E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Supercharger stuff (MILVs+AA+BPC)

05-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #89
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

idk what e body this is though...
Shooooort elbow...
Attached Images

05-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #90
Kubricks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 130i M/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Shooooort elbow...
ummmmm.... it might work but space for me would be very tight anyway. The location will also be a bit hot but I guess you can solve it by other means?

How would you locate the MAF sensor? I know we runs Alpha-N but that module are still use for other function right?
      05-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #91
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubricks View Post
Quote:
Shooooort elbow...
ummmmm.... it might work but space for me would be very tight anyway. The location will also be a bit hot but I guess you can solve it by other means?

How would you locate the MAF sensor? I know we runs Alpha-N but that module are still use for other function right?
I really need to figure out where this image came from... it has to have the maf on it somewhere... As for the heat aspect, the filter would sit under the slats of my hood. It floods pretty bad out here, would hate to have a bad time with it. Will definitely figure something out-
      05-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #92
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Okay, so after some digging, I found out the image above is from a e85 z4.
So.
If the elbow used above just isnt possible because the 3im is in the way, I am curious as to whether or not there is slightly more clearance with the n54IM (queue in Biginboca) The maf/iat sensor has to be on that elbow somewhere. It's the same n52b30 as mine after all.

I also want to speculate that I might have more room off the bat by having a larger chassis with the e90. I think its doable. I think the hardlines on top will need to be altered along with the position of the power steering resevoir for this to be a possibility.
      05-03-2018, 11:51 PM   #93
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Use a euro IAT. Same housing/connector, but it has no MAF sensor and blocks less of the intake.
Appreciate 2
Noir883.00
      05-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #94
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
Use a euro IAT. Same housing/connector, but it has no MAF sensor and blocks less of the intake.
I has the IAT in my car right now
      05-04-2018, 06:25 AM   #95
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

There is more room with the N54 manifold for sure. What is the flow path for the intake with the SC? Is it flowing from that hard tube with the IAT into the silicone tube joining it? Or from the silicone into the hard tube?

The Throttle Body intake on the N54 points down so some of that extra room might be filled with elbows but I would think the packaging would be noticably easier with the extra room it gives.
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      05-04-2018, 07:34 AM   #96
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Quote:
5) If you drive very hard on consecutive corners the venting plug will weep a little and you have to top up the supercharger fluid. It's a known issue but it may not happen to you; just check the V3 oil level every other week will be good?

Enjoy.
Could you vent it to a catch can of some sort?
There is a thread on it!
Edit: I seriously can not find it... wtf... was on it last night. Cdutch513 was the cat who did it, almost 100 percent certain... This is bothering me. He [or whoever it was] even attached a video of the setup.
      05-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #97
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
There is more room with the N54 manifold for sure. What is the flow path for the intake with the SC? Is it flowing from that hard tube with the IAT into the silicone tube joining it? Or from the silicone into the hard tube?

The Throttle Body intake on the N54 points down so some of that extra room might be filled with elbows but I would think the packaging would be noticably easier with the extra room it gives.
So that hard plastic piping that is on the right of the unit, leads down and places the filter directly below the SC itself. Thats what prompted the guy who made the oil catch can, he had some oil leaking down onto his filter, IIRC. And I am glad to hear that with that particular manifold. Thank you for chiming in! FWIW, I got a hold of AJ and he said I could definitely get the piece for the filter to be on top, but was told the supplied hard plastic intake piping helps produce colder air. And naturally so given its position directly behind the bumper where a fog light would be (cant think of the name of that area, go figure) which in turn, prompted Kubrick to create his shield to help limit the amount of water splashing onto the filter. I dont mind adding the elbow to the top because likely, I would do the same as Kubrick to try and protect the filter thus blocking SOME of the air coming in as well. However, even if it was on top, it would be next to an open vent on the hood. And given a rainy day, I would go with my earlier post of creating a similar guard to put underneath said vent. Dont gotta go too fast in the rain, ya know?[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

From the front, the filter would be to the left of the vent, since the power steering reservoir is almost directly beneath the vent itself. It is possible to kind of create a channel for air to pass directly over to the filter. Would just take some time.
Attached Images

05-04-2018, 08:02 AM   #98
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
What kind of oil cooler are you running?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #99
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Just cut a hole in your hood and have the filter stick out.
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      05-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #100
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Just cut a hole in your hood and have the filter stick out.
im not cool 'nuff
      05-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #101
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
So that hard plastic piping that is on the right of the unit, leads down and places the filter directly below the SC itself. Thats what prompted the guy who made the oil catch can, he had some oil leaking down onto his filter, IIRC. And I am glad to hear that with that particular manifold. Thank you for chiming in! FWIW, I got a hold of AJ and he said I could definitely get the piece for the filter to be on top, but was told the supplied hard plastic intake piping helps produce colder air. And naturally so given its position directly behind the bumper where a fog light would be (cant think of the name of that area, go figure) which in turn, prompted Kubrick to create his shield to help limit the amount of water splashing onto the filter. I dont mind adding the elbow to the top because likely, I would do the same as Kubrick to try and protect the filter thus blocking SOME of the air coming in as well. However, even if it was on top, it would be next to an open vent on the hood. And given a rainy day, I would go with my earlier post of creating a similar guard to put underneath said vent. Dont gotta go too fast in the rain, ya know?[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

From the front, the filter would be to the left of the vent, since the power steering reservoir is almost directly beneath the vent itself. It is possible to kind of create a channel for air to pass directly over to the filter. Would just take some time.
Is that TSM330i old car?

Edit nope.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275629
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      05-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #102
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
Quote:

Is that TSM330i old car?
Its mine
Taskmaster2463.00
      05-04-2018, 08:00 PM   #103
Kubricks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 130i M/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
What kind of oil cooler are you running?
Just a plain old OEM 335i oil cooler, it's donor parts so might as well.
It fits right in after some meddling.
Noir883.00
      05-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #104
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey there, just some suggestions;
5) If you drive very hard on consecutive corners the venting plug will weep a little and you have to top up the supercharger fluid. It's a known issue but it may not happen to you; just check the V3 oil level every other week will be good?
Thinking on this, I may want to secure something on the bottom of the blower, to see how much I am losing on a normal day... You know turns are the best part! :/
Thanks again for sharing this.
Biginboca3759.50
      05-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #105
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thinking on this, I may want to secure something on the bottom of the blower, to see how much I am losing on a normal day... You know turns are the best part! :/
Thanks again for sharing this.
That’s a great idea, like a “catch can” you mean right?
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      05-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #106
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
That’s a great idea, like a “catch can” you mean right?
Yeah, that is what I meant, just unsure if I should've called it that or not..

Whilst I have you here, just to reaffirm, the TB bolted up just fine to the n54 IM?

Edit: Just saw a suuuuper good deal for a manifold for 50 bucks.
But its bare bones as it gets, no pressure sensor included, no tubing of any sorts either.
What say you?
If that is all I need, and no 'peripherals' so to speak from the manifold, then yay me.

Last edited by Noir; 05-14-2018 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #107
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, that is what I meant, just unsure if I should've called it that or not..

Whilst I have you here, just to reaffirm, the TB bolted up just fine to the n54 IM?

Edit: Just saw a suuuuper good deal for a manifold for 50 bucks.
But its bare bones as it gets, no pressure sensor included, no tubing of any sorts either.
What say you?
If that is all I need, and no 'peripherals' so to speak from the manifold, then yay me.
The WCR Throttle Body bolts right up, no worries there. You will not be using anything peripheral to the manifold, so no worries there.

The issues will be venting the PCV and the Evap line that connects to the N52 manifold just left of where the throttle body mounts. The N54 manifold has no place to attach that evap line so you will have to add a port somewhere to attach it.

The PCV line you can open up the blank already in the manifold and mount the heater there, just fab up your own line you can’t reuse the stock pcv line from the valve cover.

Honestly, for your uses you would probably be better off using a N54 TB cause you can put the evap line right onto it. And I’ve seen complete N54 manifolds with Throttle Body as cheap as $150 on this forum. It’s a nice savings over the WCR big bore TB and with the SC it probably would work great.
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      05-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #108
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

I don’t think the Super Charger can rev high enough to keep up with the N54...
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      05-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #109
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep

Here’s a n54 manifold and TB for $175

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1485908
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      05-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #110
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
I don’t think the Super Charger can rev high enough to keep up with the N54...
This is what is keeping me guessing TBH.
I dunno how it'd pan out. I know it works wonders with their turbo build (naturally) just unsure for my concoction.