E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Logic 7: how can I find full spectrum signal for replacing fronts and subs?

04-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
neusaab
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Logic 7: how can I find full spectrum signal for replacing fronts and subs?

Probably not possible, with balanced outputs going to every speaker from the amp. Is there any way to achieve reasonable sound without spending huge $$?

I'm replacing the front door speakers with DLS 5.25 separates, probably, and adding my single 10" sub in the trunk. I have an 07 335xi. I'll be using my Xtant 403a amp and keeping the stock head unit, hopefully with all its functionality.

I'm looking to clean up the front soundstage and add clean, punchy bass. Logic 7 is ok, but my biggest compaint is muddy midrange.

Thoughts? Will tapping balanced signal from midranges and tweets somewhere result in funny sound? Can I tap signal to the underseat 8's for my sub? Anybody tried a similar project?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by neusaab View Post
Probably not possible, with balanced outputs going to every speaker from the amp. Is there any way to achieve reasonable sound without spending huge $$?

I'm replacing the front door speakers with DLS 5.25 separates, probably, and adding my single 10" sub in the trunk. I have an 07 335xi. I'll be using my Xtant 403a amp and keeping the stock head unit, hopefully with all its functionality.

I'm looking to clean up the front soundstage and add clean, punchy bass. Logic 7 is ok, but my biggest compaint is muddy midrange.

Thoughts? Will tapping balanced signal from midranges and tweets somewhere result in funny sound? Can I tap signal to the underseat 8's for my sub? Anybody tried a similar project?

Thanks.
There are no full range signals in the Logic7.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
neusaab
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
There are no full range signals in the Logic7.
How about tapping the front door signal to drive replacement 5.25 separates, and the underseat signal for either a trunk sub or replacement underseat 8's? Probably missing the lower end of the reproducible spectrum for both sets of replacements?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by neusaab View Post
How about tapping the front door signal to drive replacement 5.25 separates, and the underseat signal for either a trunk sub or replacement underseat 8's? Probably missing the lower end of the reproducible spectrum for both sets of replacements?
You should get a LC6i and sum both signals (front and underseat woofers) and then use that full signal result as input to your amps.

The OEM signal will still have the OEM EQ but it is usable on the cheap, though. Or just go with a used Cleansweep and summing device for a real flat, full range signal output.
Appreciate 0