E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ProCede V2 unit now available

01-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #67
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

and one more question, when do you estimate we can order the integrated v2?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #68
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Shiv, maybe you can shed some light on a question I have...

Why does it seem only V2 now has the partial throttle response benefit? I personally think I prefer it, just based on my 330i that responds so quickly to the lightest touch. I don't understand why many tunes (Dinan, and now Attache) have changed to make the tune be felt only after 50% or more throttle depression. Can you explain the benefit of this? Or the benefit of yours? Ironically, for all the techincal features of each tune, to someone like me having partial throttle response will be the deciding factor. Thanks.
      01-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #69
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

They claim it's for "fuel economy" I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu View Post
Shiv, maybe you can shed some light on a question I have...

Why does it seem only V2 now has the partial throttle response benefit? I personally think I prefer it, just based on my 330i that responds so quickly to the lightest touch. I don't understand why many tunes (Dinan, and now Attache) have changed to make the tune be felt only after 50% or more throttle depression. Can you explain the benefit of this? Or the benefit of yours? Ironically, for all the techincal features of each tune, to someone like me having partial throttle response will be the deciding factor. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #70
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
I'm not really a complainer but, this is kind of a shitty business practice.

It pretty much sucks for those of us who ordered this thing in September and didn't receive it until last week. Now it's free. WTF?

I could have waited one more week after 3 months if I'd known it was going to be free.
You know I agree 100%. So far I have waited 3.5 months and have NEVER complained about the wait ,...Knowing it was backordered and accepting it. I received mine last week and now its FREE...WTF? I have not been a Koolaid drinker nor a Haterade drinker because I just read posts and come up with my own conclusions. I also RARELY comment on any Vishnu business practices in the open forum....but this really CHAPS MY HIDE. How is it free now?

How would Vishnu like it if I returned my Procede and reordered it for free. Now there is no backorder and its free. RIDICULOUS!!

If anything Vishnu should REFUND everyone having to wait over 1 month for their $150 and charge the NEW people. THIS IS BULLSHIT!!

Love the product though,...but souring on the company......
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #71
2007_E93
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I think you will never just get it!!!! People waited 3 to four months for this upgrade, but I forgot you received preferencial treatment and received yours in a couple of weeks...Those of us who waited 3 to 4 months are pissed that when they received it after that time....Do u get it NOW!!!
+1000
Or waited patiently and then less than a few days later,...now its free and READY to ship.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #72
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
I'll say it again, the v2 upgrade is not free. It is just included with new PROcede orders. If you have a v1 PROcede, the upgrade to v2 is still $150.

The reason why people waited for a while to get their v2 was because we received a 400 orders in the course of 1 week. We could not fill and support all those orders at the same time. Now with that out of the way, we can get back to regular business.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #73
2007_E93
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I'll say it again, the v2 upgrade is not free. It is just included with new PROcede orders. If you have a v1 PROcede, the upgrade to v2 is still $150.

The reason why people waited for a while to get their v2 was because we received a 400 orders in the course of 1 week. We could not fill and support all those orders at the same time. Now with that out of the way, we can get back to regular business.

shiv
So if I understand this correctly this is like lowering your V1 price and the complete package v2 at the old v1 price? I guess thats reasonable. I like most I thikn dont like to pay full price and wait ~4 months to get something to find out I could get it next week and 150$ less. I guess I didnt understand that it was only for complete V2 and not upgrade...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #74
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007_E93 View Post
So if I understand this correctly this is like lowering your V1 price and the complete package v2 at the old v1 price? I guess thats reasonable. I like most I thikn dont like to pay full price and wait ~4 months to get something to find out I could get it next week and 150$ less. I guess I didnt understand that it was only for complete V2 and not upgrade...
Yep, i think a few other people misunderstood it as well. It's all good. Just enjoy your car. We'll have some more updates for you guys soon.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #75
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

I don't think this is an unfair business practice:

1) If you don't have procede, you pay 1300 for v2.
2) If you had procede 1.47, and ordered v2 for $150, you pay $1450. But you still had procede for months that you got to enjoy, and that is compensation for the $150.

The only people that get screwed, if there are any, are people who ordered for example v1.47 and v2 upgrade last week, and now found out you can get it both for $1300. Thus, the only people that have a valid claim are those who don't have procede, yet paid $1450 for it.
      01-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #76
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
When I bought my Macbook, I didn't have the option to upgrade my memory to what is now standard at the same price. This is how technology generally works. So, yeah, I could have waited a year for the extra features, and paid the same price. But instead, I bought my computer a year earlier, with less features, given the trade off of enjoying the computer a little earlier on.

The same goes for the PROcede. Sure, people who waited this whole time, driving around with 300hp, now get v2 as part of the package, but they also did not get to enjoy the extra 80hp that the v1 procede offered, in the first place. If it were my car, that trade off is certainly worth 150 dollars. YMMV.
When you purchased your laptop at whatever price for whatever amount of memory, did they wait 3 months to ship it to you and not tell you that up front? Then a week after they finally shipped it to you, did they offer more memory for the same price? What a joke. I always liked Shiv's tuning and have supported it since I first joined on here over a year ago, but I don't agree with the way you guys choose to run your business.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #77
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Yeah but these people had a 1.47 to keep them happy for those 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
When you purchased your laptop at whatever price for whatever amount of memory, did they wait 3 months to ship it to you and not tell you that up front? Then a week after they finally shipped it to you, did they offer more memory for the same price? What a joke. I always liked Shiv's tuning and have supported it since I first joined on here over a year ago, but I don't agree with the way you guys choose to run your business.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #78
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
We will also integrate the v2 harness into the standard harness as well as add the extra jumpers to the bypass plug just to eliminate a few minutes of work for the end user.

Shiv
Shiv, so again, the v2 harness will be IN the original v1 harness now?

Meaning, brand new customers who order a PROcede v2 will only have 1 harness to install instead of the original v1 PROcede harness AND the v2 addition we've had to install?

Or am I just interpreting your use of "integrate into the standard harness" too literally?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #79
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Yeah but these people had a 1.47 to keep them happy for those 3 months.
I realize that, but I don't see how it makes a difference when they could have bought a procede before V2 was ever even offered, then ordered V2, and then waited a few months to receive it. I just don't like the way that the whole situation was handled. That's my opinon, and i'm sure that there are many others who will disagree with it. That is fine also.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #80
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Shiv, so again, the v2 harness will be IN the original v1 harness now?

Meaning, brand new customers who order a PROcede v2 will only have 1 harness to install instead of the original v1 PROcede harness AND the v2 addition we've had to install?

Or am I just interpreting your use of "integrate into the standard harness" too literally?

Thanks
I think you are taking it too literally. We are manually integrating the v2 harness into the standard PROcede harness. Basically pushing the four wires from the v2 harness into the black connector of the PROcede harness. Just a little less work for the end user to do.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #81
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
I realize that, but I don't see how it makes a difference when they could have bought a procede before V2 was ever even offered, then ordered V2, and then waited a few months to receive it. I just don't like the way that the whole situation was handled. That's my opinon, and i'm sure that there are many others who will disagree with it. That is fine also.
I still don't understand what you find unfair. How would you have proposed we should have done it while still controlling the release rate of v2 to 50 units/week?

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #82
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Lord. I can't wait to hear all the crying if/when the Attache comes out for under $800 and Jim shows up with a shark injector for $500 or so, forcing Vishnu to drop prices substantially. Everyone will want $500 rebates!

You pay to play early. Early adopters rarely get the lowest prices.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #83
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
I still don't understand what you find unfair. How would you have proposed we should have done it while still controlling the release rate of v2 to 50 units/week?

Shiv
I would have just stated up front that we have "x" amount of V2 units to sell and the rest will be on back order until whatever date. I wouldn't have taken more orders than I knew I could handle and keep the rest of the people waiting for months. I know that you had delays that were out of your control and you would have loved to have shipped 500 units on the first day, but all that you need to do is state the situation UP FRONT. I hate the salesman BS that vendors give (not just you guys) not to lose any sales and keep people on the hook so to speak. If you offer a good product and are just up front with your customers/potential customers, they won't go anywhere on you.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #84
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
I think you are taking it too literally. We are manually integrating the v2 harness into the standard PROcede harness. Basically pushing the four wires from the v2 harness into the black connector of the PROcede harness. Just a little less work for the end user to do.

Shiv
OK, thanks Shiv.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #85
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Guys let it go....Shiv already stated that in the future if there are any upgrades that cost money, he will factor it in for the people that purchased it for $150...we will get a discount of some kind...I can live with that...Thats fair in my book and should also be accepted by all those who have spent the extra 150 bucks!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #86
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Guys let it go....Shiv already stated that in the future if there are any upgrades that cost money, he will factor it in for the people that purchased it for $150...we will get a discount of some kind...I can live with that...Thats fair in my book and should also be accepted by all those who have spent the extra 150 bucks!!!
Agreed. He's got that prototype intake coming out that is supposed to get some pretty good gains
      01-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #87
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Agreed. He's got that prototype intake coming out that is supposed to get some pretty good gains

+1
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #88
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

can't wait to pair that up with the v2!
Appreciate 0