E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Battery or alternator

02-15-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
nyklus
Rep
Drives: 2010 bmw 128i

Battery or alternator

Hello, hopefully everyone having a better day than I, anyways my car (2008 bmw 335i) this morning when unlocking it with the key fob I noticed the halos didn't come on, sat in turned it on, noticed it had lost the time but still didn't think much of it, then after driving for 10 minutes or so to work the car started freaking out, every possible light on the dash was on, wipers started going off, soon the Idrive screen turned off, kept driving the car was on limp mode but when I came to a red light it just died and wouldn't turn on due to dead battery, waited for a friend to arrive and gave me a jump, the car started right up but the same symptoms kept happening on the way to work which was right around the corner maybe less than a minute to get to work to where it had stalled, after jumping it almost everything inside the car was off, cluster, everything.. parked it and turned it off and won't start unless I jump it since the battery is too low, so I wonder can the car do this when the battery is this bad or this can only happen when the alternator goes out and the car pretty much runs on the battery until it kills it?
Appreciate 0