E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Performance Exhaust Mod w/ Valve Controller Question

08-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
evan_lala
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

BMW Performance Exhaust Mod w/ Valve Controller Question

I'm looking to improve the sound of my 2009 e92 335i, currently the car is completely stock. I am considering doing a form of the BMW Performance Exhaust mod found here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739970
However, rather than doing the modification on both the driver and passenger side I would like to do the straight pipe on just the drivers side. That way I can use the ExhaustMeister valve controller found here: http://exhaustmeister.com to control the flow through the OEM perforated pipe when cold starting and pulling into my house late at night: this aspect is very important to me as I often need to leave early without waking up my roommates. This setup would be similar to the one found in this video minus the catless downpipes:

Does anyone else have experience with a similar exhaust setup? I'm curious if there is a sizable change in sound from stock without the downpipes or if it will sound only slightly louder than stock even with the valve open. Also, does anyone know if the driver's side of the e92 mufflers contain a resonator or perforated pipe? Thanks!

Last edited by evan_lala; 08-29-2018 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0