E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Wiper issue

11-18-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
Trunks85
Trunks
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Wiper issue

Hi All,

Hoping someone could help me with a weird issue I seem to be having, my wipers sometimes don't work sometimes they do.

Basically on some occasions I will press the stalk up and nothing happens, then after a short bit of driving they come on at full speed. When I then go down to the lower speed they are lethargic and after a few cycles they will stop working and become unresponsive again. The cycle repeats itself.

If it is raining once I get it going I have to leave it on the fastest setting and it will work.

The issue seems to stem totally in wiper stage 1

I have run a test plan on itsa d, wiper stage 1 does not work on the test however wiper stage 2 does.

I have changed the battery and coded it recently as I thought that my battery could have been the cause, it needed replaced anyway as it is the original battery in my 2011 e90.

When I ran the test plan for stage 1 I could hear the relay click although the wipers wouldn't work.

This has me stumped, I hope someone has some similar experience with this as anywhere I look I cannot see anyone with this exact issue

Thanks in advance folks
Appreciate 0