenoids. When you say you replaced all vacuum lines, I assume you replaced "all" of them, including on the BCS and WGs, that they're all on tight and also checked the vacuum canisters. Also make sure you check the plastic vac tubes over the valve cover that connect the vac lines.

PID is working on those last logs and you have boost because you didn't go into spool mode at the start of the pulls. The PID shut off causing your 30FF appears to be because PID is running 100% during spool mode (one of the weird PID things I noticed). I8A0S is a little different from MSD81 roms, but still pretty sure PID is limited to 57% in stock roms like all the others.

I'd hazard a guess the rom in the DME has been messed with and/or is really old. If you bought the flasher module and updated to the latest stock I8A0S bin with, it might correct the PID/30FF and you'd be working with a known stock bin.

EDIT: sorry, it does hit spool mode, but it's not in it as long, probably because you floor it later in the last logs and are in 2nd instead of 3rd. Either way, 30FF seems because PID is timing out during spool mode. It does look like it takes a while to get boost going.

I'd still check BCS before mucking with the WG rods. Just because the DME is commanding x% out of them doesn't mean that's what's actually coming out of the BCS if they're not working properly.

Last edited by RSL; 11-08-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #2490
pjr710
First Lieutenant
12
Rep
320
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSL View Post
Boost control solenoids. When you say you replaced all vacuum lines, I assume you replaced "all" of them, including on the BCS and WGs, that they're all on tight and also checked the vacuum canisters. Also make sure you check the plastic vac tubes over the valve cover that connect the vac lines.

PID is working on those last logs and you have boost because you didn't go into spool mode at the start of the pulls. The PID shut off causing your 30FF appears to be because PID is running 100% during spool mode (one of the weird PID things I noticed). I8A0S is a little different from MSD81 roms, but still pretty sure PID is limited to 57% in stock roms like all the others.

I'd hazard a guess the rom in the DME has been messed with and/or is really old. If you bought the flasher module and updated to the latest stock I8A0S bin with, it might correct the PID/30FF and you'd be working with a known stock bin.

EDIT: sorry, it does hit spool mode, but it's not in it as long, probably because you floor it later in the last logs and are in 2nd instead of 3rd. Either way, 30FF seems because PID is timing out during spool mode. It does look like it takes a while to get boost going.

I'd still check BCS before mucking with the WG rods. Just because the DME is commanding x% out of them doesn't mean that's what's actually coming out of the BCS if they're not working properly.
Hey so I forgot to mention that I did replace my boost solenoids as well .. both of them. Initially I did notice kind of a difference .. i felt like they were crisper than my old ones.

Also I bought the car in 2012 with 25k on it. The previous owner did say that he had some kind of JB(X) on it at the time I believe. When he sold it he put everything back to stock b/c he was going to trade it into the dealer.

Maybe I should flash MHD Stock 0 first to see how the car responds before actuator adjustment.

Also I was wondering if "adaptations" may have something to do with the behavior?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #2491
RSL
Captain
549
Rep
757
Posts

Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr710 View Post
Hey so I forgot to mention that I did replace my boost solenoids as well .. both of them. Initially I did notice kind of a difference .. i felt like they were crisper than my old ones.

Also I bought the car in 2012 with 25k on it. The previous owner did say that he had some kind of JB(X) on it at the time I believe. When he sold it he put everything back to stock b/c he was going to trade it into the dealer.

Maybe I should flash MHD Stock 0 first to see how the car responds before actuator adjustment.

Also I was wondering if "adaptations" may have something to do with the behavior?
No adaptations will impact boost, might smooth out the BCS over time. How many miles are on the car now? Could be any number of things still, including the turbos/WGs, but I'd definitely start by getting a known rom in there.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 03:29 PM   #2492
pjr710
First Lieutenant
12
Rep
320
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSL View Post
No adaptations will impact boost, might smooth out the BCS over time. How many miles are on the car now? Could be any number of things still, including the turbos/WGs, but I'd definitely start by getting a known rom in there.
I have 120k on it. Mostly highway. I've never really abused the car by any means.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 05:15 AM   #2493
nick9one1
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: E89
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Nottingham

iTrader: (0)

Hope you guys dont mind me posting here, I have an N54 but its in a Z4

I've got catless downpipes, charge pipe, SSQV, and stepped VRSF intercooler. I've recently swapped all injectors to index 12, walnut blasted and fitted the NGK 5992 gapped to 0.022.

I'm in the UK and its quite easy to get 99ron over here so flashed the 98 ron Stage 2+

here's my log:

https://datazap.me/u/nick9one1/log-1...14-21-24-25-29

everything look ok?

The boost is consistently 1psi under target, is this normal?
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #2494
Julian2485
Major
87
Rep
1,314
Posts

Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New york

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2485 View Post
Can anyone check my log please
Man what is up w this log? Even the load requested is lower than stock. Car must be slow as dog. Timing corrections higher than anything, altho all cylinders seem in sync. Bank 1 seems a mess (lamda and stft)
What is going on?
I took off Mhd because i had to do a recall and i kept my n20 sensor which happened to go bad. How was my hpfp looking in my log ? While cruising on highway car lost power and i had to pull over, when trying to restart it would crank but not start and fuel pump pops up on idrive. I would have to wait at least 10 minutes before car would start up again. Took my car to bmw and they said my hpfp and injectors are both good.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #2495
pjr710
First Lieutenant
12
Rep
320
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

I just adjusted my rear actuator arm and think i fixed my boost leak ... here are 2 logs .. thoughts? https://datazap.me/u/pjr710/3rd-gear...5-6-9-15-23-24
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 11:49 PM   #2496
RSL
Captain
549
Rep
757
Posts

Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr710 View Post
I just adjusted my rear actuator arm and think i fixed my boost leak ... here are 2 logs .. thoughts? https://datazap.me/u/pjr710/3rd-gear...5-6-9-15-23-24
That looks a lot better for boost.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #2497
pjr710
First Lieutenant
12
Rep
320
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSL View Post
That looks a lot better for boost.
Yea i listened w a mechanics stethoscope to adjust it to close at 5.9 HG.

I dont believe it was even closing! So i turned it about 4-5 times. The car feels way different now.

Also i listened to my front turbo as well and it seems to be in much better condition. Meaning it is closing very close to 5.9 HG a barely seems to have any rattle when listening.

So hopefully Im in good shape!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #2498
kingcloudix
Private First Class
kingcloudix's Avatar
31
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: SG E92 Diego aka Silver Surfer
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Hyattsville, MD

iTrader: (0)

Can someone please look at my log. Been getting lean codes at idle. Checked all vacuum lines...no leak. Also noticed my throttle position dipped but acceleration was still 99%. Is that normal?

https://datazap.me/u/kingcloudix/log...-22-25&solo=14
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 05:42 AM   #2499
n54dct
New Member
Finland
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: E92 335i, N54 & DKG
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation Leaking injectors?

Hello,

Do you guys think I have leaking injectors in both banks? Bank 1 afr rises lazily after letting off gas and bank 2 afr shows an irregular peak which differs too much from bank 1 when shifting from 3rd to 4th.

https://datazap.me/u/n54dct/pull-3rd...ata=3-16-17-23

I have rough and stuttering idle to the point the engine almost stalls when cold starting. I don't have codes though. Car is 2009 and driven 155.000 km/96.000 miles, injectors are index 7. Seems clear to me that the injectors are leaking, but the thing that wonders me is that I have taken multiple logs and this is the only log that shows these signs. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:47 AM   #2500
AU-bmw335i
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 08 335i sedan
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sydney AU

iTrader: (0)

Can someone please enterpret these logs for me (they are metric)

stage 2+ 98RON tune
https://datazap.me/u/au-bmw335i/log-...og=0&data=3-20

Stage 2 95RON tune
https://datazap.me/u/au-bmw335i/log-...og=2&data=3-20

Details are 08 e90 335 with 5" FMIC and BMS downpipes. I only just installed MHD and am not sure what I should be looking at most (timing correct? WGDC? AFR?). To me they both look OK.

I logged both tunes as I am not sure which I will use given mods and the fact its a daily.

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #2501
Jerain
Private
Jerain's Avatar
18
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU-bmw335i View Post
Can someone please enterpret these logs for me (they are metric)

stage 2+ 98RON tune
https://datazap.me/u/au-bmw335i/log-...og=0&data=3-20

Stage 2 95RON tune
https://datazap.me/u/au-bmw335i/log-...og=2&data=3-20

Details are 08 e90 335 with 5" FMIC and BMS downpipes. I only just installed MHD and am not sure what I should be looking at most (timing correct? WGDC? AFR?). To me they both look OK.

I logged both tunes as I am not sure which I will use given mods and the fact its a daily.

TIA.
You are far away from boost target, so you must check for boost leaks and/or vacuum problems...
__________________
____________________________________________
2007 BMW E92 335i 6MT - OS GIKEN Superlock LSD - SMFW - 550i Clutch - MHD V8 Stage 2+ 102RON - MTC 5" stepped intercooler - Modified empty OEM look downpipes - EZP airscoops - Z4 35is airbox lid - Pagid RSL19 brakepads - Steel brakelines - SRF brake fluid - APEX EC-7 Satin Black - Yokohama AD08R
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #2502
AU-bmw335i
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 08 335i sedan
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sydney AU

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerain View Post
You are far away from boost target, so you must check for boost leaks and/or vacuum problems...
Thanks Jerain. Ordered new boost solenoids and a bunch of vacuum lines
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 03:36 AM   #2503
Jozy
\_(ツ)_/
Jozy's Avatar
Singapore
165
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: R32 GTR
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcloudix View Post
Can someone please look at my log. Been getting lean codes at idle. Checked all vacuum lines...no leak. Also noticed my throttle position dipped but acceleration was still 99%. Is that normal?

https://datazap.me/u/kingcloudix/log...-22-25&solo=14
you are overboosting which is why the throttle is closing to control the boost

log looks ok otherwise. in 4th gear all goes to hell due to iats going up. get a bigger intercooler
__________________
30FF
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:25 AM   #2504
JohnDaviz
New Member
2
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Can somebody please review my log?

MHD Stage 2+ 93RON - Car is 335 N54 DCT with FMIC + CP and Stock DP

I am happy with the car but spool looks slow and i dont reach target. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #2505
budge1994
Registered
3
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: purple 335i e93
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: bournemouth

iTrader: (0)

misfire

hi im getting a misfire in cylinder 3, ive just changed all the coils and spark plugs for new ones (ngk spark plugs gapped at 0.0022 or whatever. it only does it in 4th gear and up at wot. heres a log of me in 5th or 6th gear whilst getting the misfire .

https://datazap.me/u/budge19o4/log-1542375616?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #2506
kingcloudix
Private First Class
kingcloudix's Avatar
31
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: SG E92 Diego aka Silver Surfer
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Hyattsville, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozy View Post
you are overboosting which is why the throttle is closing to control the boost

log looks ok otherwise. in 4th gear all goes to hell due to iats going up. get a bigger intercooler
Thanks a bunch fam.

Also, the only consistent code I get is Bank 1 and 2 lean. Can this be the reason Im not targeting 18 pounds boost? Which sensors need to be replaced...before or after?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #2507
335e92tx
Colonel
335e92tx's Avatar
594
Rep
2,545
Posts

Drives: Was 07-335e92 - Now '13 335IS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDaviz View Post
Can somebody please review my log?

MHD Stage 2+ 93RON - Car is 335 N54 DCT with FMIC + CP and Stock DP

I am happy with the car but spool looks slow and i dont reach target. What do you think?
Upload to datazap.me.
__________________

Apr'17 - '13 335IS replaced the '07 E92
IS mods-MFactory LSD.MHD/BQ Tuned.ATM-IC.Fuel-it S2.FlexFuel.AFE Momentum GT.Konis.Mfront&rear arms and rods
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #2508
HarryW335i
Registered
United Kingdom
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 335i N54
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: NOTTINGHAM

iTrader: (0)

First data log, car doesn't feel like it's pulling as before.

This is my first data log so I might not of done it right.
I was running the car on shell v power, stage one with no mods, took my car to be walnut blasted, vacuum lines replaced, boost solenoids replaced, wastegate rattle fixed and he said he could gut my downpipes for £30 whilst they was off so I can run stage two so I thought why not until I get some down pipes, the car pulled great after having the work done and running stage two, felt like a different car, I took it for a spin a few days ago and it felt like the clutch was slipping and it it feels like it isn't boosting half as much as before, just done a couple of logs but didn't have a chance to do anymore, don't suppose anyone could help me out to figure out the problem, thanks!
https://datazap.me/u/harryw335i/n54-...8;data=3-12-20
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST